Ratings for Dr. Frederick Strauss

I had a very unpleasant experience with a lady who works up front. The desk furthest away from the entrance door. The doctor was great and helpful. He was a replacement for Strauss and asked me to go to the front and have them put Strauss stamp on my form because he was the physician I attended with my injury months ago. It was a form for mortgage insurance. I went up front, asked her if she could stamp it for me with Strauss stamp. I was polite. She then said thats not who I saw and put the replacement doctors stamp on my form. And then asked me for 30$. She went against what the Doctor told me to do. And ultimately against what the form was asking! Who I was attending at the time of the injury! When I explained to her it was a sheet I should have filled out myself and will not pay 30$ she was rude and directed me to another room to talk to another lady. Who I explained thr situation to. She told me they may contact me because its not the family doctor I had listed. She looked at the gorm and asked me to leave with no charge. I am disappointed with this visit. Rude and very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I just have to wonder why some of these comments are so hard to fathom, I'm sure if Fred Strauss could explain his side of the story we would all have a new point of view, 10yrs ago this man saved my life by yelling into phones and pissing off leading doctors in Vancouver, Fred got the end results that allowed me to see more grandchildren, my sons wedding, and my wifes laughter I thank you all the time Fred and I will thank you on this site........CP

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Strauss is helpful, quick, never late, and very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

After going to emergency many times and the doctors at emergency sharing to get more tests done and to talk to 'your' doctor. This doctor did not do any tests after asking at various appmts-only T3's and Antibiotics were given for CANCER. My best friend and lover is now on the other side because he was not listened to. If they don't listen, get another doctor! It will save your life.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Strauss pushed us out the door every time we were there and provided very little guidance and assistance. He was quick to try to get you to go to Vancouver for unnecessary treatment without discussing all options that were available. We switched doctors over a year ago for our family and was the best move we ever made. Not easy to change doctors in Smithers although so be patient.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr. Strauss was awesome during my pregnancy. I could come see him whenever I wanted, he listened to all my concerns. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

In the late '90's, in Kelowna my Mom was diagnosed with stage four kidney failure. Stage five is complete shutdown. After moving back to Smithers, her ankles and legs started swelling working up to her torso so that she could barely get her jeans on. Like the comments before she was reassured and given medication. Her condition worsened and she went to emergency, the doctor there sent her to the renal clinic in Prince George the next day, to get her on hemodialysis asap. Because this condition was left so long that it lead to a many other problems. Dr Strauss was incompetent in my mother's case. We have moved on to another Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

I have seen dr Strauss for the last 10 years and he is an AMAZING dr he gets shi$t done pardon my French I love him and my family lost their family dr and dr Strauss was only too happy to help us out thank you for your great service

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Very much a pill pusher! I called about my son having an accident out of town and that we were supposed to contact our family doctor to have his information sent to him. When I did I got "what do you want us to do" Umm be a doctor!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Strauss for over six years due to basically the lack of accepting doctors in the north. I was misdiagnosed for over a year even though I knew there was something seriously wrong with me. I spent weeks to months in the hospital just to be discharged by Strauss then told " keep the beds for real sick people". A few days later I was rushed to Prince George in the middle of the night and was diagnosed with two life altering diagnosis. Not only do I find him rude, he has the bedside manner of a pompous arrogant sexually inappropriate man. He is always willing to prescribe pills, which I then go to fill to find out they could have had serious consequences , even death ! He asks you what is wrong, looks in his ancient book , and finds anything that matches. He is honestly the worst Dr I have ever had and he almost made me lose my life. Thank god for real caring doctors out there, he needs to retire as he is unprofessional with sexual comments like " go home and ( the word for play with yourself that this site will not let me use" and an ego that is out if this world, and his medical skills are horrible. I will be going to the medical board over his poor care

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014