Ratings for Dr. Allan Liew

I am just 2 days post op from my ACL reconstruction with Dr. Liew and I must say that my experience so far with him has been fantastic. Everything from the consult to the actual surgery, I felt that he took the time to answer all my questions. He has excellent bedside manners, is very personable and was extremely easy to talk to. I would also like to mention that his assistant Elaine is phenomenal. She was professional and efficient at responding to all my questions. She definitely contributed to the positive experience I have had so far. Thank you both so much! Looking forward to my recovery.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

I've been blessed to have been under the care of Dr. Liew for 4 separate knee surgeries 93 Meniscus tears and 1 ACL reconstruction). He has always been very friendly and knowledgeable, taking the time to explain the procedure to me even thought it wasn't my first rodeo. Now for his Assistant Elain, I CAN'T say enough wonderful things about her. She is nothing short of AMAZING. If not for her I'd probably still be waiting to get a few things fixed. She on several occasions when beyond above and beyond to help me and has been a delight to deal with.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

He was late more than an hour (for 9:30am appointment), but I still give him 3 out of 5 for punctuality. Bottom line (justification for low Helpfulness/Knowledge mark): if what X-Ray and MRI scans show is completely at odds with the symptoms and what the patient is experiencing, then it is time for further investigation. One just cannot brush it off. If you have a problem that can be easily identified (and most of the problems in his profession may fall into that category), then he may be the doctor of your choice. If the problem is not easily identifiable (and requires "thinking outside the box"), then don't waste your time. Very friendly though. Problem solving skills: 0 out of 5.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

I recently fell from a 10-12ft roof and shattered my calcaneous (heel). Waited a week for surgery in hospital until swelling went down. All of the orthopedic residents were excellent. Dr. Liew did my surgery June 28th, 2014. Had my first follow-up with him in July. I have never had a doctor/surgeon take that much time with me, patiently answer all my questions and not rush me along. I heard him interacting with others in the clinic that day and he was so warm and kind with everyone. The residents and nursing staff all commented on how lucky I was to have had him as my surgeon. Not completely sure of my outcome yet, long road ahead , but I feel confident that with his skills he will have given me the best chance for an excellent outcome.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Liew is the best doctor I've ever been a patient of. He performed bankart repair surgery on my shoulder in August and my shoulder has been feeling better than ever. Not only did the surgery go very well, but I have met with him numerous times both before and after the surgery and he is extremely patient and took the time to answer all the questions and concerns I had. He was never in a rush to move on to the next patient like I have experienced with many other doctors in the past. I must also tip my hat to his staff as they are all extremely professional and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2013

Have never written a review before. Saw Dr Liew in fall of 2009 for spontaneous shoulder pain which started May 2008 and kept getting worse. He accused me of surgery shopping. Said all I needed was to work with bands for 5 minutes a day. Turns out I had both a torn bicep tendon and torn rotator cuff which required 2 separate surgeries. Surgeon told me the tears were so imbedded and deep which was reason they didn't show up on MRI. Dr Liew needs to pay more attention to what patient is telling him and not make preconceived decisions.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

I ruptured my Achilles' tendon several months ago and was successfully repair with prompt surgery by Allan Liew. I am back to runnng and sport. Coming from myself who is aslo ansurgeon he is excellent, meticulous and I would consider him consider him the "surgeon's surgeon". That Allan.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013

I recently suffered a torn pectoralis tendon. Dr.Liew's staff was very professional and supportive and made the process enjoyable. Dr. Liew took the time to discuss my injury and was very helpful in providing me the information with which to decide what course of action I should take based on my lifestyle (I'm very active). After the surgery - which went extremely well - he took the time to call me that night to see how I was doing. I highly recommend Dr. Liew!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

I want to thank Dr. Liew for his professionalism when I was admitted to the Ottawa Civic Hospital last summer. (June 2012). I had an open fracture of the tibia and fibula while playing soccer. My rehabilitation went extremely well. Just after 5 weeks I was able to walk without crutches and 7 weeks after my injury I was able to bike. Now I am back on the soccer field. Again thank you to Dr. Liew and the whole team of the Ottawa Civic Hospital.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I had a bad experience with another doctor who looked at my ACL. Dr Liew was "on my side" and repaired my ACL quickly and did great work. Several years later, I'm 100 per cent, and often have trainers absolutely shocked to hear I had part of my hamstring harvested and ACL replaced. Thank you!!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013