Ratings for Dr. Frederick Strauss

I have found he is more interested in his own stories than what is going on with you!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Dr Strauss has been my Dr for 4 years now. He's great! I feel confident that he has and always will take great care of me. I agree with the previous rating that his receptionist is not the best. I think Nancy is greatly missed. Terry is wonderful.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

I have to wonder why Dr Strauss hired the new receptionist at the front,she has next to nothing as far as being caring and very cold attitude towards the patients that want to see Dr Strauss, I wish Nancy was back in the office

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

saw him in red deer a few times polite ,knowledgeable willing to listen. Please come back

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

I had a very unpleasant experience with a lady who works up front. The desk furthest away from the entrance door. The doctor was great and helpful. He was a replacement for Strauss and asked me to go to the front and have them put Strauss stamp on my form because he was the physician I attended with my injury months ago. It was a form for mortgage insurance. I went up front, asked her if she could stamp it for me with Strauss stamp. I was polite. She then said thats not who I saw and put the replacement doctors stamp on my form. And then asked me for 30$. She went against what the Doctor told me to do. And ultimately against what the form was asking! Who I was attending at the time of the injury! When I explained to her it was a sheet I should have filled out myself and will not pay 30$ she was rude and directed me to another room to talk to another lady. Who I explained thr situation to. She told me they may contact me because its not the family doctor I had listed. She looked at the gorm and asked me to leave with no charge. I am disappointed with this visit. Rude and very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I just have to wonder why some of these comments are so hard to fathom, I'm sure if Fred Strauss could explain his side of the story we would all have a new point of view, 10yrs ago this man saved my life by yelling into phones and pissing off leading doctors in Vancouver, Fred got the end results that allowed me to see more grandchildren, my sons wedding, and my wifes laughter I thank you all the time Fred and I will thank you on this site........CP

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Strauss is helpful, quick, never late, and very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

After going to emergency many times and the doctors at emergency sharing to get more tests done and to talk to 'your' doctor. This doctor did not do any tests after asking at various appmts-only T3's and Antibiotics were given for CANCER. My best friend and lover is now on the other side because he was not listened to. If they don't listen, get another doctor! It will save your life.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Strauss pushed us out the door every time we were there and provided very little guidance and assistance. He was quick to try to get you to go to Vancouver for unnecessary treatment without discussing all options that were available. We switched doctors over a year ago for our family and was the best move we ever made. Not easy to change doctors in Smithers although so be patient.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr. Strauss was awesome during my pregnancy. I could come see him whenever I wanted, he listened to all my concerns. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016