Ratings for Dr. Jordan Leith

Dr. Leith is the worst surgeon I have ever come across. Not only does he have the worst bedside manner ever, he is rude and his post operative care was nil. I had surgery for my torn rotator cuff - and it did absolutely nothing for me other than give me pain and needless wasted time. 2 1/2 years later, I had another MRI - and nothing is fixed - I still have a complete tear of my infraspinatus tendon, a full thickness tear of the posterior two thirds of the supraspinatus tendon with a 3.3 cm gap and tearing of my labrum. Im exactly where I was at the start. His secretary is horrid to return phone calls. I didn't even get a post op visit in a timely manner and only once. He refused to see me after that to address my concerns. Terrible surgeon.

Submitted January 31, 2017

I had a left hip arthroscopic surgery performed in June 2016. The surgery failed. But my chief complaint is with Dr. Leith's poor post-operative care. At the 3 month post surgery consultation, Dr. Leith dismissed my complaints about greater pain than pre-surgery. His physical exam was perfunctory. He claimed there was no muscle wastage qhwn it was clear to my physiotherapist (and my mirror) that there wa extemsive left glut wastage. After sending me away wirh no suggestions, I undertook Magnetic Resonance Imaging that showed I has avascular necrosis, which was not present priot to the surgery. Dr. Leith walked away from it, takimg no reponsibility. I would not recommend him.

Submitted January 15, 2017

Had ACL reconstruction and knee feels great. Researched this surgeon and he is tops in his field. Does the most of this procedure in the province. Very professional and explains the entire process clearly. Highly recommend for any surgery related to sports related injuries.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Had rotator cuff surgery with Dr Leith. A very personable, nice guy. Very knowledgeable, prepared to take the time to answer questions. Dr Leith has a positive, confident, relaxed and caring manner. His office manager Tracey was prompt, professional and friendly. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

My very close friend referred me to Dr Jordan Leith.He said he was a" good surgeon".My friend was wrong ,Dr Leith is a "great surgeon". He repaired my badly damaged rotator cuff after 3 other doctors told me I would require a full replacement. I was very impressed with his positive attitude ,his professional manner,and his vast experience .Dr Leith made me feel very comfortable. From the first meeting with his office manager, Tracy Hoff, I was confident I had made the right choice. She answered all my questions with confidence and confirmed that we had made the right choice. This is a very busy office and well organized.I always felt that I was the most important person at our meetings. I would highly recommend the Fortis Team

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Leith presents himself as very knowledgable, experienced and top quality. All true ! I appreciate his direct and honest approach to the diagnosis. Great surgeon !

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

I saw Dr. Leith today for my shoulder, he was friendly, informative and had time for all my questions. He is not quick to jump into surgery, trying to rehab and regain mobility with chiro or physio first. I found Tracey the receptionist to be welcoming , friendly and well informed. All in all I had a very positive experience.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr leith is a good surgeon ... the downfall is his office assistant . She doesn't answer the phone and she doesn't return calls even after numerous calls re problem since surgery . You're left wondering where to go and doctors phone message says to report to your family doctor but that Dr isn't sure what's wrong and refers you back to Dr leith and you end up back in the no return call ... I think Dr leith needs to replace his office assistant and hire someone who can deal with volume . When I originally saw him his oa was just sitting there while ignoring the phone

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr Leith is a very knowledgeable doctor. He's a good man however he can be short due to his very busy schedule. His front desk staff can be very rude over the phone, can be very hard to book an appointment. However in person they are very much more accommodating. Overall I have had a good experience with him and good success. Patient respect is somewhat lacking considering that this is a public service that is funded by taxpayers money. It seems that his staff and himself have sometimes forgetten that they are civil servants, and therefore should more accommodating and respectful towards their patients. If the same attitude be given by a police officer, firefighter or paramedic, repercussions would follow. But on another note my surgery was somewhat successful therefore I would recommend him as a surgeon.

Submitted April 27, 2015

Both my GP and my physiotherapist had recommended Dr. Leith to me. He is a highly-experienced orthopaedic surgeon. I was impressed with Dr. Leith’s manner and attitude. He is very knowledgeable and impressed me with his discussion my prior surgery and the advice of a third surgeon. I had had an arthroscopic shoulder decompression surgery but was still experiencing pain. Dr. Leith felt that the calcium in my shoulder, which hadn’t been removed in my prior surgery, was almost certainly causing the pain. “It’s like a rock in your shoe.” Surgery was performed in March 2010. He found and removed a lot of calcium from under the tendon. Rehab is going well and I have every expectation that this surgery cleared up the problem. To read more about my story about shoulder pain, non-surgical options, the health system, arthroscopic shoulder surgery and what to expect after surgery see my blog at http://shoulderpain-and-surgery.blogspot.com/

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011