Ratings for Dr. Z.E. Polack

I have had this doctor for 35 years and all medical issues have been successfully addredsed

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Dr. Polack has been my doctor for over 35 years. I believe, I may have been one of his very first patients in his practice. He amazes me, how he always has time to discuss questions and concerns. I have never had a doctor who is willing to see you at home, in his office after hours and weekends, when you have a problem or concern. He truly is the best. He has looked after EVERY member of my extended and immediate family. No one works harder them him. It will be a sad day when he retires.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

I went to him because I had lumps on my cervix. He actually LAUGHED and said that I couldn't possibly know where my cervix was! I assured him, as a woman, I know very well where my cervix is and I noted a change and wanted it checked out. He seemed overly concerned with how I discovered the lumps, and refused to even do a pap smear! He said the lumps were probably caused during rough sex (!)but when I insisted on a pelvic exam, he did it grudgingly as if I was wasting his time. He then did a pap and I heard nothing more. I switched doctors at this point, as I felt him to be rude and condescending towards me because I was a young woman. My new doctor repeated the pap, did notice some abnormal cells and recommended keeping a close eye with paps every 6 months. I ended up with a total hysterectomy at age 32 (pre cancer cells, possibly from HPV?). Anyway, good thing I switched to a more female-issue-friendly doctor who addressed my concerns rather than laughing at me!

Submitted July 7, 2010

Dr. Polack is an excellent GP. He is knowledgeable, courteous and open to referals when a specialist is required. His staff are rude and seem to work very limited hours.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

One of the best family physicians in Edmonton. I have been seeing him since I was a teen. As a health professional myself I have not come across a more dedicated caring physician. My family will be sad when he decides to retire!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2008

Dr. Polack was our Doctor for 34 years, we have now moved to Vancouver Island and can not find such a caring and compationate doctor here..it will be a sad day the day he retires...wish we could move him here to the Island

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008

Dr. Polack was my & my kids physician many years ago when we lived in Edmonton. He is the best of the best, a caring & knowledgeable doctor. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2008

Dr. Polack has been my doctor for 30 plus years and in my opinion there is none better. He is very knowledgeable and personable.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

An excellent, conscientious and dedicated no nonsense Family Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2007

He is as good a doctor as you will ever find. He spends more time with his patients than he gets paid for because he refuses to do anything less than a complete job. He will always fit you in for emergency appointments and has even made house and hospital calls for family members of mine. Even after practicing for over 30 years he still does not cut corners.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2007