Ratings for Dr. Ellen Greenblatt

RUN. Don't waste your time. Not interested in anything other than $ (fertility treatments). My husband changed his diet and started taking supplements and within only 1 month, his sperm count doubled (through our own research, as Dr Greenblatt is not interested in looking at any type of holistic approach). The 2nd sperm test my husband had to basically beg to have (as he wanted to see how his sperm had improved from making these changes). Another month went by, and my husband wanted another sperm test to see how it had improved over a 2 month period, which should be his right before agreeing to any kind of fertility treatments...why not improve the sperm first?? Anyways, Dr. Greenblatt would NOT ALLOW my husband to have another sperm test done. Hello? We are taking our health into our hands and because we want to see how it has improved over a 2 month period she would not allow this??? WHY? What difference does it make to her?? Simple...she wants you to remain infertile so she can sell you on fertility treatments. We are waiting to hear back from another clinic as we are not happy with her or the office staff (never answer phone calls, take ages to answer if at all - one email was responded to 2 weeks later). Also, only took a few minutes to go over our test results..nothing in depth at all. Again, she seems like she is more interested in selling fertility treatments. Right away she put me on IVF waiting list. And our diagnosis? You are in the category of "unexplained infertility with possible male factor". I hate these doctors that never seem to look at nutrition, lifestyle etc. There is obviously a reason why we aren't getting pregnant so if all tests seem ok, and my husband's sperm is ok but not the greatest, why not suggest some ways to help boost fertility naturally instead of just having NO EXPLANATION AND PUTTING US ON A WAITING LIST FOR IVF. That is not always the answer! Again, my husband's sperm count has doubled in only 1 month of supplements and slight diet changes. Incapable dr.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Just a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE doctor who is absolutely not interested to properly even interpret fertility results (men's or woman's) yet along to provide more detailed professional advise and help. One initial visit was enough to get an idea how this doctor and her staff works (who take days and sometimes weeks to respond via email and NEVER over the phone) Please don't waste your time and look for another fertility doctor!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Very careless Doctor, When you meet her in any appointments she will talk nicely to you but if you ask any knowledgeable question regarding your case,she will become so rude. Had very bad experience with her.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I have been remiss in not reviewing Dr. Greenblatt until now - first saw her two years ago after two rounds of ivf at another clinics and two early miscarriages (one from an iui and one from one round of ivf). My previous doctor had (almost) convinced me that at 35 my eggs were likely of low quality and that I likely would need to pursue egg donation. Dr. Greenblatt wasn't convinced and encouraged me to try with my own eggs. She was thorough and knowledgeable and never dismissive of my concerns -- she would even discuss studies that I raised with her (all of which she had already read). The road wasn't easy, although my eggs were good as Dr. Greenblatt suspected, and I now have two beautiful kids. She isn't a touchy feely doctor - but after seeing a doctor who "feels your pain" - I found it refreshing to have someone empathetic but with some professional distance. You won't find anyone more knowledgable and more willing to go the distance with you - she won't give up because you've had failures or you're older or have another difficult diagnosis. In this field, that's a rarity (given the obsession with stats, many doctors give up on you). Finally, the all (or mostly) female team of doctors at Mt. Sinai was such a relief - they actually talk to you during procedures and don't pretend to have all the answers. I have sent several friends and acquaintances to Mt. Sinai and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Having seen Drs Librach and Hannam already I am so relieved to be with this doctor. I am 8 weeks pregnant

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

I saw Dr Greenblatt for fertility issues and I found her to be grossly insensitive and quite rude. After several months went to another fertility clinic who reviewed my files(6 months of fertility monitoring with Dr Greenblatt) and they were shocked to discover that Dr Greenblatt had not acted on several good opportunites. I had far better results with second clinic, much better treatment and I would strongly suggest that you look elsewhere if you are one of her patients.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr.Ellen Greenblatt is a nice doctor .she is kind we are grateful for her help .she explain well the procedures .she cared and answers all our questions.we could entire open with her emotionally.we are now happy and very happy family as well.we have a healthy baby girl.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Waited 6 months to see her and she spent less then 10 min with me, I was going to ask her a question she interrupted me and said:"I guide the conversation here, or this will take too long.." I could not believe it! She then left the room and I had no idea what I was suppose to do, all she said was I see you in 1 month. NO you are not seeing me again, NEVER again!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Terrible! The rudest Doctor I have ever been to, made me fell worse then when I arrived. Did not let me talk, spent 5 min with me, just an awful Doctor .she must have some power there because to act like she does and have not got a correction from the hospital. She never discust the results of my tests and made the decision with out talking to me that I woul get an IUI but would be injectable in high level. I had to chase her around to get an idea how much that would cost she couldn't care less is I could afford or no to pay over 8k to IUI. At my age 41 if I am going to spend 8k it may be for an IVF which is free. She never told me I had good or low amount of eggs.. I had to unsuccessful chase her around in the the hospital many times. to get an answer of 1 simple question which she cut me off many times . Knowing the waiting list is getting bigger she never booked me for IVF which back in march was 6 months waiting , now is up to 1 year. Anyway... After changing doctors I have to say I am much happier patient and not going to do a treatment with her I will probably have more chance getting pregnant once I don't have to deal with her bitchness. She did a test on me that was painful because she kept doing a bad job and I was in terrible pain, she had no sympathy at all, and after that I had pain for 1 week , bleeding. Do NOT Go to this doctor!!!! As the comment below said ... RUN The new doctor is a really good one that have been discussing with me all the steps and mentioned that I actually have a good egg storage and that may chances are ok with clinic...and now I feel more like I am dealing with a good doctor, which thank God is not dr greenblat which is was a waist of time, I wish I never met her!!!!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

If I had listened to Dr Greenblatt I would have had no children. She thinks she knows more than she does and thinks she is better than she is. She is also not compassionate at all. I wasted precious time with this Dr. Please listen and RUN.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016