Ratings for Dr. Alexander Nagy

Nice place, polite and easygoing staff, personable and efficient. Dr Nagi was communicative and seemed to have patience and interest in my health, I didn't feel rushed which is great. Sucks to hear the review mentioning racism, I wish the author said more about what happened. Dr Nagi is old school and comes from a different generation and country which is a barrier, and I can see how it can sometimes be hit and miss when you try and relax someone with humour that is personal but I really don't think he is a crappy person. However I think it would be helpful for many to see more information about types of soluble fibre within the information sheets given, regarding colon health, because we know the common diet is so polluted. Also, my room had a skylight in it and I watched the clouds pass by. Good times at the proctologist, left my fear behind my behind.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

flag | Submitted November 18, 2012

Though he may be great as a doctor, he is definitely NOT personable. He was EXTREMELY rude and even had the audacity to literally yell and scold at me about something that was NOT medical related. In addition, I was appalled at the fact that he had the nerve to make a racist comment. Professionalism at its finest. I should have known my visit would not be pleasant as the receptionist was also rude. While looking for a chart, she had to bend down to look for files in the bottom drawer, she was yelling to ask questions to confirm some information - keep in mind the filing cabinet is behind the desk. I`m sorry, when did it become okay for someone to yell behind the counter and assume that you were talking to me? When she finally found the chart, she asked more questions to confirm additional information, a person I was with was talking to me, she thought it would be morally okay to tell the person I was with to stop talking. I will be sure to inform everyone I know to NOT come to this practice.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

My husband was referred to Dr Nagy to have a tumour removed from his colon in 2006. Dr Nagy was professional, caring and put a rush on the surgery. He is well known and respected in his field and our experience at the cancer agency was better for having him in our court. A complication arose during radiation and he handled it swiftly and with excellent outcomes. Follow up in the years since has been so very good. We feel blessed to have had his care and he has always made us feel like friends as well as a patient. I can't say enough good things and am convinced my husband is a survivor due to the prompt surgery and excellent follow up.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

I am very happy to have Dr. Nagy for my doctor. He is totally personable and communicates very well with me. I trust him to do what is necessary. I am sad to hear he will be retiring soon.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Dr. Nagy is quite the character. I feel anyone who says he is rude simply does not understand his humor. He proved quite knowledgeable, and seemed as though he did have my best interests in mind throughout the entirety of my hernia repair.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

He did a hernia surgery on me with no luck. I think hernia repair is one of the easiest for the surgeons; apparently not for him. I never felt normal after the surgery, and surprisingly when I went back to him for the followup this was his response "Why are you here?I can not help you." Unbelievable ha? After one year of different tests, ultrasounds, CT Scans, I need to do another surgery for the same thing he did wrong. He wasted one year of my life, time and almost my job. Never forget about him and his job.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

Dr. Nagy treated my husband 7 years ago for colon cancer and has done subsequent illiestomy reversal and follow-up colonoscopies. Right from the start Dr. Nagy was obviously always in our corner - in fighting for early hospital admission and surgical dates. He is highly regarded by his colleagues and medical staff - and loved by his patients and their families.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Like most doctors he runs late. I think he did a good job, but was very rude to me with his comments that were unnecessary. I had minor surgery and he made me feel as though I was a waste of his time. My family doctor would not have recommended me to him if he didn't feel he was the best person to operate.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Great and compassionate surgeon who did what he promised repairing my hernia.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011