Ratings for Dr. Greg Buchko

Awesome surgeon! Fixed my ankle right up by removing a bone spur that stopped me dead in my tracks. Walked out of hospital and was back running 1 month later. Answered all my questions and I knew exactly what to expect. Thank you!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I had a partial tear and detachment of the shoulder labrum. After four months from injury I had my first MRI to confirm injury. Saw Dr. Buchko one month later for a consult. Two months later I was in surgery. Six weeks after I had my follow up and received the go ahead for rehab. It’s over three years since my surgery and I’m always amazed how good it is. I was so lucky to have Buchko as my surgeon. It’s better than my none surgical shoulder which doesn’t even have an injury that I know of. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

didn't give me 5 min of his time... bad follow up and left me with lots of questions

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Just did an ACL allograph replacement and meniscus repair in my knee and could not be happier. My pain was easily managed after surgery and I was off the prescription pain killers in less than a week. I just had my first follow up physio appointment and I have surpassed the range of movement goals for the first couple weeks already. Very pleased I chose to do the surgery and should be able to play all my sports again! I've also heard from nurses, physiotherapists etc not associated with Dr. Buchko or the Banff Sports Clinic that this is the best place for any orthopedic surgery in the Calgary region.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr. Buchko is the man. He has fixed my knee and two shoulders (stabilization). His attitude and skill level are world class. It all starts before surgery with his precise diagnostics and no frills approach to things. He has one goal: to make you function better. During surgery, he works hard and never cuts corners, making sure he properly addresses issues. After surgery, pain levels and functionality have been incredible. I got to watch all three surgeries and his willingness to explain things and ask questions throughout is humbling. As an athlete, I couldn't continue to compete without him.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

He did my bunion surgery on both sides of both of my feet. That's right, 4 bunions! He did an incredible job, I literally walked out of the hospital the same day. I'm so grateful that he was able to give me my life back. Before surgery, I stopped all physical activities (which is hard when you live in Banff!) because the pain was unbearable. Thank you so so sooo much for making life enjoyable again!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Could not have been more pleased. I'm 30 days in to recovery and moving right along. Very professional and efficient. Explained everything and answered questions in greater detail for me. Felt at ease and well taken care of. Thank you!!!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Knocked it out of the park again. He's the best. He did ACL reconstruction on my right knee 2012 and my left knee 2016. Could not ask for a better surgeon. The wait time was about 6 months from injury. He asked me if I had questions and I said no. Everything was explained perfectly. Doctor Buchko = the man!! Hats off to the supporting staff as well. They treated me like a professial athlete even though I'm just some ski bum who knows better :)

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

He did my knee and I would recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Great job on trimming the cartridge in my knee. Hospital and staff friendly and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015