You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Greg Buchko

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

Excellent Doctor, Great Mustache, Very experienced and Knowledgeable. Doesn't talk much though so if you have questions ask or bring them, he will answer them thoroughly, if not, he won't tell you too much but I did a lot of research online so it was all good.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

A month ago Dr. Buchko did an anterior stabilization on my right shoulder. I watched the whole surgery on a screen and he always explained what he was doing. It was extremely interesting and instructive. After the surgery I had no pain! I took 1 painkiller the first night (of the 100 that have been prescribed) and didn't need a second one. Dr. Buchko answered all my questions, before, during and after surgery. Very knowledgeable, very friendly, I almost forgot I am going for a surgery! The Banff hospital was great too, all staff was knowledgeable, helpful and friendly!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Dr. Buchko did ACL reconstructions on both of my knees last year (approx. 6 weeks apart). I found Dr. Buchko to be very knowledgeable about all things knees and on each occasion took the time to take me through the procedure or answer any questions that I had. In this regard, I believe he is superior to many of his peers. I think all of his surgeries are done at the Banff Springs Mineral Hospital, which is an excellent facility in which I received the best of care. Some of the follow up appointments are in Banff, but the travel time is a small price to pay for access to such a great surgeon and facility.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr.Buchko performed Arthroscopic surgery on my knee for a torn meniscus. I went in for my consultation and was scheduled for surgery 2 weeks later. Surgery went well and the recovery was even better. I went to the gym 1 month after surgery and was back to playing soccer fulltime 3 months after surgery. Thanks for everything Dr.Buchko!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

Dr. Buchko and his assistant Roberta are fabulous! Saw him for a consultation, then surgery, and one post-op visit so far. Each time I'm asked if I have any questions or concerns. Dr. Buchko is very efficient and does not use big medical terms to explain things. I had my surgery (ACL revision & HTO) early morning, he checked in to see how I was feeling that afternoon, then twice the following day. Very impressive!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2012

Dr. B did a great job on my knee. The staff and his OR assistants were all top-notch. I chose to have him scope my knee rather than wait years to have it done in Calgary. Would do it again (hopefully won't have to!)

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

I had an ACL reconstruction surgery with Dr. Buchko earlier this month and he was great to deal with, as was all of the staff and the Banff Hospital. They made my first hospital stay and surgery much less nerve wracking than I was expecting. Thank you!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

I thought Dr. Buchko was great. He was very professional and knowledgeable with none of the ego that normally accompanies a surgeon. Dealing with his secretary in Calgary was difficult but Roberta in Banff is fine.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Thank you Dr. Bushko for the excellent tendon repair that you did on my right elbow. The staff are terrific, and he was so friendly and professional. I had suffered for a year and a half in Calgary, physio, etc with not great results. Finally an MRI showed that I have a small tear which turned out to be tons and tons of scar tissue that had also built up. I finally was referred to Dr. Bushko. He did the operation in a couple of months, it would have taken me over a year in Calgary and I use my right arm constantly in my job. I am still in the healing phase but it is coming along nicely, even the scar looks great. Thank you so much again DR. Bushko. The drive to Banff is so worth it!!!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010

Dr. Greg Buchko's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great job on trimming the cartridge in my knee. Hospital and staff friendly and knowledgeable."

November 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Doctor, Great Mustache, Very experienced and Knowledgeable. Doesn't talk much though so if you have questions ask or bring them, he will answer them t..."

July 25, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.banffsportmed.ca" to "http://www.banffsportmed.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "T1L1" to "T1L". Address has been updated from "None" to "301 Lynx Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14037602897".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A month ago Dr. Buchko did an anterior stabilization on my right shoulder. I watched the whole surgery on a screen and he always explained what he was doing. It..."

November 7, 2014