Ratings for Dr. Gerald Isenberg

Dr. Use berg did not diagnose my Lymphoma till the third visit. Kept telling him I was losing weight. Think he should retire.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Isenberg for about 3 years. In that time, he has demonstrated the highest degree of knowledge and professionalism. He is a very intuitive doctor. His wait times aren't always on schedule, his wife can be crusty at times, but if you're really sick or need a specialists referral or a urgent test scheduled without any BS, Doreen will make it happen. She does the work of 3 people in this practice and does it quite effectively. Anyone critical of your visits to see Dr. Isenberg should just get over yourselves, lose a few lbs and be grateful we have first class healthcare courtesy of the Isenbergs.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr Isenberg is the GP for my parents & I have gone to several appointments with them firstly aside from being very late (it happens) his wife aka the receptionist is very rude, actually made my mother cry by yelling at her for asking a simple question and is so unprofessional as she's loudly talking about other patients personal matters in the office. Dr Isenberg I feel does not listen or appreciate the concerns of my parents he also dismissed an got angry with me for suggesting a specialist on Toronto who was not his personable friend that he wanted to send my parents to but another colleague . While I know Dr Isenberg is knowledgable his unorganized office, his rude loud and inappropriate wife/receptionist and his lack on concern makes this place unwelcoming

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I have been with Dr. Isenberg for most of my life. As one other patient put it, I was the generation of his 'clinic babies' and am happy to have been so. Yes - he is notoriously late and the clinic could definitely use a facelift and space expansion but given the area, that is not possible. I have never had any issue with his diagnosis and if I was not 100% confident and asked could he send me for referral for more complicated issues - he obliged and Mrs. Isenberg got me in asap. They have called me late with results when there were concerns when I could have waited until the next day. Yes - they have started to take more time away from the office which is not always convenient for the patients but at this time, it is well deserved. Not many people can walk into a clinic where your doctor knows your medical case inside and out.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I've known Dr. Isenberg about 25 years. One thing I really like is that he's non-interventionist when it comes to drugs. He really only likes to prescribe drugs when there's no alternative and he's reviewed all the tests. He is soft-spoken and very considerate. As for his receptionist, Mrs. Isenberg, don't get me wrong. I'm very fond of her. But lately she's really deteriorated and is easily upset. Mrs. Isenberg always went the extra mile for me, setting up appointments with specialists, etc. But her attitude towards patients has become unprofessional and short-tempered. I needed a pre-op exam for an urgent operation and she told me that other patients are dying, and the doctor has no time to see me. All I can say is, "Chill out, Ms. Isenberg."

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I work in healthcare and by far Dr. Isenberg is one of the kindest, considerate and competent M.D's I know. Always willing to go that extra mile to provide exceptional service! Mrs I is a caring, pleasant woman and strong patient advocate. She can always be counted on. The two make an amazing team! I still fly back to Canada (from the California!) to see them they are that amazing!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Although she has never been rude to me, his wife/receptionist is abrupt to many and is overly loud and authoritarian when giving instructions. The doctor is never on time. Even if I have an early morning appointment (like 9:30), he will already be 20 to 30 minutes behind. The carpet and upholstered furniture in the waiting room are filthy. The doctor is not very forthcoming with information about your own health and when you ask questions he acts condescendingly like you should have known the answer. He is very cautious in diagnosis and doesn't explain the route he is going to take to arrive at one. However, when he has diagnosed a concern, he seems to have a lot of medical connections to get appointments with specialists. His wife is very insistent on the phone when talking to other receptionists about getting an appointment. The overall experience is average at best. One can do better.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

My dr's on long-term leave % Dr. Isenberg is supposed to cover for him. Called Isenberg's wife and started..."Hi, I'm a patient of..." Her response: "Yeah, yean yaah. I've got another patient I'm speaking to. You're gonna have to hold" I held...1/2 hour and couldn't wait anymore. What an out-of-control, rude, banshee. No wonder her dr. husband is in decline. Thumbs down.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Well lets start with his very rude wife who ruins every visit I attend you book an appointment for 6 you go in at 7 if your lucky than you have to sit in the waiting room closet and listen to his very loud and rude wife talk about everyone's business on the phone.you have to go see him every time for a simple prescription renewal wait an hour or so for a 3 minute visit and scam the taxpayers for a full charge visit. Doreen thinks you owns the whole building spending time worrying about everything except the people that she should put her energy into worrying about. there is never a greeting when you walk in your never sure if she knows your there because she to busy sticking her nose into stuff that does not concern her. instead of looking for ways to clean up the mess in her own office. to end i personally feel very sorry for the doctor has he has no way to escape her squawking day in and day out i don't have any idea how you do it god bless you my friend.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

Dr Isenberg is not a good doctor anymore...he speaks so quickly that you cant understand what he is saying. His wife is very loud and can be rude when it suits her, or she talks like she knows everything. People make comments on here that they have been a patient for so many years they have no other Dr to compare him with so how do they know he is a good Dr. They should find out how many patients he let die because of his lack of knowledge and reviewing test results. Well I know of at least 5 patience he did not take of well enough and they ended up passing away due to their illness that he did not treat properly or catch at the early stages....very poor doctor and needs to retire. He also has way too many patients.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010