You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Robert Rothwell

So far I have found Dr. Rothwell to be extremely thorough and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I had my first flare up in 4 years. I was in a bad way. Dr. Rothwell came in on his day off (Saturday) to see me. OMG he came in on his day off just to see me. Well I thought it was just me but it turned out he saw 2 others that morning as well. OMG it was his day off. That is just an unheard of sense of caring for his patients. He is very thorough and that is a good thing. He is less likely to miss something important, like all the other 3 minute doctors do. He can troubleshoot and diagnose where the 3 minute doctors couldn't diagnose anything other than a cold or flu. He is without doubt THE BEST Doctor I have ever seen my whole life.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

I have been seeing Dr rothwell for over 19 years now. He is the best. Compassionate, knowledgeable and goes above and beyond the call of duty. He was instrumental in saving my life and is also involved in my maintaining a good quality of live. No praise to high for this great man.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

The most thourogh and compassionate Dr. I have encountered. He is increadably knowledgable and a straight up kind of Dr. I would say that Dr. Rothwell should be the "gold standard" that every Dr should aspire too, period!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

After being treated for Polymyalgia Rheumatica for two years by another less competent very young Rheumatologist, who, after treating me for one year, raised his voice to me to say "Most of my PMR patients are off prednisone within one year, why aren't you?," I selected Dr. Rothwell myself via internet search at RateMDS.com. After Dr. Rothwell briefly tried two drugs to ween me from prednisone, a third drug worked, and I got off the weening drug within a few months(I took the initiative to go faster than Dr. R. suggested). Thanks to Dr. R., I have been off the weening drug for over two years now with an ESR blood reading equal to or less than 10. Without him, I might now be in a wheelchair or even dead because prednisone blocks absorption of calcium from food or supplements in our gut which might result in fractures or breaks in our bones which obviously can cripple or kill us. Also, knowing that there is a correlation between weighing less than 154 pounds and getting PMR, I decided a few years ago to eat more creams and sugars to raise my weight from 153 up to 170 pounds at a height of 5' 6 1/2." This raised my cholesterol and glucose levels to quite high levels, and thanks to Dr. Rothwell ordering blood tests recently for these conditions, I'm now working with my family doctor to safely reduce my cholesterol and glucose. I have little doubt that this will go smoothly. At 68 years of age and having PMR for about seven or eight years, I still have some aches and pains especially in my lower back, which Dr. R. says is probably age-related degradation of the lower spine. Dr. Rothwell was key to my health improvement and, like some other patients here, probably saved my life. Besides all this he's a wonderful, loving, caring, extremely well read, and intellectual man who occasionally enjoys a good laugh. Because he's so thorough, you probably will see him at up to one hour after your scheduled time. So, take something to read; the wait is worth it.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

An exceptionally competent rheumatologist with a wonderful office manager. Dr. Rothwell is a master at cortisone injections. He completely dissolved a nodule I had and has significantly reduced pain in other active joints. He is a gentleman, kind, takes his time to truly listen to his patients, gives up weekend time to help patients, writes excellent thorough reports that are accurate, and is extremely thorough in all aspects of rheumatology care. It will be a great loss to patients if and when he retires. He is rated the #1 rheumatologist in New West for very good reasons !!!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

Dr. Rothwell is without a doubt, THE BEST doctor I have ever seen in my entire life ! He is what I would call the medical communities perfect example in every way, of how every single doctor should be. My first appointment was 3 and a half hours long. The man is the most thorough, most intelligent, most accurate, most . . . , most doctor I have EVER seen and I have seen scores of doctors and specialists over my life time. I just cannot say enough good things about him. For sure, if I didn’t find him I would have suffered in the most extreme way and would have had a stroke before I would have seen another Rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

Dr. Rothwell is very effecient and not pushy, I was very afrid to go on Methotrexate Injection, he started me out on Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine, this took very long to work and kept informing me that their was other things that would help.I'm not 100 percent pain free, but almost, I have really enjoyed his knowledge and helpfulness with this problem. I would suggest him to all RA patient's. He is very kind and a real caring about you as a person.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Dr. Rothwell is the best medical doctor, period. I have been seeing him for 27 years. He is bright, sharp, and witty. I moved away from the mainland to Vancouver Island and he is the ONLY rheumatologist I will ever see. I'm 46 yrs old and hate to think what we'll all do when he retires. Very scary indeed. Thanks Dr. Rothwell! C

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

all i can say is he saved my life 22 years ago. the best Dr I have ever seen

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

Dr. Robert Rothwell's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "So far I have found Dr. Rothwell to be extremely thorough and knowledgeable. "

November 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my first flare up in 4 years. I was in a bad way. Dr. Rothwell came in on his day off (Saturday) to see me. OMG he came in on his day off just to see me. ..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr rothwell for over 19 years now. He is the best. Compassionate, knowledgeable and goes above and beyond the call of duty. He was instrum..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The most thourogh and compassionate Dr. I have encountered. He is increadably knowledgable and a straight up kind of Dr. I would say that Dr. Rothwell should be..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "After being treated for Polymyalgia Rheumatica for two years by another less competent very young Rheumatologist, who, after treating me for one year, raised hi..."

March 29, 2015