Ratings for Dr. Paul Hazell

Treats women with disrespect. Particularly older ones like my mother. He would not answer her question if it was O.K. for her to be eating an egg every day. He just kept writing her scripts out. He knows that the least amount he talked...the quicker she would be out of there. He is very intent on being on time with his appointments. I would say more so than the quality of care he gives. The faster in the faster out. The more patients he sees, the more he makes per hour. I know another elderly lady whom had a boil. For six months & six visits all he did was prescribe antibiotics. Easy customer, easy money. And you wonder why germs becoming immune to antibiotics making them not as effective. When she went the hospital for an emergency for an unrelated issue it was dealt with immediately. He could have keep it up for how many more visits had this not happened. More easy to diagnose visits = more easy money. I was in a doctors office yesterday & heard the patient in the next room getting a boil lanced on the first visit with it & the sigh of relief could be heard by everyone in all the rooms. Think of all the suffering this lady I know went through unnecessarily. With Dr. Hazell it is all about the money. His father was a doctor & I'm of the opinion he taught Paul how to make the most of it in the shortest time possible. He may know his trade, but he is definitely using it to his advantage instead of using it to care for his patients & the rest of society.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr Hazell has been my gp for almost 30 years. I'm very satisfied. Hes always been there for me and my family and if he comes across something hes I sure of, he will send you to someone who is.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2018

Curmudgeonly, stubborn, horrible bedside manner and dismissive. He delivered me and has seen me for 27 years, in that time he has been unhelpful and judgemental. I saw another practioner via referral for a unrelated issue who found out about some of the other issues I have and told me I should be concerned and investigate with my GP he felt that it may be the underlying problem that manifested the other symptoms. When I told doctor Hazel he dismissed it all without looking into it and treated me like a hypochondriac. I don't know if he has always been this way or if its a product of his old age. He is a useless GP and I am switching practices.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Dr Hazel is a nice dr and Mary is lovely however the receptionist is miserable and makes even checking in a miserable experience. Waiting for an hour to be seen by the dr when you have an appointment and good luck trying to call In to book or for inquiries. As for his knowledge I feel as though he could be updated.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

Dr Hazell delivered me and was my doctor ever since, I never had a problem with him until my early 20s when I needed to discuss birth control with him. He wasn't very knowledgeable of the subject, and made any kind of women's health appointment very uncomfortable. He also seemed disconnected from my mental health concerns and when I asked for a referral to a mental health specialist he said he'd get back to me and that never happened. Unfortunately I believe he is slipping in his advanced age. After 25 years I had to change doctors and I was sad to do so.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Been my doctor for 30 plus years. He is a great, kind man who takes his time and treats you right. He isint a pill pusher doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I find Dr.Hazell to be to the point but also addresses your concerns. Have come in for various reasons, and always leave feeling better, and the issues taken care of.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr Hazell and his staff have been my families support for more than 24 years. He is the most down to earth and caring Doctor I have ever had. He is approachable and listens. We , as all families have gone through some stressful times and has always been the kind of support I am looking for.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Would not recommend Dr.Hazel to my worst enemy. He doesn't care about his patients. When a doctor says what do you want me to do about your problem in a snarly voice it just makes me sick. He should retire. He has never helped me in any way and I hardly go to him for anything because of how his mannerisms are. I've finally had it after 20yrs with this jerk. Refuse to ever go back.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Hazell saved my child's life. When my daughter was just over 2 years old, I noticed that she was pale and lethargic. She also had weird bruising all over her body. I thought perhaps she was anemic and just clumbsy like others in her age group but took her alon on a routine visit to Dr. Hazel for something I had. He asked me a couple of questions and gave her a breif examination. He then left the room and returned with an envelope telling me to take her straight away to my local hospital where a pediatrician would be waiting for her in the emergency room. I did as he told me to and withing a couple of hours we were on our way to sick kids where my daughter was diagnosed with Leuukemia. As far as I am concerned he saved her life. Friends have said that their doctors would have dismissed us and maybe just given us some antibiotics. I thank God every day that Dr. Hazel is our family doctor. I fear what might have been had he not been. Thank you!abrupt, I

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Dr. Paul Hazell's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Top Urgent Care Centers in Port Hope, ON