Ratings for Dr. Theodore B. Laine

We had Dr. Laine for our children prior to moving out of Missoula. I cannot tell you how much we miss him. They don't make doccs like Laine anymore. He answers his own phone, calls your home the next day to make sure the child is doing better, same day appointments, no nurse to gatekeep, and no other providers which means he's the only one who saw my children on each visit. You can't put a price on that! He defined continuum of care. He might not have the best bedside manner, but who cares, he knows his medicine and for us that was most important. He welcomed questions and always had a response that was based on research. He is well-read. We have been in Spokane for 3 years and have never found a true replacement.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

I think he is a smart doctor. However, his bed side manner is terrible. When vaccinating kids/babies he wines and makes pretend cry noises back at them. When questioned about circumcission, he assured us that by the time our son was done having erections in high school his penis would appear uniform. Really?! I apprecite that he takes his own calls but there must be a good doctor with good bed side manner out there.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

Dr. Ted and his staff are simply wonderful! He was our daughter's pediatrician from extreme prematurity through her 18th year. Very patient, knowledgeable and professional with a great bedside manner. My daughter loves his Hawaiian shirts! We love you Ted!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

He is a wonderful- hands on doctor. He takes time with your child (the most important little person :). I LOVE Dr. laine. I recently moved to California with my family and greatly miss him, having a caring doctor IS HARD to find!! I would highly recommend Dr. laine to any family! Thank you for being a wonderful pediatrician! T.D.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2012

We have had numerous visits in the last 6 months with Dr. Laine in regards to our 2 year old daughter and 3 mo. old son. He has never rushed us, visits at length about development and keeping kiddos healthy. Has a helpful guide book to keep at home. Big supporter of breast-feeding. He answers the phone himself 50% of the time I call with questions- and encourages calling to talk to him! He circumcised our son in the hospital, which was awesome. He called us on a Monday morning to see how the weekend went after a different doc took call for him. He wanted to know from us, not just the on-call doc how things were. I really appreciate his availability and openess to being our guide. So glad he's with us and hope he doesn't retire anytime soon!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

This was my pediatrician when I was little and he is a very mean, cold person. His suggestions were generally unhelpful. He may be the source of my Post traumatic stress disorder.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2009

Dr. Theodore B. Laine's Credentials

• Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Seattle Wa 98195 (Grad. 1975)

HealthPartners