Ratings for Dr. Antonio Belda

After 20 years of going from one specialist to another. Dr .Belda correctly diagnosed my wife's extreme outbreaks of hives in one visit. He explained everything to us, provided a specific diet fir my wife's. Follow-up app, to-day after the initial visit 6 months ago. Her outbreak of hives had dismissive to only 1 or 2 episodes. Our appointment was at 11:00 he saw us at 10:45.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

i mean, he's the only guy available in the Quinte area. his staff is nice enough. you do get tested for specific proteins requested ...but he really doesn't explain the results in any detail , hands you a script for an epipen and sends you on your way. You feel in the dark...

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Dr. Belda...if you have an appointment with this guy phone your GP and get a booking with someone else. Wait time = one hour!!! With an anxious child that can be an eternity. Nurse does all the work. Dr. Belda came in and out of the office 3 times. The last time, he handed me a piece of paper and tells me to read this over and off he went. Are you kidding me!!!! Not once did HE ASK ME A QUESTION. Run quick!!!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

Could've done the test at local hospital with a regular nurse who then could've sent th result to Mr. Belda. He was hardly a person to call doctor. He didn't explain anything nor did he feel the need to meet us. What happened is Belda ordered his nurse to do the test. She completed the prick test and waited for the results and took off to hand it straigh to Belda. Belda came back into the room, for not more than a second, to hand me know paper printed off from work Internet explaining what I MIGHT BE diagnosed with. He was very sarcastic talking while walking away. Also, this was a 5 hour drive to go see him when a general practitioner gave me more answers and already stated what I most likely had. But to summarize, I still don't know what's happening nor do I know how to prevent another reaction.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2015

I am a nurse in Thunder Bay where doctor Belda has a clinic. He was able to identify my problem of anaphylaxis which only happened when I Excercise after eating foods I was allergic. Nobody could figure out my problem. Now I can continue with my normal life without any fears. Very smart.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I recently came from a follow-up with him, regarding my 2 yr old son's allergies. He didn't understand why I was there, even though I had explained last year HE SAID my son needed to be tested yearly and that he wanted him tested for more common food allergens. He walked in with the skin prick test in hand, didn't even have a conversation with me - just told me I was going to have tohold my son' arm. After he finished pricking his arm, he left. He came back, read the reactions, told me that he was still allergic to fish, and milk and gave me a pamphlet about food allergies which I have already been given 3 other times! He was rude, condescending, brushed off any questions or conversation I tried to have with him, did NOT test him for any other food allergens, did not even SPEAK to my son, and got me in and out as fast as he could. NEVER going back to him, HUGE huge huggggeee waste of our time! Getting our pediatrician to refer us to a different allergist. What a jerk.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

My daughter was sent to see Dr. Belda for a suspected peanut allergy. She was almost 3 when we got in for testing. He did the skin prick test on her arm, and left the room. When he returned she was still whining and upset about her arm, I didn't need him to tell me it was positive, it was red, itchy & definitely had a welt where the peanut test had been done. He came in and sad are you still upset about that? In a rude tone to my three year old. Then he proceeded to say yep she is very allergic to peanuts, do you have an epipen, which I said yes (thanks to my family doctor), then he handed me some pamphlets and walked out the door. Feeling like I needed more questions answered in how to deal with this life threatening allergies. I called the office once I got home and asked for an appt to answer my questions. I went without my child so I could focus, Dr. Belda stood at the door the entire time, was condescending in his tone and rushed me out the door. I got a new referral after this.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Abrupt and rude. Dr Belda gave me an epi penn but told me nothing about my allergy.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2013

I waited forever. I finally got in and he didn't seemed focused on me the patient. He gave me the skin test and left the room while the reactions were taking place from the test and He gave me a bunch of papers and showed me things to buy that would help (thanks could have gotten that from Google). I come back to see him because I am having weird side affects from the nasal spray he gave me and I tell him my symptoms and he tells me that I am using it wrong. I read the instructions and I am pretty sure I am capable of keep the bottle straight and spraying it in my nose. Worst bed side manner. After the second visit I asked for a referal to a different allergist. He was rude, condesending, impatient, wasn't focused on the patient. Who would want a doctor that doesn't pay attention to you and speaks to you like you are a moron. Not me.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

My family doctor send a referal in in febuary, and i was just notified in october, that i had an appointment in December!! 11 monthes later!When i called to confirm the appt that very rude receptionist left on my voicemail, they had completey changed the date time and acted as though i was the stupid one for having the wrong day!Dr. Belda was great however i will never return to his practise until he gets some receptionsists that learn to be polite. If you dont like your job, dont do it and allow someone who will enjoy it and be kind to the pts. i work in medical admin, i know how stressfull it is, but if you cant hack it...get out and stop causing Dr. Beldas practice to suffer!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010