Ratings for Dr. Roberta M. Kalafut

I am a patient of Dr. Kalafut and have nothing but good comments. She helped me tremendously! She took care of my back pain as soon as humanly possible. I had been shuffled from Dr to Dr and had no help until Dr. Kalafut helped me.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Kalafut did not seem interested in my neck pain. She had a dismissive attitude and seemed bored with my concerns.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Her diagnosis and attitude was unbelievably unprofessional.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Went to see her about back problems e nd and was called a drug addict cause others she treated w problems only needed therapy at her practice. Would not even look a t my mri s or let me tell her I had a staph infection in my lower back. I walked out yelling how rude she was and never went back. She has been sued for attacking other pain and sport Dr s. Don't see any of the Dr s at her office.She rules the roost. She was forced to step down as a officer of board of physicians. Look her name up on internet. You'll be surprised. She's bad Dr. To me.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

My mother had an appointment with Dr. Kalafut 9-29-14 to discuss back surgery, that she had suggested to my mother in a previous appt. She had told her that she could give her another spinal steroid shot, but she should consider surgery, so mother missed her shot in August. I drove from Midland to take my Parents to this appt. and to meet the Dr. When Mother handed the Dr. her MI report, she glanced over it, and said no Neurosurgeon would use a MRI over 5 mo. old, and Medicare wouldn't pay for another one. She was very negative towards surgery and seemed to have a case of amnesia. I suggested that Mother get a shot now and get a new MRI the first of the year, because she was suffering with pain. They scheduled her two days later on Wed. 10-1. However, the day before health issues arose that warranted taking my Mother to the ER. Before we left she called Dr. Kalafut after hrs.to discuss with her her predicament. When the Dr. came on the phone Mother started talking to her and got very emotional and started crying, even though she was on Speakerphone, Mother handed me the phone. I just continued giving details of her state BP, etc. She rudely asked "Who am I speaking with? " I told her that I was her daughter that had just met her the day before. She said "I thought I was speaking to the patient!" I said "Well, my Mother started crying and couldn't speak". Mother reached for the phone and tried to talk. The Dr. was kind and told her to take care of herself and not to worry if she had to cancel the appt. she had for the shot the next day. We arrived at the ER at 8:30 p.m. we left at 3:30 a.m. Mother was able to make her appt. even though she was exhausted. About 45 min. after they took her back, Mother walked out and said she wouldn't be able to get the shot because she had been put on an antibiotic. Dr. Kalafut had told the nurse to leave the room, and then told my Mother that her Daughter was very rude to her and that she had been awake all night over it. And for her to Never bring her Daughter to her appt. Ever again. Now folks, I don't know about you, but I think this is the actions of a very unprofessional, moody, and narcissistic personality! As I mentioned before that phone call was on Speakerphone and all of us could hear, my Dad and sister were also in the room. I would never be rude to a Dr.What would I have to gain? I was helping my sweet Mother! And yes, I will continue to go with her to Dr. appt. in the future, but it won't be to her! Beware!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Dr. Kalafut is extremely prompt for her appointments. Her office staff is kind and informative. Dr. Kalafut has been my doctor for 7 years and I would have a very difficult time finding a doctor to replace her professionalism and skill. I would highly recommend Dr. Kalafut.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

I waited for over an hour and a half before I was taken back to the exam room,then, I waited for another 30 minutes for the doctor. She came in, said that she noticed I had both a back and neck issue and stated that she only dealt with one body part per visit. I told her that I would pay two co-pays and she could bill my insurance for two visits if it would help. She stated that insurances frowned on this and considered it fraud. I stated sarcastically, “Gee, I wouldn’t know why.” She told me to pick a body part and flatly refused to discuss anything to do with the body part not chosen. She then stated if I needed to see her about the other body part I would have to make another appointment. I don’t understand why I had to see Dr. McDonough, then a month later see her only to be sent to physical therapy. Couldn’t Dr. McDonough have sent me? Oh, wait…that would have cut out his partner from getting more insurance money. Avoid these doctors at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Love everything about her and her practice. She has been my doctor for over 10 years and I have sent over 10 people to her. I am a nurse and I know a good doctor when I meet one. She will take great care of you, but if you are a drug seeker, you will be out of luck.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Don't ever go to this dr if you are on workers comp! After having a severe lower back injury, she did no tests, and said it was just a bruised muscle. Yet, a MRI I had done earlier showed significant injury to my lower vertebrates. When I questioned her about my MRI results, she was indignant that I would even question her "expertise". I ended up asking my treating physician for someone else, and was sent to Dallas. I would not recommend Dr. Kalafut to anyone due to lack of caring, lack of communication and lack of treatment and testing. Why have this dr. get paid for doing nothing but type notes onto her laptop.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

Dr. Roberta M. Kalafut's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Abilene, TX