Ratings for Dr. Anise Lakha

An amazing ,knowledgeable, compassionate Dr. Yes, sometime you will have to wait to see her but what Dr. don't you have to wait to see?....one who won't take the time to meet your needs. My daughter and I are lucky to have her.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Dr. Lakha was my mother's palliative doctor for the past 4 months. Our first meeting with Dr. Lakha went well - she was patient, attentive and informative. But unfortunately, things only went down hill from there. We were used to long waits for the doctor, so this did not bother us. But every returning appointment, Dr Lakha never remembered my mother, and was never prepared. She was always reading her monitor as we sat in front of her. This, I could accept as well as I understand, the Canadian health care system is overworked. What really upset me was during my mother's last few days. I contacted Dr Lakha to make a house visit as my mom was feeling very unwell. Her mobility was minimal and I did not want to cause her more pain in attempt to transport her. We waited for Dr Lakha from 11am. She finally showed up at 7pm, clearly frustrated and upset with having to make a house call. She did a quick physical, prescribed a few meds, then proceeded to tell us we were "crying wolf" and if we did that again, she wouldn't come. 5 days later, the home care nurse came to check on my mom and felt things did not seem right so called for Dr Lakha to come. Dr Lakha refused and told the nurse to call for an ambulance. The paramedics that showed up were shocked and couldn't understand why her palliative doctor wouldn't come. My mother passed at the hospital a few hours later. What truly upsets me is Dr Lakha was very aware of my mom's wishes to pass in her own home. But because Dr Lakha's time was far too precious to be wasted on us, my mom was forced to go to the hospital where she waited in the waiting room for 4 hours, and then passing only 15 minutes of finally getting a bed. Dr Lakha is cold and unprofessional, and has absolutely no compassion. Clearly she does this for the money, but otherwise hates her job and her patients. We are all nothing more than an irritant and a waste of her time. Apparently asking the palliative doctor to come see your mother 5 days before, and the day of her passing is "crying wolf". She clearly hates what she does and should go back to being a GP and anything but a palliative doctor, a position that requires the utmost compassion and sympathy.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

A very knowledgeable, caring and kind doctor. She put my mind at rest about an existing condition in a way that made sense to me. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

My Dr. Since 1995. I love her. I have had the best care with her and I know that my diagnosis is rare and she's informed herself so that she can perscribe accordingly. Not crazy about lengthy waits but I just tell myself that she's worth the wait.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I had been sick for 10 years straight and Dr. Lakha was the only one who took me seriously. After a barrage of testing, it was confirmed that I have LUPUS and now properly treated by a specialist, I feel human again for the first time in a decade! That's a pretty great doctor.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I'm on the fence. Sometimes she is supportive and at other times I feel like a nuisance and judged. Be prepared to wait at least 45 mins after your scheduled appointment.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I have been going to her for over 20 years and I love her!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Dr Lahka has been my GP for 20 years. Although she does tend to run behind schedule. She has provided me with incredible care and support. Not once did she ignore a problem I had whether big or small. There is nothin cold or unfriendly about her. Myself and kids are very lucky to have her

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

I find it very ironic and discomforting that Anis Lakha is a palliative care doctor. She is cold, abrupt, and makes one feel like they are occupying precious time. I realize and respect that she has a lot of patients to see, but she is typically always extremely tardy in the mornings, which continues throughout the day. There is nothing worse than watching your doctor come in, late, with Starbucks in hand. I'm not dispelling her knowledge as a physician, I believe she's very qualified, but her personality absolutely ruins it. Thankfully, her staff (was) very kind and at times more knowledgeable than her, but have now seemingly moved on.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Yes she can be very abrupt but I think she is better when it really matters. I think she is always running behind because she is willing to spend time with patients when needed. She speaks very quickly and softly which can be a problem for the elderly.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014