You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Peter Samuels

There's always going to be people that are not happy with their Drs but I find the more you get to know Dr Samuels the more personable he can be. He is always willing to talk you through your options and answer your questions, he takes good care of my son and I. He was terrific with my sister after the birth of her first child, she had a lot of complications and he would even call her at home to see how she was doing. He does care but don't forget you aren't his only patient. His staff is great as well, able to fit me in on short notice if needed. His nurse is a hoot, just love her. He is much better then my previous Dr.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Samuels now for quite some time and I find him to be very good. I've read lots of the other reviews about his lack of bedside manner and I guess it's true that he isn't a laugh riot at every visit but I joke with him and find him quite easy to talk to. In any case, the time it takes to get an appointment with him is reasonable, as is the wait time. When I get in he seems genuinely interested in my health and in doing what is necessary to fix what ails me. He's obviously very bright and maybe that comes off to some people as arrogant sometimes but I'm not looking for a buddy. I care if my Doctor has my best intersest in mind and Dr. Samuals fits that bill.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Dr. Samuels is precisely the kind of doctor someone like me needs. He has an evidence-based focus (and an open mind, too), and stays current on (or locates) the medical literature relevant to his patients.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr. Samuels is great! I recently moved to Grimsby and switched to him as a doctor. From the beginning he took his time and answered all my questions, if he did not know the answer he took the time to find it for me. Most doctors push you in and out of their office quickly but I have never felt this way while visiting him. I am currently pregnant and he has been wonderful thus far. He is very kind and smart and has lovely staff that work with him. My experience at his office is 10 times better than my previous doctor.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

His office is much more helpful than he is. He is a pill pusher - does very little to solve the problem. Writes another prescription and sends you on your way. Condescending. Googles everything you ask him. If I could find another doctor for my family I would in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr. Samules is a wonderful doctor. I don't see him often, but my wife and children go there frequently. He always fits us in immediately even if it involves seeing him when everyone else in the office goes home. He is kind and very knowledgeable. My only negative would be that there is often a VERY long wait with an appointment. I'm sure that is because he has fit others in (like he fits my family in some days), so I take that in kind. He never pushes medicine on us and always follows up with our issues. I would recommend Dr. Samules to anyone. I would also tell him to cut his hair as well...:)

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Wow where to start? Dr. Peter Samuels has been my doctor since he started in Grimsby many years ago. I have not used him for a few years now because of his pill pushing ways. I have so many stories but I will leave you with a couple. One day I asked him to prescribe a coffee enema and he told me he didn't believe in that and that I should just eat healthy. He would constantly try to push Paxil on me for years, even for non-depressive symptoms. He never could remember anything about any of our meetings, referred to his notes on file (which I could see on his computer and isn't much). Dr. Samuels only looks at you as a consumer and customer, that is all. Over time I figured out that I'm better off using the internet to search through medical journals and information and using my own logic for medical advice. I'm mentally and physically better than ever, no thanks to Dr. Samuels.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Dr. Samuels is kind and caring and took time to get to know me personally. He took good care of me during my pregnancy and delivery and now cares for my son. We like him very much.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

i think his rudeness and lack of care is harmfull,,,he should have been a vet.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr. Samuels is the best physician we've ever had. He is incredibly smart and competent. He thoroughly discusses your issues and doesn't just throw prescriptions at you to shut you up. Goes above and beyond for his patients when they are ill. Gets referrals done in a timely fashion and actually reads the results when they come back to him. I have never found him to be rude and while he may not display his sense of humour I do not find that to be a character flaw. I want a good doctor more than I want a funny doctor. That being said the more you know him the more his sense of humour starts to show. If you want an honest, competent doctor who genuinely cares about your families health then you should see Dr Samuels.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

Dr. Peter Samuels's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "There's always going to be people that are not happy with their Drs but I find the more you get to know Dr Samuels the more personable he can be. He is always ..."

April 29, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient of Dr. Samuels now for quite some time and I find him to be very good. I've read lots of the other reviews about his lack of bedside manner..."

February 26, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Samuels is precisely the kind of doctor someone like me needs. He has an evidence-based focus (and an open mind, too), and stays current on (or locates) th..."

June 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Samuels is great! I recently moved to Grimsby and switched to him as a doctor. From the beginning he took his time and answered all my questions, if he did ..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "His office is much more helpful than he is. He is a pill pusher - does very little to solve the problem. Writes another prescription and sends you on your way. ..."

October 15, 2014