Ratings for Dr. Jordan Leith

Long time patient. Never any problems. Follow up was excellent and frequent or when needed. Never rude or disrespectful. Always professional. One of the best at what he does. Not sure what some of these low rating patients are talking about. I would question their integrity using this forum. Despite the few reports I would highly recommend this surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

As a Surgical Industry representative, I have the opportunity to see a large number of different surgeons performing surgery in the operating room. I have seen huge variability in the quality of surgery and care from different surgeons given the advantage of being able to compare them all through direct visualization. By far, Dr. Leith is one of the best that I have seen operate. If you want an arthroscopic surgery done, he is the guy to get. I would recommend him to any of my friends and colleagues for knee, hip, shoulder or elbow surgery. If you need your ACL reconstructed, shoulder or hip labrum or rotator cuff fixed, he is the best.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I have had a number of surgeries from Dr. Leith. One for my unstable shoulder and one for my ACL. I have never had a bad experience with his office staff or Dr. Leith. He is one of the best Orthopaedic Surgeons that I have encountered. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends or family. He is always available to answer questions and truly cares about his patients. I have seen some of the few negative comments posted and cannot agree with any of those comments. Those patients may have had other issues unrelated to their surgeries or something else as this surgeon is great in my mind.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr Leith repaired my ACL recently and I have been very pleased with the results. When I first saw him was very polite and had good bedside manners. He cares about his patients and is a top notch doctor. Many of my friends recommended him to me and I would do the same. His post operative care was excellent and he was helpful with answering any questions I had. Dr. Leith is a surgeon who doesn't give surgery just for money, but to help his patients. If he sees you don't need surgery, he gives you that option. This was what one of my friends had. My friend tore her ACL, but wasn't in any real pain. Dr. Leith informed her that if she wasn't in pain that affected her doing her everyday activities, such as sports, than she has the option of no surgery. Dr. Leith is all around great and anyone should appreciate his services. His office also is a very welcoming environment.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr Leith repaired my ACL15 years ago. He didn't care about the complications with scar tissue, fabella inflammation or pain that I continued to have. It took a different doctor three years later to care enough to get me an MRI and admit there was now cartilage missing and I had osteoarthritis post surgery. Dr. Leith didn't want to take the time. Dr. Leith also tried to get me to book at his private clinic and pay him before even checking the UBC appointment book. there is something immoral about using the public trough to try and make money at your private clinic. To this day, that leg is still 5 degrees short of extension, which has affected my body in all sorts of other ways.

Submitted July 11, 2017

Lucky to have had him for 3 surgeries. So polite and good at his job!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr Leith has rebuilt my acl twice now and both times were great surgical and healing experiences.I had to get the second rebuild because of a hockey incident where a larger man than I am fell on my leg,the graft half tore and stretched to the point of being deficient.He offered multiple surgical solutions and had answers for all questions.After he fixed it the first time I was able to return 100% to all activities after properly rehabbing for six plus months.I am now 5 weeks from my latest surgery and am amazed at how good it feels! This has been my third acl rebuild,my first one I was 30 years old,number two was at 37 and now at 44,I have been very active my whole life moving to whistler at 17 and nonstop bodily punishment.Dr. Leith is obviously very busy and in demand so if your looking for a shoulder to cry on keep looking.He is very confident and professional and the way he carries himself gives me the feeling I'm getting the best chance of returning to normal.I had no hesitation to go right back to him for this latest fix. The second piece to good healing is a capable physiotherapist and a dedicated rehab program,doesn't matter how good the surgeon is,if you don't get YOURSELF back to the shape you desire with hard work you'll be left disappointed and most likely blame the surgeon. I would recommend Dr.Leith for a great surgical result,I found him through other people who had surgery from him and they were very happy with the results.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Dr. Leith is the worst surgeon I have ever come across. Not only does he have the worst bedside manner ever, he is rude and his post operative care was nil. I had surgery for my torn rotator cuff - and it did absolutely nothing for me other than give me pain and needless wasted time. 2 1/2 years later, I had another MRI - and nothing is fixed - I still have a complete tear of my infraspinatus tendon, a full thickness tear of the posterior two thirds of the supraspinatus tendon with a 3.3 cm gap and tearing of my labrum. Im exactly where I was at the start. His secretary is horrid to return phone calls. I didn't even get a post op visit in a timely manner and only once. He refused to see me after that to address my concerns. Terrible surgeon.

Submitted January 31, 2017

I had a left hip arthroscopic surgery performed in June 2016. The surgery failed. But my chief complaint is with Dr. Leith's poor post-operative care. At the 3 month post surgery consultation, Dr. Leith dismissed my complaints about greater pain than pre-surgery. His physical exam was perfunctory. He claimed there was no muscle wastage qhwn it was clear to my physiotherapist (and my mirror) that there wa extemsive left glut wastage. After sending me away wirh no suggestions, I undertook Magnetic Resonance Imaging that showed I has avascular necrosis, which was not present priot to the surgery. Dr. Leith walked away from it, takimg no reponsibility. I would not recommend him.

Submitted January 15, 2017

Had ACL reconstruction and knee feels great. Researched this surgeon and he is tops in his field. Does the most of this procedure in the province. Very professional and explains the entire process clearly. Highly recommend for any surgery related to sports related injuries.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016