Dr. Darren Drosdowech

Ratings for Dr. Darren Drosdowech

I had Dr.Drosdewich help me after many doctor's couldn't help or figure out what to do with me. I had a few posterior dislocations , the last being out of socket for 4 days.. saw him and he was great.. very knowledgeable and informative. this was my first ever surgery and was nervous.. had a long, major surgery and ended up in an arm immobilizer for 2 months.. post op he explained what he did and I was in awe.. feel great.. can't play baseball anymore but I also don't feel like my left shoulder is constantly going to pop out either.. strength is very good, mobility about 75%.. surgery was 5 years ago.. noticing a lot of pain recently but I was advised I could develop arthritis and may notice pain from build up of scar tissue.. advised I may have to have a surgery in the future to possibly clean up any issues.. him and staff were amazing.. would gladly let him do work on me again and would recommend him instantly.. great doctor..

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr Drosdowech performed a reverse shoulder replacement on me in Feb 2016. My shoulder was a mess and he was really my last resort. What a great last resort he is. I have had for the most part an incredible recovery. He is a very caring doctor and will make sure his patient has the best possible outcome. I was told he the best in Canada for the type of surgeon he is. He is totally worth any wait you have to see him. I can not say enough about his assistant Tara as well. She makes you feel like you are her friend and that she actually cares. Dr. Drosdowech thank you for ending my almost 6 years of chronic pain I have and will continue to recommend you to anyone I know who needs shoulder surgery. Thanks so much - AW

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

I had both shoulders replaced by Dr. Drosdowech within a year. My results are amazing. I am pain free now after years of chronic pain in both my shoulders with much improved range of motion. He is a very caring, thorough doctor who spends the time you need during pre and post op appointments. His secretary is amazing! What a great team.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

After six shoulder speacialist that I saw in five months and all of them advised me that they couldn't do anything for my shoulder . I finally was referred to Dr. Drosdowech and within a six weeks I had an appointment , they did their own x-rays at St. Joseph Hosiptal and after reviewing the x-rays he advised me that he will perform reconstruction on my left shoulder and the chronic pain that I had for the past one year after the first surgery was done will be gone. He performed the reconstructed surgery , the chronic was gone . Thank you Dr. Drosdowech and your team and Tara.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

DR DROSDOWECH performed to surgeries on my shoulder in the last two years. Going in I was nervous and unsure about the possibilities post-op. Needless to say I can now perform without pain and now enjoy uninterrupted sleep.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr. Drosdowech preformed a reverse total shoulder arthroplasty and I am so grateful . For the first time in years I am pain free. I had to wait six months to get in to see him but well worth the wait. And yes, there is a long wait, sometimes, when coming back for appointments but the clinic in general seems very busy which says something about the caliber of doctors here. Tara, his assistant was so helpful, kind and caring. She even returned phone calls promptly and gave me pep talks. All in all I am very happy with my experience with this doctor and his beautiful staff. Thank you.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

I saw Dr. D after no one locally could help. Takes us 4 hours to get to him and Tara, but am so very glad that he took me on as a patient. I had a total reverse shoulder replacement, and though there are things I can't do......there's plenty that I can.so, through myself adjusting and the excellent care I received kings are much better than they were. I can't say enough positive, or enough thank yous.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Shoulder injuries time after time with lots of scar tissue. Ripped my rotator severely playing hockey October 2012. Darren must be busy for good reasons as had to wait nine months to see him. Operated on in OCtober. Now over 6 months past surgery. Slow recovery but no pain..just regular stiffness. Darrens' assistant (whose name escapes me) is knowledgeable as well concerning post surgery advice. And Tara is just fantastic as well as easy on the eyes. Won't find a better assistant anywhere. I recommend Darren and would return if I had to for other work but hope I don't see him again at the hospital!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

I needed shoulder surgery and no one in Peterborough does shoulders anymore. My knee/hip replacement doctor asked "Do you care where you go to get it done?" I said "No." I was referred to Dr. Drosdowech in London, an almost 4 hour drive one way. Tara, his right hand angel, took into account the distance I had to travel and made appointments accordingly. The 1st shoulder was replaced July 30/12. The 2nd one February 6/13. Both surgeries turned out great. I am totally pain free for the first time in years. I still get a thrill when I reach up to turn on the ceiling fan or for an item in the cupboard above my fridge. Dr. Drosdowech did not rush me through appointments and took the time to answer all questions. The disease that has taken out both knees, one hip and 2 shoulders is now in my ankle and Dr. Drosdowech has said he will recommend someone when the time comes. If the ankle guy is as talented as Dr. Drosdowech I will have no problems I'm sure.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

This Doctor is tops in his field and has other orthapedic surgeons reccomending his skills. His staff is taking their lead from him and are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I would consider the hospital he works out of to be one of the best in the country. My experience with this doctor and hospital have been exeptional from my first phone call to the present. I have another shoulder to be reparied and will go to no other doctor and hospital.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012