Ratings for Dr. Sharon Buckwald

Excellent physician, very knowledgeable and attentive to the whole person, including family members.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010

Dr. B could not have been a better doctor for us while we were in NICU, and even now that we aren't! My son, John Clark was in born at 28 weeks four years ago and we were in NICU for 67 days. We had a few doctors on service while we were there, and were happy with all of them. But, Dr. B was by far the best. She helped us feel more comfortable with the treatments and tests by keeping us very well informed, and always being available. Preemies are her passion and I think that treating them is her gift! I am thankful for her everyday!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

Dr. Buckwald took care of our son for one week in the NICU. My husband and I think the world of her. She is a wonderful person who goes out of her way to make sure her little patients and their parents are well taken care of. She spent a lot of time with my husband and I explaining and discussing his care with us. She answered countless questions and reassured us along the way. We will always be grateful to Dr. Buckwald. She is an amazing lady! As a mother, it meant the world to me to know that my son was in such good care. Thank you Dr. Buckwald! You are an angel!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2008

Dr. B is awesome. I wish there were more like her. She is caring, compassionate, and dedicated. Her love for all of her children is evident in the way she speaks to them, cares for them, and supports families. She is extremely intelligent and knowledgeable. Dr. B was honest at all times and treated us with genuineness and respect. We could never have been as strong as we were without her support. She told us things that were not easy for us to hear or easy for her to say. We are so thankful that she was up front and gave us a good idea of what we were facing. Because of her, we get to give our daughter the best chance to be her best. There is not anyone else I would like to have in my corner than Dr. B.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

Dr.B. is a very caring,intelligent,responsible,loving and wonderful woman. I've been through a lot with having babies go to full term. I was thankful to have Dr.B on duty the day that our daughter was born. I was in labor for 3 days and it was way to early to have our daughter. I wasn't even 28 wks. Dr. B came to my room and talked to me about the chances and that she would do everthing for our daughter. On that scary day I delivered a tiny but willing to fight 24 wk baby girl.I remember Dr. B looking at me and saying she is fine and they took her away. Dr. B made sure from that day on that our daughter got the very best care. This care was spread among all the other babies in the NICU as well. Dr. B was very straight forward informing us about things our daughter may or may not face. She never keep us in the dark about anything. Our daughter spent many months in the NICU and has been doing great home. We thank Dr. B for having the caring heart that many Dr's lack and her Jazy does to.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2008

My twins were born at 29 weeks, I was life flighted to Greenville from Morehead City. (Not by Choice) I wanted to go to Raleigh, which is where I have family and a 2nd home. After everything was said and done, I could not Thank God more than to allow my family to be in Greenville. Dr. B was on call for the weekend and it was her month to be on duty. I am so thankful that she was the twins doctor. She was and still is the sweetest lady that I have ever met. She cared for my twins and the other 50 some babies as if they were her own. She loves her babies and what she does. You will never find another person that loves what they do quite like she does. I was so sad the day we left, for what we were leaving. Our Dr. B, our nurses, and more. We still keep in touch with Dr. B and she still is checking in to make sure that they are on track with what they sould be doing. We miss Dr. B so much and wish we could go visit her and the nurses every month. We Love You and Miss You. The Twins

flag | Submitted August 27, 2008

Have an incredible love of children. She always looked out for our twin boys.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

Dr. B, is one of the best doctors I have ever met. When our son Caleb was in the NICU she not only took care of us but also my whole family. She always wanted to know how I was doing or if I had any questions for her. This was the most scariest time I have ever been through but she helped us understand what was going on with our son. She was very thorough with every examination that she did on him. Not only our child but she showed love and compassion as well to the other babies that were around us. The most memorable moment that my husband and I remember is that when our son was crying for whatever reason and we could not calm him down she immediately came around the corner and personally stroked his head and talked to him and soothed him until he took his pacifier again. She was very informative with the issues our son was going through and always took the time needed to explain every detail. You can definetly tell that those babies are her passion in life. We love her very much!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008

The most amazing and caring Dr I have ever met! She went out of her way to inform us what was going on with our babies. She always took time to meet with us one on one and talk to us. Always very forthcoming about issues and goals. It was very scary at times to speak with her concerning the issues our babies faced but Dr. B did it in a gentle and loving way. She never spoke down to us in any way and went out of her way to contact us concerning care. Dr. B is very down to earth and approachable. I personally saw her trying to get parents, who didn't give a damn, to come in to see their babies. Dr B cares and it shows.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

Dr. Buckwald was extremely helpful. She made me feel if my infant was the patients in the NICU. I was always kept informed about my infant's health.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008

Dr. Sharon Buckwald's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

MSP/BC Med