Ratings for Dr. Kwok Sung

Wonderful to talk to, always available when an emergency occurs. My family has never had a bad experience or long wait at his office. He is very good at asking questions children understand and can answer, alway.s taking their health as higjest priority

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

In my experience dr sung is one you either love him or hate him. honestly i love everything about his practice. the nurse that gives shots (crystal) is pretty cranky most of the time but im sure she deals with a lot. also when scheduling an appointment i always ask for morning appointments because the wait time is like nonexistent and the few times i have gone in there later he is cranky. of course i have seen some of what he deals with on a daily basis. (parents who bring kids in that are blue due to lack of oxygen yet the are bringing them in for costipation..) Overall i think he can be moody on occasion but he is an amazing dr and i definately wont be seeing raneys office that place is way horrible!!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

I take all of my children to Dr. Sung. He is fantastic. I hate the wait to get in to see him, they run behind alot, but then what can you do when people come in off the street with bleeding children rather then taking them to the ER? He take each patient at number one and if an emergancy happens that kid is treated first, and that I like even if I have to wait and wait, I know that at least if my child were hurt in in need he would see them asap. He has saved many infant lives in Carlsbad and that is exactly what we need here a dr who saves lives. My children have all grown to like him, his bedside mannor is different then people are used to but hey when you have an educated man who moved here because he wanted to I am not going to gripe about it. This dr could be teaching at some of the best medical schools in the nation yet he choose to come here and get outof the politics of teaching. That is a blessing that Carslbad should never look down on.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2008

While I second guessed myself and it took me THREE times to decide NOT to return to this horrible doctor because I wanted to be fair and certain I was making unnecessary judgments... That being said, he is incompetent because he prescribed medicine that is not considered safe for children my daughter's age (I'm in the medical field - a psychologist) and checked out the research on the prescription myself. He also removed my daughter's umbilical cord without even asking when the current research has found that alcohol and taking it out are unnecessary. It particularly bothered me that he did not have the professionalism to even ask if he could RIP OUT her umbilical cord to where it caused her to bleed and cry and still looks funky nearly a year later. Also, he kissed her, which is absolutely inappropriate AND he was inappropriately close to me as well. A neighbor of mine had the similar experiences. This man should have his medical license revoked for a number of reasons.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2008

Dr. Kwok Sung's Credentials

• American Univ Of The Caribbean, Sch Of Med, Plymouth, Montserrat (Grad. 1982)

Commercial Insurance Company