You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Chris Smith

Dr Smith delivered my first baby recently and was also my OB throughout the pregnancy. He was occasionally late but every appointment he asked if I had any questions and took time to answer them. He came by to check on me several times when I was in the hospital, as he was the doctor on call. He also ended up needing to use forceps during the delivery and, magically, I didn't even need stitches! I will definitely go to Dr. Smith with any future pregnancies.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I had the worst experience with him during my first pregnancy. He was awful. He would not answer questions. He overbooked, often leaving you waiting for an hour or more in his office, that did not have a bath room. His wife is the secretary and she was just plain rude. Never said hi or greeted any one upon arrival. He gave birth to my son, and made it a horrific experience. I did not want forceps. So he used them. He broke my water without telling me he was going to, couldn't have waited until my hubby was out of the washroom. Just over all a terrible experience. I have switched doctors for this pregnancy.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Smith has been my OB for both my children. The staff is excellent, except the receptionist can be a bit short in temperament. I only had one appointment where I was 30-45 minutes late getting in to see him but this was due to him delivering a baby. I never feel rushed in my appointments with him and my questions are always answered. He has great bedside manner, not intimidating or pushy, and always made me feel comfortable in those awkward situations. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for an excellent OB in the Woodstock area.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I had to find my own OB, as my family doctor is out of town and was not able to provide a referral in Woodstock. I picked Dr. Smith based on these reviews and was very happy with my choice. He was great during the appointments (rating him based on punctuality I don't think is entirely fair, as he did have to leave at one point to go deliver for another patient and I don't think that can be held against him). Although he is busy, I did not feel rushed at any of my appointments and he always took the time to answer any questions. I delivered on a Friday and he came in twice to see me that day, once in the morning to break my water and then later in the early evening to deliver my daughter. My husband was very impressed with his calmness during the delivery!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Dr Smith delivered 6 of my babies and performed surgery for ectopic pregnancy. I have always received excellent care and I truly feel that he is very capable and nowledgeble as well as caring. I would definitely reccomend this doctor!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Smith is highly professional and super helpful. He has a wealth of knowledge and is an overall excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Dr. Smith was a great voice for me against my own family physician when he wanted to follow me during my high-risk pregnancies, whereas my GP thought it best if he continued with me. He ran many tests to rule out any possibilities, and took great care of my kids and I. Unfortunetly he has yet to deliver any of my kids, hopefully with the next one.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

I saw Dr. Smith for a D & C after a MC. He had a very abrupt bedside manner and did not seem compassionate at all. He showed up right before I was put under anaesthesia and didn't even speak to me. A little reassurance would have gone a long way. There was no follow-up whatsoever. I could not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

Excellent doctor, make you feel very comfortable and he listens to you. Would highly recommend him to anyone. Probably the best doctor I have every dealt with and I wish he was my family physican.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

I ripped having my first baby and he then stitched me up. When I went to see my family Dr, he then took out all my stitches & restitched me up..not impressed with this part.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2010

Dr. Chris Smith's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Smith delivered my first baby recently and was also my OB throughout the pregnancy. He was occasionally late but every appointment he asked if I had any ques..."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had the worst experience with him during my first pregnancy. He was awful. He would not answer questions. He overbooked, often leaving you waiting for an hour..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Smith has been my OB for both my children. The staff is excellent, except the receptionist can be a bit short in temperament. I only had one appointment whe..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had to find my own OB, as my family doctor is out of town and was not able to provide a referral in Woodstock. I picked Dr. Smith based on these reviews and ..."

December 4, 2014