Dr. David W. Eisen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David W. Eisen

Dr. Eisen is the most wonderful, caring and intelligent Doctor, with a kind and gentle demeanor which makes you feel comfortable and taken care of. It made the experience as a first time mother much easier, everything was so relaxed and 'easy'. I was sad to say goodbye at my postpartum checkup. Thank you so much Dr. Eisen, and I hope to see you again some day!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2020

Dr.david eisen is a wonderful person and a great doctor. I'm so blessed and happy that he was delivered my two sons in 1998 and 2000. We love him a lot and wish him and his family all the best.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2019

No words can describe him! THE BEST! Dr. David was there for me from day one to my my "fake" delivery and to real one! Very knowledgeable! This is a doctor you can trust your and your future baby health! I would only come back to him and only him! He will be there for you to deliver a baby doesn't matter what time of the day it is, his clinic just across the the hospital! I had my baby 5 years ago, and I keep referring all my friends to him!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2019

I only saw him once as a substitute doctor. But I had to say he was fantastic! So nice and knowledgeable. I get uncomfortable with male doctors from past bad experiences, but not uncomfortable at all with Dr. Risen.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2019

I can not say enough good things about Dr David Eisen. He delivered both of my babies and I couldn't have had a better experience both times. There's definitely nobody else that I would ever go to if I was to get pregnant again. We moved to Barrie half way through my pregnancy but i still stayed with dr Eisen

Submitted September 5, 2019

Dr. Eisen is so professional, caring and knowledgeable. He handled and delivered my second child and my experience with him compared to another OB I had at Mount Sinai was night and day. I wish he were my family doctor but unfortunately he’s not accepting new patients. I highly recommend him, and hope he never retires! We need more dr’s like you.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2019

Would never change Doctors! Knowlegable and willing to discuss with his patients!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2019

He's been my doctor since birth and has helped me so much when i desperately needed it

flag | Submitted April 8, 2019

Dr. Eisen is the best. I have seen him for over 20 years, and he always has time for you, listens, and provide great advice. his staff is also great! Nurse Clinician, Erika is amazing...

flag | Submitted April 7, 2019

I would highly recommend Dr. Eisen. He is absolutely amazing doctor: very knowledgeable, professional, caring, compassionate, great personality (and with great sense of humor :).  He helped me through my two pregnancies and both times safely delivered my babies.  Thank you Dr. Eisen for being the best doctor ever!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2018

Dr. David W. Eisen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

David Eisen is a practicing family physician with active clinical and teaching interests in Obstetrics, Newborn Care and Women's Health. He has an academic practice in association with North York General Hospital and the University of Toronto. He teaches students from other programs including the Ryerson University Midwifery program. He chaired the Family Medicine Obstetrics Division at NYGH, and served on all of the Maternal Newborn committees there. He serves NYGH as Chief, Department of Family and Community Medicine. He has served the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario in several capacities. He is married with 3 children and enjoys playing drums, yoga and skiing.

• English

• McMaster (Grad. 1990)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 1992)

• University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine Excellence in Teaching