Ratings for Dr. Alfred Nkut

After getting progressively sicker over a few years, I went to see Dr Nkut. After running a few tests, he told me there was nothing wrong with me and asked me why I wanted to be sick, telling me there was nothing he could do because I was fine, even though I had gained approximately 80 lbs despite getting sick after everything I ate. Upon visiting the attentive doctor at Laurentian who actually seemed concerned, I was sent for all the same tests and lo and behold my gallbladder was close enough to rupturing that I was in surgery within 3 weeks. I had 2 gallstones big enough that one was kept by the surgeon to be used for teaching purposes, I got a souvenir, and there were still (and I quote) "a bunch" of other ones. How Dr. Nkut managed to miss all of that, I have no idea. I am now gallbladder-free, 70 lbs lighter, and not sick anymore. But I must have been malingering. Terrible doctor that should focus on fundraising or something where he actually helps people.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

Almost killed my son by nearly injecting him with too high a dose of venom for his allergy. Luckily I was paying attention to what he was doing because he sure wasn't.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

I truly cannot understand how he got his medical license? He gets into legal troubles then punishes his patients take the heat off himself! I was in 3 accidents since 2005, and suffer from chronic pain, And have many health issues because of it, I have severe pain in lower back and right side arm and leg specifically my knee, was put on meds to help ease pain to make my life livable, now he is brushing me off?

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

dr nkut presrcibed 40 mg oxycotin 3x/daily for pain in my neck, shoulders and lower back before and after i had two cervical spine operations. i am now awaiting a operation on my lower back becasue i am still in extreme pain and he has decided to stop precribing my pain medication that i have been on for 3 years and switch me to a non-narcotic medication 2-3 months before my surgery. since he was arrested for fraud and sex harrassments, he states that he will not prescribe any more narcotics to anyone regardless what pain your are in. this leaves me and most likely many others in pain in a very unfortunate circumstance. this doctor has no desire to help those that really need his help. he is out to make as much money from the government as possible and thats it.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

I went to Dr. Nkut as a family doctor as a measure of last resort since I'm a patient with multiple medical conditions and was in dire need of a family physician. I had seen him once in a walk in clinic and found him to be nice so when I heard he was taking patients while no other doctors were I went to him. To my dismay once his patient I found him to be dismissive, impatient and often left with the feeling that I was wasting his time not to mention having him humiliate me in front of his staff. Whenever I would ask him to better explain something he would direct me to his website rather than take the time I needed to understand. After years of going from walk in clinic to another dealing with cancer and several other conditions I do not deserve a doctor who has me leaving his office in tears because he refuses to listen to my concerns. These are the reasons why I have requested to be de enrolled from his practice.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Frequent urination brought me to go see him in December 2009, thinking it was a bladder infection. He did a urine test, said there was glucose in my urine but said nothing was wrong. Went again with the same problems in May 2010, but he said nothing was wrong, although there was still elevated glucose in my urine. He had also ordered blood tests, told me my HbA1c was 12%. In August, I was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes by another doctor. In retrospect, all the signs were there, MONTHS in advance, but I have no medical training - how was I supposed to know? It really seems like he was hoping I would diagnose myself, telling me all the test results. He missed all the clear signs and I would not trust this doctor, EVER AGAIN.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

this doctor is the worse doctor ive ever seen. I was pregnant and thought i was getting a bladder infection and he just wrote a prescription without testing. When i asked him arent you gona check before giving a pregnant person pills she might not need.. he told me are you the doctor here? are you telling me how to do my job.. bla bla bla. what an idiot.I would never go back there ever again. He doesnt take the time at all for you. You dont even know he is done with you as he just walks out without saying anything.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Let me give it to you straight. Do not lock yourself in by asking him to be your family doctor. I wouldn't even use him as a walk-in. Completely useless. I know to this to be true because I've had the horrible misfortune of having him as my family doctor for 3 years and can now not look for an alternative. I've seen him for two years for widespread pain that would not respond to normal treatment. I would have to see him so much for some sort of "help" that he chuckles when he sees me in the examining room, and I use that description lightly as he has never even so much as touched any site that I have complained of experiencing pain at. I have never been asked to sit on his table. He always asks "what did you want me to do for you today?" Should I be answering that question? If I knew those answers to medical problems wouldn't I have been a doctor and not need to see this quack? Unless you have a definite diagnosis (made by someone else capable)don't go to him and expect any answers.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2010

I found Dr. Knut after being to emeregency a and walk in clinics a number of times where I got no help because I was apparently not dying. Seems emergency dept will only treat you are dying and likely too late to save you. Walk-in clinics treated me the same way and seem to only deal with cough and colds and said that a thorough diagnosis had to be done by my familiy doctor, of course I didn't have a familiy doctor at the time or I would be there rather than emerg or walk-ins. With Dr. Knut, I was promptly received respectfully treat, throuoghly diagnosed, sent on a battery of tests and put on a treatment regime, and have my health fully restored. Contrary to others' remarks, I am always promptly received and respectly treated in his office. Like anyone, he has his moments (and you never know what his day has been like), but as long as you work with him he will work with you. I now have him as my family doctor and remain very satisfied.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009