Ratings for Dr. Bruce Nicolson

My mother recently OD'd on medication that Dr Nicolson has prescribed her, when she landed in the emergency and produced her list, there we a couple on there that surprised the doctors, and it was recommended she not be on them. I am making an attempt to reach out to him to have a conversation about what happened. So we shall see how he deals with this.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

I have not actually ever met him- my experience is as a family member of a long time patient of his. He has allowed this family member to be a prescription narcotic addict for decades- he has left the very obvious mental illnesses this person suffers to go undiagnosed and continues to ignore all signs of dementia and lack of reasonable decision making abilities to go untreated. Our hands are tied unless a doctor actually diagnoses and designates this family member as incapable of making rational decisions, and with Dr Nicholson continually doling out pain medications that thid family member abuses and does not take as prescribed- this makes it near to impossible. I wouldn't trust this doctor with even a pet fish. Such a lack of care and attention- seems more like he prescribes the meds to get the patient out of the office.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Very helpful. Has been our family's doctor for over 25 years. He always listens to what you have to say and makes sure to take in all considerations.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Submitted March 11, 2012

If you have Fibromyalga and he knows it DO NOT GO TO HIM! If you are in pain he will say oh it is your Fibro acting up again....4 hrs later in the operating room I am getting my galbladder removed.Some Fibromyalga if you ask me????? Good Dr. if you don't tell him that you have Fibro...keep that under your hat!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2011

Been our family doctor for years. He is pleasant, knowledgeable, concerned. Always gives options and lets you make your own decisions. He LISTENS to you! And he doesn't hesitate to refer you to a specialist when needed.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

We are blessed to have such a physician on staff at our rural facility. He is focused and caring, listens to your concerns, gives all options available. Wonderful with children and elderly. I speak from experience with my own children, as well as my elderly parents with chronic medical conditions. He refers to higher level of care when necessary. Makes you feel reassured and confident, and gives you time to make your own decisions.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

Always very thorough and has time to listen to your concerns. Just doesn't write a perscription.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2008

Amazing doctor. Has always been one of the best, I will never change

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

Very knowledgeable and will go out of way to assist every complaint. Tries to listen and diagnose; if not refers patient to specialist andgives all necessary tests, etc. Due to shortage of Drs. time is limited but tries to cover all bases in allotted time; would take proper action if needed, immediately. Is also a Surgeon and understands if surgery should be an option. Will refer to other Surgeon for major ills without question and explains what is asked and makes sure patient understands. Also answers questions about medication, etc. Very caring and compassionate. Doesn't give prescriptions unless really needed and explains why not; also suggests other alternatives when need be.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2007