Ratings for Dr. Lisa Gammell

Agree that staff seem short with me at times, but I am grateful for my doctor. I do expect that my waits may be longer but this makes sense since she seems to have all the time in the world for my family. I don't mind this, since I can take care of our problems in one visit. She is very compassionate and intelligent IMO. I feel we are all in great hands and that includes my extended family. Bless you Dr. gammell !

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Long waits, hour + typically. Poorly run office. I have received letters claiming I owe $25 for missing appointments that I went to. Then having the fun of arguing with her staff to the point where I had to show a prescription she had given me on the day of my appointment. My daughter required a referral for a Pediatrician.......my son was already seeing a Pediatrician. I kept asking the Pediatrician's secretary if referal had been received for 3 months she kept saying no. Numerous calls to Gammells office. Not sure which secretary it was Brenda or Sheri told me that Dr. Gammell doesn't give referrals if she feels they are not necessary! So I booked appointment again for daughter told Gammell about what had been going on with staff over referral for daughter who has numerous health problems. She sent referral in front of me & said it was a misunderstanding. If there was not a doctor shortage here I would have found a new doctor for the kids & I long ago! Luckily the kids have a fabulous Pediatrician.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Aside from the angry troll working at the front desk always a pleasure going to see Dr. Gammel, wait times are bad but it's the price you pay to see a pleasant doctor who listens to your problems.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I've never had a doctor quite like Dr. Gammell before. When I go to see her I feel like I'm meeting with a friend. She is kind and relatable, and as someone with a mental illness I'm not exaggerating when I say her sweetness and expertise saved my life! Dr. Gammell does have long wait times, because of the fact she is the best around. She genuinely cares about her patients and thoroughly explains everything you need to know.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Lisa Gammell is a sweet person but as a Doctor she leaves much to be desired. Her patients need to tell her what tests to send them for and then there is no follow up. I was sick and called to get in to see the doctor and the receptionists was rude and hung up on me. I spoke with Dr. Gammel and she said it wouldn't happen again. A few months ago, I was in to see her and a referral was supposed to be sent on my behalf. A month later when I called to see if the referral was received, it was not. When I phone Dr. Gammel's office asking why it wasn't sent, the nasty receptionist told me it was faxed on the same day I was in the office. I asked what number it was faxed to and she gave me the number. The doctor the was supposed to get the referral had not been at that number for approximately 5 years. I told her that and she got defensive and told me she faxed it and it went through. I started to suggest she check to see if the fax was confirmed and she said they know quite well how to run the office and hung up on me again. I sent a test fax through to the number she said she faxed it to and it came back "FAILED". Apparently she doesn't know how to professionally run an office. How little they care if a patient gets taken care of.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

After reading previous comments I must agree, she is very pleasant and knowledgable. Only real downside are the long waits to be seen once in the office. Those complaing about 2 week waits to get in, just imagine the patient load she must have with the shortage of doctors in our area. Be thankful you have a doctor at all. When you're told by the secretaries there are no appointments available be thankful you have access to ERs and walkin clinics. I sit in that office and listen to the abuse those girls take from patients, I hear them being harrassed on the phone and yelled at in person and am appauled. People like you don't deserve the priviledge of having a family doctor if that's how you treat her staff. Those showing up late and demanding to be seen with your high and mighty attitude trying to intimidate staff, would you appreciate having been waiting and seeing someone come in late and they be seen before you. I imagine you would be the first to complain. People like you don't deserve a family doctor when there are so many kind, curtious people out there with no one. People like you should be discharged to allow for those who are appreciative, kind and conciderate to staff. Thank you to Dr. Gammell you and your girls are top notch!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Love her. She is much better than dr. Ryan was. She actually sits and listens. I always enjoy seeing her

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

One secretary is horrible to deal with, should not be working with the public, let alone in a high stress environment like a dr's office. Wait times are atrocious; both waiting to be booked for an appointment, 2-4 weeks, and on the day of the appointment, 1-5 hours. Rarely follows up on tests or specialist appointments. Overall just a terrible experience over the last several years.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I am a newer patient of Dr. Lisa and thankful she has accepted me as a patient. She is very kind and knowledgable, although to get through an office visit you must sit through a coversation about her children and what they have been up to each week. It's a small price to pay to have a family doctor. I have had few dealings with her staff and for the most part they are fine. Brenda is something to be desired with her superior attitude and snippy remarks. Sheri is always pleasant and a pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

My husband was in for an appointment with this doctor which he often waits 2 weeks to get then 1-2 hour wait to be seen. He was upset that during his appointment yesterday a woman came in 3 hours early for her appointment with the same doctor and although the secretary (Brenda) told the woman she was early she also told her it wasn't a problem and that she would be accommodated earlier. As my husband left the office after his 1+ hour wait this other patient was going in to see the doctor only after waiting a half hour. Where is the fairness in that. My husband waits patiently but others can come 3 hours early and be seen within an hour. This is not the first time he has witnessed Brenda doing this very same thing, when a patient comes early or even on the wrong day. Is it all in who you know? Dr. Gammell, you must correct this as it is simply not fair! As far as a doctor, Dr. Gammell is fine.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015