Ratings for Dr. Toni Winder

Excellent doctor. Very knowledgeable, quick witted, and professional. Read the negative comments before seeing Dr. Winder and found NONE of them to be true. He was very thorough in his examination of my son. He ordered an EEG and MRI to confirm his initial diagnosis. The medication he prescribed has been life changing and whenever there were problems as the dosage was refined he was quick to take our appointments. He always explained the details of the diagnosis, test results, and effects of the medication. No, we did not have casual conversations about my new patio furniture. If you want a friend, get a councilor. If you want a knowledgeable professional, see Dr. Winder. I am upset with the trolls who leave such awful anonymous reviews. The only thing I can complain about is that we always wait a while in the waiting room; probably because he is being thorough in his examinations and careful in his explanations with the patients before us. I cannot fault him for that at all.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2018

Awesome doctor, very knowledgeable and thorough, great sense of humour, would recommend him to anyone!! Thanks a million😊😊

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

I waited almost a year to see this Doctor. Worst experience of my life! Incorrectly diagnosed, medications he prescribed made me ill. When I showed him the effects from the medication he sent me away, told me to come back when I was better....I never returned and after explaining this to my family doctor I was referred to another specialist.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2018

Not sure why people have such a terrible experience here... I came for medical help and felt that I received just that. Dr. Winder is not here to be a therapist, and rather a doctor. He listens to your concerns and provides the honest truth about a possible diagnosis. When talking about my brain I would rather have the blunt truth (which might be a hard pill to swallow or come across in a negative light) instead of a smoothed over answer thats less scary. I was referred to Dr. Winder for a lingering concussion and he provided me with lots of knowledge as to what was happening and what I can expect in the future. Some of the stuff he told me wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear, but needed to hear. Often we wish that a pill could just fix it, however unfortunately when dealing with the brain, medications aren't always the answer and often most healing is done through life choices. I always found the receptionist helpful and polite. Make sure to arrive to your appointment on time and treat the receptionist with respect!! You'll receive that in return. Dr. Winder has always been there to help me out whether I have questions about my symptoms, or need a doctors note for school. I have been very happy with my care here and would encourage people to have more of an open mind when seeing Dr. Winder.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

Terrible doctor. He was extremely rude and condisending. He seemed to intentionally put things in a negative light without reason. I was waiting on EEG results which he told be we're certain to come back irregular and that I would have seazures the rest of my life. He was wrong on both accounts.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

He was very unhelpful and dismissive. He did not seem interested in addressing our concerns and seemed to mostly want us to leave. He was condescending and spoke to me and my partner like we are idiots. Not only that he sent us for testing, then we had to wait three months for him to talk about the results which in turn offered us no solutions or information. As well his receptionist was snooty and made us (me) feel like we were not worth the doctors time by her unwelcoming tone and impatient attitude on the phone. In general I would not recommend this doctor or his services.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

Terrible doctor. It's like he was trying to make me worry. No bedside manner at all. What a terrible person.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

After reading so many negative comments, I was worried about going for this first appointment. My fears were unfounded. Dr winder took me seriously and actually examined me twice! This Dr is not anywhere near as horrible as these reviews state. He treated me kindly and listened to my concerns.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

My dad was referred to see him after a possible stroke so I took him to his appointment. They never once checked my dad's blood pressure but had a prescription for blood pressure medication ready to go. When I questioned it, saying that my dad typically has low blood pressure, he blew me off and told him to take it anyway. After a few weeks on half the dose, my dad's blood pressure dropped too low and I told him to stop taking the pills. On the follow up visit, Dr. Winder yelled at him and told him he would be dead within 3 months because he stopped taking the pills...good thing I wasn't with him at that appointment! Thoroughly unimpressed with this doctor and wonder how he even still has patients being referred to him.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

Worst Dr I've ever been to. Dismissive, condescending, arrogant. I was going blind when I'd stand, and was having headaches so bad I could barely function, told me it was all in my head. Left crying. Dr in Calgary instantly diagnosed Pseudotumor cerebri. Spinal tap showed the pressure in my brain was the second worst they'd ever seen, and the pressure in my brain was so bad it permanently damaged my eyes. This man should not be practicing medicine. I'm shocked he hasn't lost his licence. Why do other doctors even refer patients to him??

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018