Ratings for Dr. S. T. Petrlich

Unsympathetic. Telling a senior that has had numerous surgeries and severe arthritis through their body that their pain threshold is low so he isn’t able to help. Also refused to do further testing because tests have been already performed over half a decade ago. If you’re looking for a caring person, run for the hills away from this man.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2018

I love him as a doctor. He doesn’t sugar coat for you. He is excellent at putting you at ease.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2018

Dr. Petrlich is always on time and if I'm late more than 5 minutes, he gets cross, so I guess that's why is appointments are on time! He is a good all-round family physician but doesn't spend any time holding your hand or talking unnecessarily. His follow-up system is excellent. His staff are very pleasant as well.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

His staff is great and he is very punctual - no waiting. His office is run well but as a physician, I would not recommend him. He appears uncaring and unwilling to work with the patients to find any resolve other than medications, which he pushes. His bedside manner has declined through the years and he is becoming more like his partner Dr. Steer, condescending and impatient.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Most of my family goes to him and i have been going since Dr Oosterhuis was with Dr Steer since 1977. He is great! Great with my 11 year old as well. Funny, kind, professional and just an all around good person and Dr. I love his office staff as well. They always help to accommodate and appt and they are smiling and happy people He is always on time and never more then a few mins waiting.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Have had Dr. Petrlich as our family practitioner for over a decade. His staff is professional and friendly, but they run a tight ship! (Which, as a busy professional, I appreciate!) Appointments are always on time, never having to wait more than 10 minutes to get in and see him. He does seem a bit rushed in his bedside manner, but is friendly and good with the kids. He's quick but thorough and we've come to expect that anything 'complicated' will get an immediate referral to a specialist. He doesn't attempt to treat complications himself and is honest with the limits of his ability as a family practitioner to diagnose symptoms that are better treated by a specialist. However, my one complaint is that he's perhaps too quick to refer sometimes and we've been to see a couple specialists for no good reason. As a result, we've learned to initiate follow-up questions in appointments to understand why he deems a referral necessary. Other than this complaint, we find him a competent and pleasant doctor and are happy with his practice.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Petrilich has a terrible bedside manner and does not endeavour to help his patients get better. He is only interested in handing out medication and giving referrals. Unless you want a referral... he once told me I should be able to find a practitioner on my own. He also once gave me pain medication (a narcotic) after I repeatedly expressed that I did not want it. He also once gave me a flu shot prior to securing my consent. Dr. Petrilich is an excellent representation of exactly what is wrong with our medical system in general: patronizing instead of client centred; treats symptoms with drugs and medical intervention instead of prioritizing non-invasive, holistic or lifestyle related approaches; condescending and sarcastic instead of teaching and caring. If anyone looking for a family doctor has the opportunity to go elsewhere - do yourself a favour and take it.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

In my experience the staff is rude and unpleasant and the Dr is rude and abrupt!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Doctor always seems rushed and tends to refer to other doctors very often. Doesn't seem to take the time to get to the "heart" of the issue. We are searching for a new doctor!!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

Keeps his appointments on-time and as an equally busy professional I appreciate that. Always been honest, pleasant and knowledgeable about my issues during visits. I'd highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010