Ratings for Dr. Joseph Spano

I've been seeing Dr. Spano for my entire life. Usually I find him to be very thorough and shows a high level of care. He seems to take a better safe than sorry approach when it comes to ordering tests and referrals to specialists which I really appreciate. My only concern is lately I've had some follow up appointments where he seems confused about why I'm there even though he had requested me to come in. I really just wish he'd look over my file before entering the room - because I feel as though I have to offer a recap of my health issues each time I see him. Overall he is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Been with Dr. Spano for many years. Kind considerate gentleman. Can't be expected to remember every person he see's. Dr. Spano, thank you for everything. Really wish I could get the rest of my family in to you. Rating? 10 out of 10 easy.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Patient ,competent, knowledge based doctor for over thirty years. Very steady and respectful of his staff and patients. A busy practice that in last few years does not deal with the unexpected problem. A good reason to work with nurse practitioners and let the physicians do there jobs.dr spano is kind and very open to people's health problems. Thank you Dr. Spano

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Long wait for appointments (min. 2 weeks). Have re-occuring UTI's and end up in emergency room because the secretary cannot squeeze me in. It would take an entire 5 mins to hand a script with antibiotics. Awful and will find new doctor! The nurse and the secretary are always in a bad mood and could not be bothered or show any empathy towards patients. Ridiculous!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Awful, just awful. I called in today to get an appointment (April 1st) and I can't get in until April 15th. That's two weeks! I said I have a cold I'd like to get something for and the reception lady said I'd have to go wait in the ER. That's exactly what the ER shouldn't be used for. Most doctors set aside some space for people like myself that just need a quick checkup and prescription, but not Spano. His nurse always is grumpy as well. Between the three of them, no competency at all. Guess I'll go to the walk in clinic which has been like my main go to since Spano is a joke.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

In 1998 Dr spanos waited 30 days to inform me I had a brain tumor. Dr Spano called me personally not his staff to ask me to come in for the results. He blamed the Chatham hospital for not sending him the report until that point. I had to go to the hospital to retrieve the ct scan and at that time i asked why they took so long...... the nurse laughed and said let me show you something... it was a log book that showed Spanos office signed for the results the same day the scan was done. The radiologist called spanos office to ask why no one had picked up the scans as it showed a tumor and would be needed...... I stayed with spano as my tumor was benign and after a craniotomy I was fine. Fast forward to sep 2014 I go to spano complaining of abdominal pain... several tests and labs that show high amylase and lipalase Dr Spano concludes a script for pantaloc will suffice...... I never once said i had heart burn acid reflux or anything even close.... I through the script in the garbage and the symptoms subsided.... The symptoms started back this past april 2015. I chose to go to the ER instead of Spano... Long story shortened... Pancreatic cancer. .. I have had Whipple Surgery and the cancer has spread. My life is now going to be cut short and had a proper diagnosis been given months earlier I may have a much better prognosis...... Dr. Spano RETIRE and help save some lives. S.Chisholm

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I have been fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Spano for over thirty years! Dr. Spano is kind, and very knowledgeable. He has been great in helping me with many health concerns. Thank you, Dr. Spano and staff!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Joe is a great doctor...highly dedicated to his practice, his patients and the profession as a whole...wouldn't want any other

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Have been with Doctor Spano for near 30 years and he's always been great. If he's ever unsure of something, he'll refer you to the correct specialist which is great that he doesn't act like he knows like some of the doctors at the walk-in clinic. 5/5 Dr Spano.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Dr Spano is an excellent doctor. He has been our doctor for over 30 years. He is always willing to carefully listen to what the problem/s are and orders the appropriate tests. He is also willing to send you to a specialist should you require it. I appreciate everything he has done for myself and my family. Thank you Doctor Spano.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015