Ratings for Dr. Terry Wilson

He is a very inconsiderate man and he has no empathy for his patients. Retire!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

I've only seen this doctor once. He was accepting new patients. He rudely preached his rules and regularions. Told me I was there to see if he wanted to be my doc. He did tell me he would take me on. I refused, I would rather have no doctor than someone as rude as him.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Wilson, for 33 years. He is very thorough and knowledgable, and he talks to me both medically and personally. Yes, there are times when he gets serious, but he's trying to get the point across ('he tells it like it is, and doesn't beat around the bush'). He can also get the point across with a smile on his face! Sometimes he doesn't like a patient to use medications, suchas antibiotics, but he will write the prescription, and tell me to 'fill it' if I feel worse or the problem goes on too long. I don't go to see him, unless the 'problem', has bothered me for 7-10 days, so he knows I'm not a 'complainer' (it depends on the problem). I've never felt degraded by him, but I do know others who have, and have left him, or will be leaving him, but that was their situation with him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Dr. Wilson is the best doctor I have ever had! Always on time, even came to the house when I was unable to attend his office. When was the last time you heard of a doctor making a house call?! Would recommend him to anyone, hope he never retires.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2010

While it is easy to get an appointment Doctor Wilson never provides any helpful advice and refuses to refer to specialists.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Terry Wilson has been my Doctor for 25 years and I have found him to be attentive, helpful and caring. He also listens well and is very willing to recommend a specialist if he feels that it is necessary. I will be extremely disappointed when he retires. Also, his nurse, Pat, is fabulous. They are a great team.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2008

there is more than 1 Dr. Terry Wilson in Peterborough. One of them does need to retire! He hates to give out any drugs ever.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

This Dr. is a very compassionate man. I never have difficulty getting an appointment to see him. He refers me to specialists when necessary. He cares about me as a person, and even though he can be direct sometimes, I need that. He is always encouraging.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2007

Dr. Wilson is an excellent Physician who works hard and tries to help everyone that he sees. Anyone making bad comments about this Docyor should look in the mirror and think about what they have said

flag | Submitted July 8, 2007

Dr. Wilson has always been very professional and knowledgeable. He helped support our family in our son's recent cancer diagnosis and both he and staff were always asking how he was doing as he was looked after by oncologists and surgeons in Toronto.He was supportive and helpful with my own experience with mental health difficulties, being compassionate, offering any type of help and making suggestions. He was also open to prescribing meds suggested to me by another professional and stated he didn't know a lot about that particular drug but went to the reference with me to be sure it was what I needed. Very careful and compassionate regarding concerns I brought to him re: possible problems with ca, assuring me to always feel free to come and check these concerns with him and he would refer as needed (which he has done). Also very respectful of privacy, if anything almost too much but I am sure I could persist to gather any info I wanted.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2007