You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Bill Nelems

Dr Nelems removed my right top lobe due to lung cancer.Over twenty years later,I still am able to do normal activities,this man is god to me,I believe he saved my life.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Excellent example of a professional with well rounded character and excellent down to earth approach to healing.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

I had right lung removed - the Dr. was great- to me a angel..... what more can I say - just love him

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

It is absolutely unbelieveable that Dr. Nelems still choses to perform this difficult surgery - bilateral 1st rib and cervical rib resection and scalenectomy. A surgery that no one in my home province of Ontario wished to undertake due to the difficulty and complications - and with their reservations I didn't really want them to. Dr. Nelems has been fantastic and I cannot thank him enough for giving me my life back. His knowledge and expertise are without equal. The road to recovery will not be easy but within days I was already better than my presurgical state. Thank you Dr. Nelems!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

I met Dr. Nelems in June 2008. He was able to give me answers to a lot of symptoms that I was living with. His staff were supportive and understanding during my wait time for sugery. I had surgery in Oct 2010 on both right and left thorasics. Dr. Nelems was amazing with information and follow up. He is a very gentle and kind man. Thank you.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

dr nelems was amazing ! humurous supportive .. very easy to chat with and understand !! I cannot however say this about the care at the kelwona general hospital .. I was discharged with my IV still in my arm !!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

This was the worst Doctor I have ever run into!! He gave me a TOS surgery that not only didn't work! He also didn't want to give me the pain pills after he cut through most of my right arm. This man is a monster and shouldn't be a Doctor PERIOD!!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

very quick to perform surgery but very poor on post-op follow up. Is very quick to do this TOS surgery at the slightest hint of symptoms. First impression leaves you feeling cared for but in the end... you feel like just another number to back up his so-called findings for TOS. I am now left with multiple scars from 4 different surgeries and am left permanently disabled with no relief in sight.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

Dr. Nelems is about the best doctor you can find anywhere. A true medical professional with full humanity qualities. After confirming I had lung cancer, he promptly ordered radiation treatment and operated on my lung in 1991. He was knowledgable, helpful, decisive, effective, well-mannered, and most of all, caring. He made me feel at ease at all times - from pre-surgery to post-surgery, over the span of several years (until he left Vancouver for Kelowna). I can never thank Dr. Nelems enough for what he did for me. Jonathan L.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Along with Andrew and Michael Bill is a wonderful caring, surgeon. A wonderful team to have in Kelowna. We are very fortunate.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

Dr. Bill Nelems's Credentials

Sask Health

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Nelems removed my right top lobe due to lung cancer.Over twenty years later,I still am able to do normal activities,this man is god to me,I believe he saved ..."

October 17, 2014