Ratings for Dr. Rizk

Called the emergency room at 4 to see if doctor was on and was told dr rizk would be on until 5. Got there at 430 and was told he left because he was sick of waiting. ....when i called i told them that it was a 7month old who had been seen on tuesday with a pnemonia diagnosis and that it was getting worse....this is the last straw from this man. I will be filing a complaint with the college of physicans

flag | Submitted March 22, 2008

Run far and run fast. Not only does Dr, Risk appear to be severly lacking in knowledge he appears clumsy and unable to perform procedures. what could make him really dangerous is that he seems to panic when faced with anything challenging and seems to not like to be questioned by patients or by his colleagues. (overheard such a situation in outpatients) If you are really sick and need serious medical attention, call another doctor at home.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2007

Where do I start? First this DR discriminates against my niece when she is having seizures at 3 months old thinking she is from the "Labrador Coast" (when she was from the Northern area of Cananda)and told the nurse that he didn't want to get involved. Involved with what? It's his job to help people. Secondly, when I found out that I was expecting a baby (4 weeks along) he told me to go and find another DR, that he would no longer be my GP. I was high risk (and knew that I would have to leave town)and he said that he don't deal with high risk pregnancies and would not help me find a OB/GYN outside! At that time he was the only DR taking new patients, what was I suppose to do? Never the less DR Abby took me on as a patient and I had wonderful care and a healthy baby, no thanks to DR Rizk!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2007

Dr. Rizk is overall a good doctor who does care about his patients. No doctor is perfect, they are human and just like us, they can make mistakes too. I have no real problem with Rizk, however I have switch from him to his wife because I find her more pleasent most times, but she do not do ER so I would say she has less stress and that attributes to it. ANYHOW Dr. Rizk is one of the better Doctors in Labrador West!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007

My sister has a little boy and he is very energetic. I tends to fall down alot and hurts himself quite a bit. Everytime he gets hurt my sister paics and takes him to the emergency room right away. Dr. Rizk accused my sister of child abuse right to her face, and left terrible comments about her in my nephew's folder. My sister had to go through weeks of Social Workers coming to her house and watching her every move. It was when the Social Workers were at her house that my nephew fell off a chair and hurt his arm, And back to the hospital he went to make sure it wasn't broken. When the Social Workers witnessed this, they smiled at her and apoligized and left her alone. There are real kids in this town who get abused and it's the innocent ones who get accused.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2007

I've seen Dr. Rizk for years and have no real complaints about his care. He's always been helpful although he sometimes has a round about way of getting to the point. He's given referrals when necessary, always lends an ear and tries to get to the heart of every problem. He's also feels very strongly about follow-up appointments and ensures his patients are taken care of. I would certainly recommend his clinic.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

Great physician. Exceedingly knowledgeable, helpful, and thorough. Great family doctor and excellent in ER. His caring, as well as his great attention to detail, saved my father's life.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2007

Well went to see him with a family member who is termilly ill,because he was not his doctor he said to bring him back tomorrow night when my doctor is on.how pathetic seeing we came in ambulance and my family member caqnt walk much.My family member needs to be professional cared for right now and dr ritz was very rude and not compassionate.Thank You

flag | Submitted March 25, 2007

Very good doctor, helpful, punctual. Cares about his patients, answers their questions

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007

Saw this doctor in Gerneral Practice and in Emergency a few times. Has very poor knowledge and deemed me mental. I tranferred doctors and within months, had surgery done and on the road to recovering. Due to my lack of faith and trust in this doctor, I wouldn't recommend him to anyone and suggest that the Medical Health Board reassess this doctors qualifications.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007