Ratings for Dr. Michael Newton

Made my 4th visit to an emergency in 1 because nobody could figure out my issues. FINALLY after my most recent visit to the ER I met Doctor Newton and he spent time with me and really cared. He ran the proper tests and made phone calls to get me into surgeon quickly . He was very discreet with his explanation of what was going on - He asked questions and generally seemed concerned and wanted to help in any way. Thank you so much Dr. Newton - I am hoping the surgeon is as caring as you

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

2 hour wait is normal. Receptionist at new office not helpful.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

Dr. Newton has been my Dr. since 1990. His wait times are long, but he has always come through for any issue I've had. Since the move to Aldergrove, I've seen him three times, after longs waits. I am truly shocked though, at the terrible reception I received from his clerical staff. The ladies were uncaring, rude and refused to be flexible in any way. In fact, one hung up on me because I told her I had been waiting on the phone 15 mins. On top of this, I waited for 3 months for a letter that I needed - they didn't care about my distress and did very little in the way of getting the letter completed. I don't mind the drive from Abbotsford there, but those ladies need a lesson in professionalism and caring. I'm not sure Dr. Newton understands what patients are experiencing from the Office staff.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

Dr. Newton is a great Dr. However, I agree with previous reviews his admin staff at the new office and the “office manager” is very rude and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Made my 3rd visit to the Abbotsford ER in 2 weeks because previous doctors kept telling me nothing was wrong. Wait 4 hours to see a doctor and then spent 2 minutes with them and get nothing out of it. FINALLY after my most recent visit to the ER I met Doctor Newton and he spent time with me and really cared. He made phone calls to get me into a specialist the next day. He asked questions and generally seemed concerned and wanted to help in any way. Thank you Dr. Newton

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

Dr. Newton has been my family doctor for 20+ years. He has always been helpful and really listens to your questions and concerns. I’ve also always been surprised with his efforts to connect with his patients on a personal level which makes trips to the doctor stress free (I don’t enjoy dr appointments). He is a busy man which can be frustrating - nobody enjoys being stuck in a waiting room for 2 hours, and his administrative staff could really use a “face-lift” but it’s honestly worth the wait.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

Since Dr Newton have moved to Aldergrove, he has hired a new receptionist who is quite rude sounding, and not very pleasant to talk to.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

Tired of making appointments and waiting two hours or more to get in

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Now if everybody who is here complaining on and on and ON that his wait times are too long, left, and found another Dr. Then maybe the rest of us, wouldn't have to wait as long! ;) lol YES I Know And EXPECT a wait when going to see him, however, as I said, i EXPECT it, so, I plan around it, call to check in, and usually end actually up waiting around 15 mins...Plus I get my running around done at same time.WIN~WIN! I would wait for him, ANY day! I stated seeing him 18 years ago when I was pregnant with my son. He caught something wrong with my sons father, that MANY other Dr's missed. That level of competence was all I needed to convince me to give him a shot...and I've never looked back! I'm at least 20 years younger than him...I already fear the day he retires, and I will be left with someone who is not him!! EEK! Thanks Doc Newton, You are much loved!! :)

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Have had this doctor for many years. May take time to see him however worth the wait

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018