Ratings for Dr. Mohamed Hussein

Dr. Hussein has been our dentist for about 20 years. We started seeing him when he opened his office on a Sunday to help our 3 year old with a toothache. Over these years he has treated us kindly and with a high level of skill. He has a top notch staff, some of whom have been there for the entire 20 years we have been going there. He can run a bit late but it is usually due to emergency patients that have been squeezed in (on occasion we have benefited from this practice)o or he has taken the time to answer questions or catch up on his patient's lives. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone in need of quality dental care.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr Hussein has been a very calming and caring dentist with a large (fantastic) team of hygenists. As someone who suffers from dental anxiety, I find his office to be flexible and helpful at calming these nerves.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

There is a reason that Dr Hussein attracts top-notch staff - such as newcomer Ian Collins. Simply put, Dr Hussein is one of the best dental surgeons in Ontario, a humble man who is totally committed to excellence. Sure, he has detractors who are quick to criticize him and his amazing staff. Why? Perhaps it's because some of those critics are actually competitors in disguise, jealous of his ever-expanding practice. The fact is, Dr Hussein is a very busy dentist who still finds time for his loving family, and periodic trips to Third World countries where he performs dental work free-of-charge. And how many professionals do this? Hmmmmm...

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Dr Hussein has been taking care of myself and my family for over 20 years now. I can't say enough nice things about the guy. He's a genuine, hardworking man. Hearing some of these comments really do blow my mind- I can only imagine how rude these patients must have been to the doctor to get such a response from him. Yes, he is somewhat late but it's a busy office. I had a bad cavity once, and he numbed my mouth and began drilling it. Due to the extent of the cavity, it did hurt. I told him, tried to brave through a bit more before saying I'd had enough. He listened and cleaned it out to the best of his ability and sent me off. He said there was a chance of me having to have a root canal. Two years later and no pain or need for a root canal. His staff are so sweet, the ladies there are great. Always having me at ease, chatting to keep the mind occupied and whatnot. Ive been going there 2-3 times a year for 17 years, and I've never heard any yelling or him being rude to the girls. From what I know of, at least. I don't feel rushed with the guy--- and obviously he's gonna be late if he's got these people who have questions and concerns which do take time. As for the turn over rate- people go in twice maybe thrice a year at most. You're not in there often enough to know who's working and when they're working... these claims are just so ludicrous, it's really not fair to do so to such a lovely dentist office who does their job and does it well. My main point: this guy knows what he's doing and he does it well, and so do the hygenists. I'll be going here so long as I live in southern Ontario.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Please don't believe the negative comments you read about Dr. Hussein. He & his staff are caring, competent professionals that do excellent work. I believe that any 1 or 2 star reviews have no factual basis & should be suspect. Over the last 10 years or so I have had a lot of major dental works done there & have never had one problem. This is high praise coming from someone who used to have a " dentist phobia". He is a very busy dentist but he has always had time to answer questions & I never feel rushed. Any dentist who is rated consistently with 1 or 2 stars should not be practising dentistry. Dr Hussein does not however fit into that category & I will continue to go to him. The reviewers that rate Dr Hussein very poorly should be ashamed of themselves for discrediting this fine dentist & his staff. Too bad those reviews cannot be deleted because they are defamatory & libellous. I have recommended him highly to my friends & relatives on many occasions.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Have been seeing this dentist for the past 15 years. Hes been great with my family and the work has been great also. Would recommend.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Would not recommend!!! Please be aware if you go to this dentist ... bad advice ... no time to answer questions ... get a second opinion ... I am sooo glad I did!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

So upset! I went in because I had toothache and the dentist said it was nothing and put toothpaste on it. It kept getting worse and I went back - still nothing. I went to another dentist and they showed me the huge cavity in my tooth. Dentist said it wouldn't have been so big if I hadn't waited as long as I did. Be careful if you go here, might end up with problems down the road

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

THE BEST DENTIST EVER! I have had 5 other dentists in the past (2 in Guelph) and Dr. Hussein and the staff are by far (really, really far) the best. I always leave smiling. I would go out of my way to recommend.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr. Hussein has been my families dentist for years and has always gone above and beyond. Staff are friendly and helpful. Complaints about punctuality in some of these ratings should reflect his large clientele base. People love him because of his caring nature and knowledge, often resulting in a bit of a wait because of the amount of patients he has daily! I strongly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015