Ratings for Dr. Lisa Gammell

Absolutely am grateful for Dr. Lisa Gammell’s care as a family physician. She is very caring, supportive and always on top of anything I require as a patient.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

The negative comments below are shocking too me. My extended family see Lisa and trust her with our lives. Considering the doctor before ran an assembly line with no time for concerns she is a breath of fresh air. The only knock i see is a wait time to see her sometimes and in the office since she takes her time with people. She doesn’t always know the answer and will TELL you when she doesn’t. Then she will get an answer. She is trustworthy and looks out for all of us . These are qualities i value and I prefer this to a know it all doc who gives you BS to get you out of the office. I will gladly wait for my appointment. Thanks Dr . Gammell!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

Useless. Waste of office space, grants, student funding and too many other things to mention.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2018

Lisa is a very nice person but not a fan of her as a doctor. Her new appointment booking is pathetic. You have to call the day you want an appointment and most of the time she is booked solid so you have to wait for the next day she is in. She only works three days a week which isn't helpful when you can't get in. I feel where she is very kind many think she is a good doctor but I find whenever I go in, I have to diagnose myself and I am like "aren't you the doctor" to myself. I have nothing against Lisa but I feel as a doctor you should know what your talking about to some degree. I really hope Dr. Gammell will change her appointment booking because I find it is really difficult to get in. Her old appointment booking was better, it was better than what it is now. It did take two weeks in to see her most times but at least you knew you were getting an appointment where now you might wait two-three weeks to get in anyway and be frustrated when her secretary says "sorry, we are all booked up today".

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

Lisa and the other docs at the clinic have started a collaborative care clinic and now have same day appointment booking. This is something that most people want , and I know I am in that group. If I cant get in the same day I get in the next. I find it so bad to see people complaining that they cant get an appointment when they want to and then the doctors change their system to accomodate this and people complain about it!! Oh well, I guess thats CB for ya ! As for the new collaborative people, my mother has seen the new nurse and she has a bunch of time to go over things. Doctors would never have that kind of time today so I guess thats really good. I still would prefer Dr Gammells opinion as I know and trust her but Im glad to know that the nurse runs stuff by the doctors regularly .

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Lisa has been an ok doc. Now that she has other doctors working with her it's much easier to be seen. The same day booking is also fantastic. I'm hoping I continue to get to see Delores the nurse. She is much more knowlegable than Lisa and her wait time in the office is minimal.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

New policy calling up the day you want to see her is rediculous! Not everyone can go at the time she is available. I for one have to make arrangements at work and have it approved off before I can go to the Dr. I have a swollen foot with severe pain for 4 weeks now & 2 trips to 2 different hospitals and waited for 7 hours and still didn't see a Dr so I left!!!! So fed up I decided to live with the pain!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Dr. Gammell new policy where you call up the day you want to see her is horrible. I have been trying for 2 weeks to get my 6 month old to get needles and her staff keeps telling me that there are no more appointments for today and to call back tomorrow. At least when Dr.Gammell made appointments you to get in to see her, now I feel like what is the point of having her as family doctor if you can never get in to see her.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Agree that staff seem short with me at times, but I am grateful for my doctor. I do expect that my waits may be longer but this makes sense since she seems to have all the time in the world for my family. I don't mind this, since I can take care of our problems in one visit. She is very compassionate and intelligent IMO. I feel we are all in great hands and that includes my extended family. Bless you Dr. gammell !

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Long waits, hour + typically. Poorly run office. I have received letters claiming I owe $25 for missing appointments that I went to. Then having the fun of arguing with her staff to the point where I had to show a prescription she had given me on the day of my appointment. My daughter required a referral for a Pediatrician.......my son was already seeing a Pediatrician. I kept asking the Pediatrician's secretary if referal had been received for 3 months she kept saying no. Numerous calls to Gammells office. Not sure which secretary it was Brenda or Sheri told me that Dr. Gammell doesn't give referrals if she feels they are not necessary! So I booked appointment again for daughter told Gammell about what had been going on with staff over referral for daughter who has numerous health problems. She sent referral in front of me & said it was a misunderstanding. If there was not a doctor shortage here I would have found a new doctor for the kids & I long ago! Luckily the kids have a fabulous Pediatrician.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017