Ratings for Dr. John Beal

Been going to Dr. Beal for 20 years , never had a problem. Never had any problems with him. Always helpful.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Went to him for a referral for a plastic surgeon for an osteoplastic procedure, screamed at me because I asked for one, appointment over. Then I go in for a scheduled appointment and he starts going on complaining about how he has to refer me during our appointment. There was another incident where I went to him with symptoms of an ear infection, and he told me something must be wrong with me because "people my age" do not get ear infections. I was 19... He also forgets things and gave me a referral to a gyno for a pap test twice because he apparently did not remember referring me a couple months back. He also doesn't read any info submitted by other doctors, as I had a breast lump looked at with another doctor and he flipped out at me. The information was all there in my file because when I saw my gyno earlier this week, she brought it up because it was in my file. I avoid him as much as possible and go to the UNB Health Centre where it is free as I am a student; and the doctors are kind, compassionate, care about your mental and physical health, and are KNOWLEDGEABLE.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

The staff are very nice, but it's almost impossible to get through to anyone at the office on the phone. Be prepared to drive there to make an appointment. Unfortunately, Dr. Beal is overtly rude and dismissive. His knowledge is also weak. I had a serious drug reaction to a prescription that should never be mixed with a prescription that I was already on. He did not reference my past file history at all. I will generally go to the morning clinic as it's easier to get a hold of anyone and I'll be treated with actual consideration.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Dr Beal has been my family doctor my entire life. He is incredibly arrogant and rude. No bedside manner . I hadn't seen doctor Beal for almost 10 years when he had to take me back on because I was pregnant my first appointment back with him i heard him complaining to his receptionist as to why he had "a new" patient right outside the room I was in waiting for him to see me. He belittles you and makes you feel stupid . He doesn't listen to anything you have to say. Just recently got frustrated when I had my baby with me for an appointment . He told me to come back without her because she was crying and for a moment he couldn't hear my blood pressure .He has no compassion I am uncomfortable talking to him and I dread Dr appointments . Please retire Dr beal . I would rather have no doctor than have you maybe than have a chance at getting a things properly diagnosed

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

wish i had a better doctor :( ....................................................................................................

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Ive been going to him for a long time, I have tried to get another Doctor but have no luck as they are scarce. He is rude, arrogant and an A$$. I have suffered for over 10yrs with leg pain, have told him numerous times about my hips only to be sent to Physio numerous times, didnt work. Now after arguing with him I was on a list to see Hip Surgeon which he could of put me there yrs ago but never. Ive suffered for a long time needlessly in my opinion, everytime I go there he belittles me an even told me once he would see me in a wheelchair. He kept telling me for yrs I was to young to get my hips done , Im 52 an I noticed the earliest age at the surgeons office for surgery was 28. So he needs to get with the Medical Times get more info obviously, he also refuses to give me pain Meds, which I could use right now till my surgery, I think he likes to see people suffer. His bedtime manner is horrendous an I could tell you lots about it. He needs to follow another Dr around an learn compassion an how to care for your patients. Im seriously thinking of the clinics after my hips are done because otherwise Im healthy I hope he retires soon. He is only a Family Doctor not a specialist which he thinks he is.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

I have to say that this man is 1 in a million.... not a good thing. I'll have to say this first, his staff, although sometimes hard to get a hold of, are very helpful and kind. That's where the good experience stops. I've read the comments on here and find it very funny that 99% of the good comments were given within 2 months back in '07. Somebody must've been on a mission. Regardless, this buffoon is the most arrogant a$$ wipe you could ever lay eyes on. Like others have stated, he should retire as I would be much better off without him in my life. In one visit, I had to talk to him about an issue with my "nether regions". His response was ... "You shouldn't be fiddling around down there anyway!".... It was later diagnosed as a hernia. Doctor Beal, retire please!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Terrible doctor, everytime you go see him he never knows why you are commin to see him. awful manors as well

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I have been seen by Dr. Beal for 20 years or so. Each visit is like the first, in the sense that Dr. Beal appears not to have any idea who I am when he enters the exam room.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

dr beal does not like to discuss more than one issue per appointment. i try to ask him for help but he seems annoyed with me. also, when i was pregnant i was considering adoption and when i changed my mind he got very cold with me, he was just all around mean to me.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011