Dr. David W. Eisen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David W. Eisen

Dr Eisen is a real gem. Compassionate, personable, and knowledgeable. He has a lot of experience and it shows. He is truly the best doctor I've ever had and would recommend him to anyone looking for an OB. He exceeded all of my expectations during our appointments and during the delivery of my baby. Truly, he is an incredible person who takes great care when dealing with his patients. Thank you Dr. E!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Highly recommend him. I have been seen by him for 25 years. His knowledge is good, but then he will refer you immediately if he thinks something is wrong or out of his field and then follows up on it. Someone can not know everything but someone can know who to go to.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Dr. Eisen has been my doctor for over 20 years, and is now the Dr. of our two daughters as well (both of whom he delivered). He is an excellent doctor, always willing to listen to our issues no matter how busy his office is. He and his staff are absolutely phenomenal!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Love Dr Rosen, for over 14 year dr Eisen have been my doctor, deliver 3 of my kids, now it takes me an hour to drive , but it is worth while doing; he does not rush and listen closely to your complains; and always gets to the bottom of the situation. For me there isn't as much words to describe Dr, Eisen. Excellent work you do!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

My wife had vaginal bleeding for over a year. And dr Eisen sadly misdiagnosed her, refused to send her to a specialist because he believed he could handle it. We had to look for help elsewhere after the symptoms had her end up in an emergency room. finally we found our own gynaecologist and she was diagnosed with stage 3 cervical cancer. This is rare in Canada. Common in placed like Africa where early diagnosis is not done. Early diagnosis at stage 1 level - could have been done and should have been done given the intensity of her vaginal bleeding. Stage 1 cancer has a 95 or even 100 Percent cure rate. Now it has spread and my poor wife who put all her trust in dr eisin will have to take her third Round of chemo to battle this very much unecesary situation. She could not come to a bat mitzvah this weekend with myself and my two little girls because of her lung surgery and her health. The family and guests here knows dr eisen also. We are forgiving people but today it is hard to know if he had been skillful she would be here healthy young and happy Dr eisen claims to run a teaching practice. Be careful of him. Trust your instincts. He says his health charts will stand the test of time. But every other doctor we have spoken to about this says there was either gross negligence or he shouldn't be practicing medicine. When dr eisen did refer my wife to a specialist. It was 1.5 years after symptoms. The referal was not urgent so she got an appointment booked six months later and the specialist thought she was referred to for a new pregnancy. ???? Can you believe this? Perhaps his teaching practice takes priority over his patient practice. If his charts stand the test of time then his standard of care that he relies on is a very mediocre to low standard in a country that is suppose to have world class health care.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

have been going to Dr Eisen for over 20 years and he is an excellent doctor and extremely through.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Words cannot express how amazing Dr. Eisen is. I have a rare medical condition during pregnancy and this condition caused me to lose the baby last pregnancy. I vowed to never let that happen again. And so I visited Dr. Eisen. Dr. Eisen is extremely knowledgable about all the complications and treatments in regards to my condition. More importantly, he is compassionate. He cares about the patient and their well being and about bringing new life into this world. He is made for this profession and he is honestly an answer to my prayers. Dr. Eisen is an angel in disguise and God bless this man for the work he does and how he does it. I hope he enjoys all life has to give him as he is the greatest doctor I have ever met with the kindest heart.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Good do doctor. Good listener and very caring individuals

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I don't accept doctors advice without asking a lot of questions and Dr. Eisen ALWAYS delivers a rational and thorough answer and provides realistic alternative scenarios. He is extremely professional and puts patients needs first and staff is first rate. When friends tell me their horror stories about their family docs (and I hear lots of them), I am so relieved and happy that Dr. Eisen is my family doctor...couldn't ask for a better doc!!!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr. Eisen is amazing. In the short time that Ive gotten to know him he has been very kind, proactive, understanding and helpful over the past few months. He listens to my concerns and addresses them fully. If I were to have another child after my 1st is born (Which I highly doubt) I would definitely want him to be my OB. The staff at his practice are also very nice, respectful and pleasant. They treat me with love and make me feel welcomed whenever Im there for my appointments.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Dr. David W. Eisen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

David Eisen is a practicing family physician with active clinical and teaching interests in Obstetrics, Newborn Care and Women's Health. He has an academic practice in association with North York General Hospital and the University of Toronto. He teaches students from other programs including the Ryerson University Midwifery program. He chaired the Family Medicine Obstetrics Division at NYGH, and served on all of the Maternal Newborn committees there. He serves NYGH as Chief, Department of Family and Community Medicine. He has served the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario in several capacities. He is married with 3 children and enjoys playing drums, yoga and skiing.

• English

• McMaster (Grad. 1990)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 1992)

• University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine Excellence in Teaching