Ratings for Dr. Gideon Lamprecht

I have a chronic pain issue that has been years trying to get dealt with. I had a Dr. and was told I couldn't transfer to Dr. Lamprecht. I had seen him numerous times in the er and he had many ideas and avenues to try. When I brought them up to my dr. at the time I was told I was crazy. I was finally able to see him in the clinic and I asked him personally to be my dr and am finally getting to a resolution. Took several tries and some long waiting list but if it is something he feels would benifit he pushes. And I have never had an issue with the nursing staff in the er since he took over my care. Awesome Dr. But be prepared. Very direct and to the point. He doesn't sugar coat or hide and miss lead.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

If you are sick this is the doctor you want, he saw a loved one who was quite ill in the ER. I know he saved her life. Top marks.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

He is an amazing doctor!! He has much knowledge and his bedside manner is respectful, friendly and confident.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

I've had him for a doctor for 15 yrs he's a better listener than one that can diagnose. I've suffered the same problem as long as I've been seeing him with no sign of relief. He'd rather write a prescription than get to the root of the problem. He can be very understanding but also insensitive. If you have a problem and it doesn't get resolved after the first appointment than I suggest you get a second opinion and a referral for another doctor. His knowledge consists of going on his iPad and googling which all of us are capable of doing ourselves.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

My sister went to emerg. july 3, 2014. She lives with cronic depression,and after a new med. change was not working,she worked up the courage to go and ask for help. The doctor on that day was Dr. Lamprecht he told my sister "I work on Broken bones not this." as he waved his hand at her like she was waisting his time. My sister is so so important in all our family's lives. I can't believe a Dr. could have so little understanding of depression and just basic compassion. If my sister didn't have family support to fall back on.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

I have seen Gideon a number of times and he has never been helpful, I get better care going to the ER unless Gideon on duty. He is the type of doctor that you can't question and if you do he will give you the cold shoulder and you will receive even worse care. If it wasn't so tough to switch doctors here I would never see this one again.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Was my Doctor for 4 years no problem until one day I ask about a Marijuana perscription and he totally flipped out. He said Marijuana is a drug which makes people take powersaws and cut other peoples heads off with it!! I am serious, he then told me he was going to take me off a drug that he had me off for 6 months already thats how freaked out he was.He could not get my meds correct at all that day. At that point I realized that he was more upset over the marijuana than my illness. I thought any doctor so illinformed about aq drug would be so strong about it. He was 100% wrong!! 2 weeks later I had to go in for a tetniss shot he was the doctor on call. He totally ignored me for 2 hours I finally got up to leave and the nurseasked why. I said I dont like being ignored by a very IMATURE doctor. The nurse understood and gave me the shot herself. He never even had the nerve to look at me, very spinless and imature.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013

Took care of a relative in the last stages of her life. Seemed very blase with concerns we had regarding her care. Was unable to make any decisions it seemed either due to lack of knowledge or lack of compassion. Did not address the awful nursing care which occurred regularly. I was entirely underwhelmed.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

I have had this doctor for 6 yrs plus now and would recommend him to anyone. He is a damn good doctor.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2011

When booking appointment was told he is my family doctor. He complained throughout the appointment that he is not my family doctor and I will have to go to front desk and get it fixed. When presented with reason for visit stated 'I don't like to diagnose that'. Left room, didn't return. The nurse provided a form to fill out, which I completed..... and then was instructed that my appointment was over.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011