Ratings for Dr. Kevin Sloan

"Fantastic Staff, comfortable atmosphere, and quality service. The first time I came, I was nervous and worried. So many times I have been left full of questions or confused by what I am told. Most places can make you feel like an idiot for not knowing the field language. Not here, the staff's communication was exceptional. The Customer Service alone is enough to keep coming back. Dr. Sloan just raises the bar on patient care. He is informative and very thorough. I feel at ease in their care. Today, I purchased some of their new cosmetic skin care & booked some Botox! I never thought I'd be this brave! You cannot go wrong with choosing Niagara Dermatology Centre! ~ Elizabeth O'Driscoll

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Sloan for many years for a chronic skin condition. He has always been very knowledgable, provided excellent care to myself and my husband. His staff are warm and accommodating and I feel very well taken care of in his office. I recently took the opportunity to try some of the cosmetic procedures in the office - I am so happy with the subtle line reduction Dr Sloan was able to give me with Botox injections. I feel like the new me!! Thanks Dr Sloan

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Sloan now for several years. I first started to see him for acne and now I do see him for some cosmetic procedures. I am shocked to see some of the negative reviews on this site. Some people are honestly clueless when it comes to skin conditions. These types of things can be very quickly diagnosed by a visual examination and there is no need for long drawn out conversations. If you need long a conversation with a specialist it is a psychiatrist that you should be seeing and not a dermatologist. Thank you Dr Sloan and his wonderful staff for your great service over the years. You are a very skilled Botox injector and I cannot wait for you to bring in a skin product line!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I can't believe these negative reviews. My family and I have been seeing dr Sloan for years and he and his staff have been nothing but wonderful. Thorough, kind and very efficient. One of the best Botox injectors in area. Obviously it is only the complainers who come to this site. Thanks for all you have done for us.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I just wanted to thank Dr. Sloan for all his hard work. He has been a godsent to our family. He was able to help Us when no one else could. I cannot say enough good things about the man. Great doctor. He has a great sense of humour too.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

This guy needs to quit or retire!!! Terrible advice. Let my father in laws leg go far too long and gave a cream that made it worse. His response? Don't use the cream if you don't like it!!! Don't use it? How about telling him what he should do then!! He is not thorough and should not be practicing!!

Submitted February 13, 2016

Prescribed my 13 yr old daughter a cream without really explaining what she had. Filled the prescription- $300- only to read the side affect of taking it was cancer. Researched what the Pharmacist told me it was meant to treat and discovered it could be outgrown. Returned the prescription, two years later and the spots disappeared long ago and have not retutned. Not impressed here are several other Dermatologists to choose from in Niagara. The Pharmacist though seems very qualified and deserves 5 stars

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

I have had two appointments with Dr. Sloan which were horrible! I gave him the benefit of the doubt (thinking he might have had an "off" day on my first visit) and kept my appointment for the second time. First of all, he makes no eye contact whatsoever and I felt like I was really imposing on his time . I told his assistant I wanted to have a full body check so she gave me a gown. Dr. Slaon walked in to the room, asked me what he could do for me as he sat with his back to me looking at my chart. He bagan talking about rosacea, still not looking at me. I was so confused about his behavior that I asked him if it was actually my chart and I repeated my name. He took a spray can and started spraying my face without any explanation (he did say, "shut your eyes") I told him I wanted a full body check, he paid no attention. After I left I was so frustrated with him I came back to the office and spoke with an employee at the reception (She was a very professional and kind person) She asked Dr. Sloan to come back into the room to see me. I asked him "why did I put a gown on if you were not planning to examine me. He said "I did examine you all over" I realized then that I would never return to him since that was a blatant lie. On a rating of 1 to 10 I would give him a minus 2

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I have had many skin problems over the years, and have seen many different dermatologists and doctors about them (rosacea, acne, eczema). Dr. Sloan's office staff is great, and he moves appointments along VERY quickly (in and out in as little time as possible) so it's great that you aren't waiting long. He doesn't have much of a bedside manner and really seems focused on time management and getting in as many people as he can, more than actually treating issues. I usually end up doing my own research, then going in and telling him what I need. Also, his office is supposedly closed Wed and Fri afternoons, but they don't answer the phones on Wed or Fri mornings either, which is really inconvenient. I've had worse experiences with other doctors though, so I continue with Dr Sloan for lack of other options in the Niagara area.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

Dr. Kevin Sloan's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. ""Fantastic Staff, comfortable atmosphere, and quality service. The first time I came, I was nervous and worried. So many times I have been left full of question..."

May 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Sloan for many years for a chronic skin condition. He has always been very knowledgable, provided excellent care to myself and my ..."

May 2, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Sloan now for several years. I first started to see him for acne and now I do see him for some cosmetic procedures. I am shocked to see so..."

May 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My father had extensive skin cancer and dr Sloan has been his derm for 10 years. Excellent clinical care and great personality. Bravo. Thank u so much. "

May 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't believe these negative reviews. My family and I have been seeing dr Sloan for years and he and his staff have been nothing but wonderful. Thorough, kin..."

May 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just wanted to thank Dr. Sloan for all his hard work. He has been a godsent to our family. He was able to help Us when no one else could. I cannot say enou..."

April 28, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "This guy needs to quit or retire!!! Terrible advice. Let my father in laws leg go far too long and gave a cream that made it worse. His response? Don't use the ..."

February 13, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Prescribed my 13 yr old daughter a cream without really explaining what she had. Filled the prescription- $300- only to read the side affect of taking it was ca..."

October 3, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I have had two appointments with Dr. Sloan which were horrible! I gave him the benefit of the doubt (thinking he might have had an "off" day on my first visit)..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had many skin problems over the years, and have seen many different dermatologists and doctors about them (rosacea, acne, eczema). Dr. Sloan's office sta..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Our skin is now rebelling because of our childhood sunburns. Nothing was known then, so don't blame us, or start spraying liquid nitrogen without an explanation..."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "This doctor's office is like a conveyor belt in a factory. Hope your problem doesn't take more than 5 minutes to resolve because patients will be piled up every..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sloan has been my doctor since I was diagnosed with Melanoma. This year a family physician saw a reoccurence at surgical site, staff with Dr. Sloans office ..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I have required regular skin treatments for many years. When my previous dermatologist retired, I was referred to Dr. Sloan. The office staff were friendly and ..."

June 11, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.drkevinsloan.com" to "https://www.wnyurology.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "L2M0" to "14225". Address has been updated from "None" to "3085 Harlem Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17168445000".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Worst experience I've ever had. When I was a teenager, I had very mild acne that went away on it's own like most teens. I'm now 26 and have had moderate to s..."

May 19, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I was referred by my family doctor. I did not have any issues with the reception. I did not have to wait very long. However he looked at me for 5 seconds and sa..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Receptionist and staff are ok. Any time I've been there I get the feeling I'm inconveniencing him. For cosmetic stuff sure I guess he's ok, but if I had any ser..."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Couldn't have asked for anything else. No wait, no stress, no hassle. I can't believe the ratings are so low."

October 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Felt this office ran like clockwork. Dr Sloan efficiently diagnosed and treated my problem. Bravo."

October 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Sloan for the first time this week. I found the reception very friendly and helpful. Dr. Sloan was very kind and very thorough . Overall an excellent ..."