Ratings for Dr. John Heath

I was recently told by Dr. Heath my heart was fine, just lose a few pounds. Subsequently I had life saving triple by-pass surgery in another city. He should not be treating heart patients period.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010

Mis-diagnosed my condition totally. Said my heart was fine ( "as good as his") 5 months later I had open heart surgery by another specialist - oopps. Not good - eh! Should I warn him he better go see another doctor for a check-up ?

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010

My husband and I have always found him to be competent. He is not given to small talk but occassionally shows glimpses of a sense of humour. We have never felt rush with him and think Campbell RIver is lucky to have someone of his caliber.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010

My husband and I are both patients of Dr.Heaths and he is great.He takes the time to explain everything, we are never rushed and he has been very helpful in both our cases.We are extremely lucky to have a Doctor with his credentials right here in town.Can't say enough good about him.!! Mr. and Mrs. Len Petersen

flag | Submitted November 30, 2009

Seems knowledgeable but is not very personable.If you can get beyond being intimidated by his demeanor, he seems to be a good doctor and does a good job of advising other specialists of your condition.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

has no bedside manner does not tell you anything he's from the old school,still thinks that dr.s are GOD !!!NOT!! don't think my husband will go back to him.we will find another dr. in the future.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

I find doctor Heath has no eye contact, does not like tattoos...does not know his patients after ten years...wrong information in his files on me...not concerned enough of the errors....does no follow ups...did not make me feel assured, nor safe...does seem knowable but lacks communication skills...

flag | Submitted September 21, 2007

After a major M/I, I was tended by Dr Heath for a year. He told me that I was fine, even though I complained of regular chest pains. I went to see another specialist that did an angiogram and found a 3 inch blockage in an artery and I required an angioplasty immediately. I had been under serious risk the entire time I was tended by Dr John Heath. He does not listen.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2007

Arrogant,doesn't listen to what you are saying and doesn't answer questions. The info in my file was not correct. The nurses say he is very knowledgable, but his manner negates that.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2007

A community the size of Campbell River is very fortunate to have a specialist with the skills and abilities of Dr. John Heath. He is thorough and does not hesitate to inform his patients of their status and progress. He also does not hesitate to refer his patients (me) when more specialized treatment is required. He is will known in his profession for his research.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007