Ratings for Dr. David Hambly

Unprofessional pretty much sums this 'doctor' and his 'nurse' and 'receptionist'. Enough said.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

I took my daughter to see him at Emerg on Easter Sunday in 2012 and he treated me like I was wasting his and everyone else's time. He was ignorant and extremely rude. He told me I was a over reacting and there was nothing wrong with her. He told me that he couldn't believe I brought her to Emerg when she had only been sick a few hours. He went on and on about how maybe if it had been 48 hours sick... But only a couple of hours... he actually said I was taking the hospital staff away from their family dinners. I had to argue for him to order an X-ray. To which he said ok if you want me to call the technician away from his family dinner and come in on a holiday I will... To which I replied - I work in Health Care - your technician is here in the hospital - not at home and he is being paid double time and a half to be here. Anyway, she had her X-ray and I was right... Unfortunately. She had to be admitted to the QEH with serious Pneumonia and two days later she was life flighted to the IWK - where she went into respiratory failure and needed to be emergency intubated and put on life support... She had absolutely no antibodies because the infection overwhelmed her body. She needed to be given antibodies, blood transfusions and went into kidney failure. Then she developed ARDS. The ICU doctor told is she was his sickest patient and he was panicking. He said he had no control over the bacteria and he didn't know if she was going to get better. He told us if I had taken her home that day like Dr. Hambly was trying to get me to do and if I hadn't pushed for that X-ray - that she would have died. Our sweet little 5 year old would have died. And the thing is - doctors make mistakes. They are not god. They are not perfect. But his arrogance and attitude that day - I will never get over that. I'll never look at him the same way. In my eyes - He's a jerk. Always trust your gut. I knew something was really wrong. And I'm so thankful that I stood up and said I wasn't leaving!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Hambly has been my doctor for 23 years now, he has been wonderful and helpful to me and my family. If he can't answer your questions, he has no problem referring you to someone that can! Love him!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I have a wonderful Dr. he is extremely professional and knows his stuff. I have been going to Dr. Hambly for 30 plus years and am so grateful to have such a great Dr.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr Dave is a very compassionate doctor who is down to earth (likes to joke every now and again) and he has been my Dr. for 23 years now. If he doesn't know what's wrong with me he will send me to someone who does. I really can't say enough of his treatment for my family, he has gone beyond the call of duty. I do not look forward to the day he retires because I see most other Dr.'s in our area being quick to write a prescription and send you out the door, will probably never receive the treatment as well as with Dr. Dave. Happy to say there are now 3 generation of my family he cares for :) PS - Nurse Darlene won't give you any fuzzy feelings, she lacks compassion, makes you feel like you are wasting her time but we do look forward to Dr. Hambly being along in a few minutes to brush those feelings away.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

Misdiagnosed my father with asthma when it was lung cancer and diagnosed a friend with an inner ear infection when it was meningitis. Great doctor if it were the 60's.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012

Waited 3 weeks for a referral to find out it was never sent.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr Dave has been my family Doctor for near 40 years and he has been great doctor.Down to earth and caring person.Thanks Hambley!!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

This is an excellent doctor and if you have a problem that needs a specalist he will refer you to someone knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

Dr.Hambly has been my doctor for many years. He has always been very helpful with my health concerns and those of my family.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010