Ratings for Dr. Joe McDougall

i WENT TO THIS SOCALLED DR ABOUT A AILMENT FOR 3 years.nothing was being done about my health problem I had to look up a specialist my self . dr mcdougall then refered me to him. not being a dr myself i picked the wrong kind i went back to mcdougall and the same disregard of my health from him i finaly booked a appiontment with nancy oxner the nurse practitioner she looked in my med file and seen the disregard he had in me as a patient . she even pointed this out in my file she then made a appiontment with a specialist i was then booked in for a operation only 4 WEEKS later i that nancy oxner is nolonger at the harvey hospital . its no wonder she was probebly overwellmed with his paitents with which he deglects im sure its not going to be long before the new nurse practitioner leaves the hospital because of his neglect and irosponsible ways i can honestly say he needs some help from a different kind of doctor and as far as being a religious person i feel the same way , if he is so religious then why is he making patients suffer as i did and so many others that i have heard from im not going to stop until hes out of practise .i went through ll because ofhim it was vary painfull now its his turn1111

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Told me everything I did not want to hear but it was true. Stop Smoking, Drink Less Alcohol, Less Coffee and Get Exercise and we may be able to treat this sleep problem. He took time to explain how this contributed to anxious feelings and not being able to rest.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Took our daughter to the hospital as she was in severe pain (belly), he was on duty. With no context he claimed it was from stress, and that she needed to seek "spirituality" in her life otherwise she won't be able to get by, especially tried to drive this home when he ascertained we were non religious. Did no tests, nothing based on science or medicine, just undermined our parenting and made her feel bad about herself. This man needs his license removed. We're following up with a formal complaint.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Some people are rude. If in your job, you were rated based on your services and then publically shamed, I would hope you would think twice about your ignorance stated below.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

Went to him for 2 years with the same problem. My last meeting he told me I should start attending church and pray. I was so offended I didn;t know what to do. I wrote a letter and complained to the NB Physicians board.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2014

flag | Submitted October 17, 2009

Pill pusher, rude and careless.. does nothing the right way, and has misdiagnosed many of my older family memebers over the years. I would never go to this man, ever!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

I don't go to this Dr. anymore but some of my family members stii do-----I do not think he is a good Dr. although he is friendly and likable.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007

I have found him to be a caring and knowledgeable MD. Has cared for me and membersof my family for years, and has shown nothing but compassion and caring for us all. It troubles me that some comments are based on isolated instances and not comments by those of us who have been his patients for years. Believe me he cares and when anything is suspected beyond our small hospitals capabilities , he is quick to referral to a suitable specialist. Keep up the good work Dr Joe.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2007

I had this doctor in the emergency and he saved my life...extremely caring

flag | Submitted February 9, 2007