Ratings for Dr. Ian Weir

Dr. Weir has been my Dentist for many years. After not having a visit in a few years, I found myself in dire need of a lot of work. I was uncomfortable smiling due to the state of my teeth. When I left my second and final appointment, I immediately felt a change. I was happy to smile. Dr. Weir is a lifesaver and I am forever grateful for the work that he did.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I worked as an assistant to several dentists in broad ranging practice areas and then taught the assisting program until after I started a family. We have five children and have been treated by Dr. Ian Weir for the past 10 years and more recently his son, Dr. Gordon Weir. From my experience in the dental field and our family's dental care, it's always a joy to visit this dental office for its professional, expert and friendly care. At each visit, time is taken to explain what is happening and what is needed, with no pressure to accept what is being offered, while efforts are made to help reduce anxiety and to explain and work with patients to help receive the maximum benefits from their insurance agencies. Dentistry has come a long way since I worked in the field. Saving teeth is and should be an utmost priority which is why we've stayed with Dr. Weir. The large fillings I'd had since I was young, resulted in weakened tooth structures and serious cracks. I'm so grateful for the crowns I now have and can eat on those teeth again. Dr. Weir saved me money from future implants or the limitations of dentures I observed in the many senior patients I worked with. From the home baked cookies, warm blankets and relaxing nitrous oxide to routine cleanings, dental care here is highly recommended. Thank you Drs. Ian and Gordon and your wonderful staff!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

What a GREAT start to the New Year! I have been a patient of Doctor Ian Weir for several years, and have always been very impressed with every aspect of his practice. Whether I’m there for a cleaning a filling, or a crown; the staff are very friendly & highly professional. They are always warm and welcoming. I’m never made to wait and when I’m there for a longer visit, a nice blanket is provided for my comfort during procedures. Doctor Weir has also hired highly skilled assistants, they are never far from my side and always explain each step as they go along. When I have questions about billing, the wonderful front office staff takes the time to explain the charges and how it will be billed. Over the past couple of years, my two front teeth have been chipping. Dr. Weir suggested that I should have them replaced with crowns for several reasons; one being that my front teeth were for the most part, all fillings. I hesitated for a long time but Doctor Weir was very patient and understanding and never pressured me. I finally made the decision to have crowns done and my only question is “Why did I wait so long?”. As soon as he handed me the mirror, I almost cried. I have a beautiful brand new smile and that, in turn has given me a brand new attitude. I can’t believe what a difference the crowns have made. I spent the Christmas season, and the start of this new year smiling…all the time. I feel like I have been transformed. I’m so grateful to him. He saw the smile that I could have, and made it happen. The procedure was done with great precision and skill. My new teeth look so natural, and the best part is no one knows exactly why I look so different. People have been commenting; saying, “you look great, did you just come back from holidays?”. I just smile and say; “YES! I just had a wonderful “holiday”.” I also want to comment on, Doctor Gordon Weir whom I have seen, as an emergency patient. He made himself available to do a filing when I was in a great deal of pain, and rearranged his schedule to accommodate me. I was very grateful for all his care and skill. The apple doesn’t fall from the tree! 

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

He is a knowledgeable doctor, but he has a major flaw - Dr Weir thinks too much about money, he will perform unnecessary procedures on you because of that. That's not acceptable for a doctor. Otherwise he is knowledgeable, but both he and his son (who I suspect is coached by his father) are performing and choosing procedures which other doctors will substitute for more effective and cheaper work. And you don't want everything in your mouth extracted and crowned because the doctor needs a new BMW or another cottage.

Submitted November 14, 2016

I would recommend Dr Ian Weir to everyone! Since developing an intense fear of the dentist during my childhood, I admittedly avoided going for years. In 2010, after ignoring a tooth infection for much longer than I should have, I read about Dr Weir online and decided to call his office for an appointment. Right from that first phone call, I felt so comfortable and they were so sensitive to my fear that I proceeded to go in for a visit. Dr Weir advised that he had to perform an emergency extraction the next morning, and he made sure that I felt 100% safe and comfortable with the decision, and throughout the procedure. Due to my fear and my high anxiety, I decided to be put to sleep, and all I remember is feeling so comfortable and pain free once the procedure was over. I didn't need to take any pain killers, nor did I have any complications with the extraction. I have since been back to see Dr Weir, and I'm on track to being able to get a cleaning done without sedation. I'm so thankful for Dr Weir and his staff; they are the most professional, non-judgmental, warm and welcoming medical team I've ever been a patient of. Thank you Dr Ian Weir and your excellent staff!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr. Weir is the absolute best dentist around. Makes me feel at ease, comfortable and has the best sense of humour. Luckily for us, now his son has joined his practice and he's equally pleasant. Thank God for the Weirs.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

I can't speak highly enough about Dr. Weir. I travelled from Wpg just to see him and wasn't disappointed. He is very engaging and has the ability to put a person immediately at ease. I was only in town for two weeks and he managed to work his schedule, and that of his lab, around my dates to accomplish a large amount of work. He surrounds himself with excellent staff, from the front desk to the assistants and manager. I always felt well cared for. I will definitely be seeing him again.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Best Dentist ever, awesome personality, highly educated and skilled in his work. Been with him for years and so has my family. There is no better

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr. Weir has been an absolute God send for my family. He fixed all my teeth issues, put a crown, fixed my crooked fron two teeth and made it look absolutlely gorgeous. Also charged me very reasonably for work that may have costed me a ton more elsewhere. I love his bedside manner and he is truly genuine and looks out and wants the best for his patients. My son had a complicated cavity and he worked really swiftly to get it resolved and was also very endearing and patient with my son's fussiness. I am so blessed to have found such a great dentist. I had a very bad experience with a dentist previously so finding Dr.Weir felt sweet!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Absolutely Amazing!! I have been a patient of Dr. Ian Weir's for many years now and I have stayed with him because he is a most excellent dentist, the best in his field. He also has such a nice personality, a great conversationist, which can relax anyone, even though you are sitting in a chair with you mouth wide open, as he works on your teeth. This past spring, he crowned my six front upper teeth, and I am so pleased with his work. Dr. Weir literally gave me back my smile, and I am so grateful to him for that. I no longer consciously hide my smile, no need to, it is beautiful! Crowns look so natural - better than my own teeth ever did and I should have made the decision to have my teeth crowned much sooner, they look so good. Just some other comments I should mention to include his staff - they are great - the front reception desk in booking my appointments (or me changing them), my hygienist is wonderful, - all appointments run on time and I have never had to wait. It is a great practice with excellent staff, who all work so well together.

Submitted August 29, 2015