Ratings for Dr. Cheryl Appel

This doctor is very knowledgeable in the area of adolescent medicine. She works with the physical emotional social and behavioral aspects of adolescents and young adults. She is thorough in her medical assessments and really takes the time to listen to the patient as well as parent. She provides individualized care and telephones patients if she is working with them on self managing any behavioral issues. Dr. Appell also refers as necessary to other professionals and seems to have many connections with dieticians, nutritionists, and therapists. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

I thought she was the best doctor ever until I really needed help and she completely abandoned me. No termination letter, no appropriate referral. She made me feel like I was special and like she could really help me, went the extra mile for me and became the only person I trusted almost like a substitute psychiatrist. But then she dropped me as a patient, like I was hopeless and worthless. I'm still not "over" it. I don't know if it ever stops hurting when you finally let someone in and feel accepted by someone and let them care about you (or believe that they care about you) only to have them abandon you, especially when it's a doctor who you at one time credited with saving your life.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Cheryl Appel's Credentials

• Univ Del Noreste, Esc De Med, Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico (Grad. 1981)