Ratings for Dr. Toni Winder

After reading so many negative comments, I was worried about going for this first appointment. My fears were unfounded. Dr winder took me seriously and actually examined me twice! This Dr is not anywhere near as horrible as these reviews state. He treated me kindly and listened to my concerns.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

My dad was referred to see him after a possible stroke so I took him to his appointment. They never once checked my dad's blood pressure but had a prescription for blood pressure medication ready to go. When I questioned it, saying that my dad typically has low blood pressure, he blew me off and told him to take it anyway. After a few weeks on half the dose, my dad's blood pressure dropped too low and I told him to stop taking the pills. On the follow up visit, Dr. Winder yelled at him and told him he would be dead within 3 months because he stopped taking the pills...good thing I wasn't with him at that appointment! Thoroughly unimpressed with this doctor and wonder how he even still has patients being referred to him.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

Worst Dr I've ever been to. Dismissive, condescending, arrogant. I was going blind when I'd stand, and was having headaches so bad I could barely function, told me it was all in my head. Left crying. Dr in Calgary instantly diagnosed Pseudotumor cerebri. Spinal tap showed the pressure in my brain was the second worst they'd ever seen, and the pressure in my brain was so bad it permanently damaged my eyes. This man should not be practicing medicine. I'm shocked he hasn't lost his licence. Why do other doctors even refer patients to him??

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

My husband saw Dr. Winder several years ago in regards to seizures that were very out of the ordinary. We waited for three months to see him. My husband is indigenous, Dr. Winder spent less than two minutes with him and told him he had an alcohol withdrawal seizure. I found him not only extremely racist, but also very arrogant and ignorant. It turns out his seizures had nothing to do with alcohol (surprise, surprise!!), they were as a result of a brain injury (a small bleed resulting from a head injury). DO NOT GIVE THIS IDIOT ONE SECOND OF YOUR TIME!!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Not a good experience. I never knock other health professionals as I currently am one myself, but the other reviews regarding potential for arrogance and lack of care were altogether true in my case. I found that he wasn't very evidenced based. I prepared very well for my appointment and came early and he invited me in 45 minutes after my appointment time. He spoke to me trying to make me feel stupid and wrong although I had the evidence to the contrary in front of me. For your own sake avoid this doctor and go to Calgary, save your time, and frustration. It is true that he doesn't listen, I would explain something and then he would ask about history regarding what I had just told him, it was all I could do to say "well it hasn't changed in the last 5 seconds" but I just said the same thing again. To clarify that, it wasn't that he was asking to clarify what I had said, he was asking for the same information as if he had never received the information in the beginning.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

I took my wife, possible dementia, the test he had her do made her feel stupid, inadequate and affraid. She was so upset. Felt the appointment was rushed.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

I left crying....leave at that. Not a good doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Waste of Time, he did not care. He just wanted to get through his patients so he could go home. He was on his phone several times during my appointment. I left very upset and feeling worthless. Please don't waste your time seeing this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Try to avoid this man. Doesn't listen. Arrogant. Because of that, having dealt with a few neurologists, I would say he is the one that I would trust the least to properly diagnose a condition. Go to Calgary instead, if you can.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I haven't seen the doctor yet but his receptionist should be fired...she is so rude... This is a neurologists office not a tire shop....she was like we are busy what do you want,then left me hanging in phone for 15 minutes to reschedule...can't handle busy workplace ,find a job in the morgue...

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017