Ratings for Dr. Allister Younger

No interest in listening or dealing with my issues. Simply getting me in and out.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Dr. Younger is a leader within the foot and ankle industry. However his workload may be too high, and that may create some frustration among his patients. I know he cares and will do what is best for the patient, unfortunately follow ups and advice/attention to post op may come off as impersonal, its the nature of the beast. If i were to trust someone with my ankle/foot, it would definitely be Dr. Younger.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Younger's since 2007. He is very skilled and is confident, kind, and gentle. He is extremely busy, which is tough. I've had eight foot/ankle/leg surgeries so far....I know he does his best to keep me walking with as little pain as possible.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Had toe surgery performed by Dr. Younger. Did not prescribe enough pain medication. Went to LMH Emergency and was seen by an orthopaedic surgeon, who was angry that Dr. Younger left a mess for someone elae to clean-up. The LMH orthopaedic surgeon spoke with Dr. Younger on the telephone, and Dr. Younger did no want to see me, or offer different pain medication. The LMH doctor did clean up Younger's mess. Then trying to get a follow-up with Younger for a way forward was useless. Younger did not return calls, and his receptionist was also useless. To top it off this doctor wants you to rush to St. Paul's when there are issues, such as when I was in extreme pain, as Younger does not haven privileges to any other hospital. This man is unbelievable, I will advise colleagues in my profession to steer clear of Younger!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Unprofessional and money hungrey. I was operated in his clinic, cambie surgery centre where I was quoted firstly just over 4,000 by one staff member and then 10,000 by another and this is the amount I was requested to pay. I had lapitus foot surgery. I believe younger didn't even operate on me. The tutor was put on backwards, my foot is constantly in pain as it wasn't aligned properly and toes are slanting and pulling towards the right. His main assistant when he works for st. Paul's is the very arrogant, they make a wonderful team. If I could rate Dr. Younger "0", i would. For information, i was operated in 2008, never saw the prints or pictures that i consented that he could take during operation. He was most obnoxious when I saw him only again when the stitches were to be removed. He didn't know " why" to the questions I asked. He is a slap to BC medical professalism which I have always appreciated until you run into individuals like him who will ruin the system. The reception of the clinic is operated with receptionists of the "beautiful" series.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I have been associated with Dr. Younger for almost 10 years, and have found him to be a wonderful doctor, both knowledgeable and informative. I have had surgery once before, and will be again in the near future.. Rick Hartley Thanks Doctor Younger

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Have had to have 2 sergeries on my left ankel first sergery went ok. When i went in for mypost op the nurse was the biggest idiot in existance not only did she wash the bottom of my foot first then went to my stitches which caused an infection but she tore my stitiches open. Dr. Y seemed not to care. Second sergery was exploritory since i was years later still in alot of pain. They never followed up with me post op and never called or returned my calls.

Submitted November 23, 2015

Outstanding doctor. We cannot thank him enough for the work he's done for my daughters dance feet.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

I'm at three months post op for joint fusion to correct claw toe and hallux valgus (bunion) for my left foot. This surgery also corrected a flat foot deformity that is genetic. From being triaged at the Foot Clinic to the date of the surgery was just over 2 and a half years. It was well worth the wait. Dr Younger is extremely good at what he does, is honest and has a good bedside manner. A good sense of humour too! I would recommend him to anyone with foot issues, either similar to mine, or otherwise. Dr Younger is an amazing surgeon and whilst it's still early days since my surgery, my foot looks amazing.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr. Younger is a fabulous orthopaedic surgeon. I was referred to him by another surgeon, and he provided excellent care. Would most definitely recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015