Ratings for Dr. Thomas Lobsinger

Tracy has always been rude and condescending to patients . Even witnessed treating co workers in same manner. Tom never refers to other medical professionals .The people who have rated him well have probably not had many health issues.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr Lobsinger has been my doctor since I was born (Literally. He delivered me) and I think he's a great doctor. The facility itself can be a little slow sometimes, but I've never had to wait over 20 minutes. I have never had an issue with the receptionist, she's always smiling when I see her and calls me by my first name.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Dr. Tom had been our family doctor for more than 25 years . He is helpful, knowledgeable and very compassionate. I never had to be my own advocate for my healthcare, and he always made sure we were well taken care of.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

I have had Dr. Lobsinger for my personal doctor since he moved to Orillia, some 20 + years. I have always had full respect and confidence in his abilities and felt he was always concerned for my well-being and treated me accordingly. Whenever I needed a specialist, one was always referred or at least offered. He has closely tracked my family medical history and is concerned enough to keep close attention to my related health. I, unlike other reviews, have not had any problems with Tracy. There was a period of time where it was very difficult to get through to the office by phone but that seems to have changed since Diane joined the office staff. Both staff have treated me very well. I do notice that Diane is very pleasant on the phone to me personally and from hearing her talk while waiting in the office. This is not to say that I was ever treated rudely by Tracy. My one complaint is that it does take a long time to book an appointment for not emergency issues.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Tracy the receptionist is a snott bag is quite pompous who needs not to deal with people for a living. Dr Lobsinger's consistant miss diagnosis ( on three separate occasions -three major issues one ended up being cancer! In addition, If you mention your concerns he just wants to "monitor" AKA not ever deal with it again .... my husband went to the after hours clinic and Lobsinger was so rude to him. I AM SWITCHING DR'S

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

Dr. Lobsinger has been my family doctor since I was born. His secretary is extremely unkind and has even made me cry on occasion. He seems fairly professional behind closed doors, but once your appointment with him is over he opens the door and loudly speaks of your problem for everyone to hear and what to follow up for your symptoms. He overbooks, as I have waited over an hour for some of my scheduled appointments that I booked months in advance. For being a small down doctor, he is very judgmental in regards to stating his own non-medical opinion - for example "So, do you smoke like your mother?" I wish it was easier to find another doctor, for booking an appointment with him is my least favourite thing to do.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I've been going to Dr.Lobsinger for eleven years now and he's never been anything but helpful and kind! I have very poor health and I'm there often. He's never dismissed me as other doctors have and through him I've received treatment for many ailments other doctors wouldn't even examine for. He's not always on time but never outrageously so. His secretary however, is often unkind and dismissive.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

He overbooks all the time, therefore he's usually an hour behind. Tracy the secretary is very rude. Dr Tom has been my doctor for twenty years, and I've had it with him. He doesn't listen and is very condescending. Time for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Lobsinger throughout my pregnancy (this is my first child). I came to him because he is my husbands family doctor. I am extremely disappointed with how he practices medicine. He never answers simple questions (ie. should I dye my hair while pregnant, is it safe to eat aspartame, etc) he only refers me to some website that has to do with narcotics and other street drugs while pregnant - not at all what I was asking. He's rude, condescending and refuses to refer me to an obstetrician. Most of his staff is friendly. However, I was in a few weeks ago to pick up paper work for a blood test. After calling for over an hour after their lunch and it going straight to the "closed for lunch" recording, I went in in person and the snotty receptionist admitted she doesn't know how to turn it off and so she just wasn't answering the phone that was ringing off the hook. I will never recommend this man, nor will I go to him again.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Dr. Lobsinger is an excellent position that has a very thoughtful approach medical problems. I thought I had to see a specialist but he reassured me and treated me very efficiently and correctly. In a follow up appointment I was much better and he still asked me if I wanted to see a specialist [so the door is always open to this option]. I have a very high respect for this individual and feel very fortunate to have him taking care of me and my family. His office staff are very courteous and efficient. His 25 years of experience certainly show.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013