Ratings for Dr. Douglas E. Henry

At Children’s Hospital his staff is extremely unprofessional. I was in a severe car accident in 2006, I was 17. I was in a coma for several weeks, and suffered numerous life threatening and changing conditions. For one “Foot Drop” there was actually a cure (surgery performed within 6 months of the accident). My family and I asked him for months (7) and he said that there was nothing. Finally my father insisted that I see a specialist (Neurosurgeon). Within 5 minutes she said that we needed to perform sudden surgery because it was already 1 month “past due.” I had the surgery and I was blessed as my nerve came back. Thankfully we went to someone else, if we had not, I would have to live with this condition for the rest of my life. By the way, my Neurosurgeon was Dr. Gilmer Hill, I think her name has “changed” to Dr. Gilmer or Dr. Hill. She was absolutely fantastic! Hope this helps, please see an expert, not just this general doctor that knows very little about a whole lot.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2008

Dr. Douglas E. Henry's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

MSP/BC Med