Ratings for Dr. Chris Smith

Dr. Smith delivered me, and my daughter. He was just outstanding. He was very helpful and understanding and caring with my high risk pregnancy. I hope when I have my next child he will still be practicing. Such a nice man, and I'd recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Smith has been my OB since 2013. I have always been happy with him and his staff. His office is very quick they don't leave you waiting ever. The staff are very approachable and friendly. They always make sure they ask you what a good time is for you when booking appointments and are so accommodating instead of just giving you no options like other doctors offices do. This means so much considering how very busy Dr. Smith and his team are. I find them very family oriented and flexible that way as they actually care and realize that people have jobs and children to pick up ect... Dr. Smith is a very knowledgeable OB. He always answers your questions in a way you will understand and is very approachable. I felt 110 % confident in him the first time I had to have an emergency Caesarian and when he encouraged a vbac the second time around. Every time I visit his office he asks me if I have any questions and he answers them without rushing me out the door like some doctors would! He is very concerned with the well being of his patients and their growing babies and genuinely cares. I highly reccomend this doctor and his entire staff. I read somewhere some one said he has bad bed side manners? I have never felt that way and can not ever imagine that from him. I find him very compassionate and caring actually. He is just kind of a quiet guy by nature but I can appreciate that!! Who wants to hear knock knock jokes while getting a pelvic exam, right!? ! Don't mistaken it for something else , he is just very Professional. He is the best OB GYN in Woodstock in my opinion.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr Smith delivered my first baby recently and was also my OB throughout the pregnancy. He was occasionally late but every appointment he asked if I had any questions and took time to answer them. He came by to check on me several times when I was in the hospital, as he was the doctor on call. He also ended up needing to use forceps during the delivery and, magically, I didn't even need stitches! I will definitely go to Dr. Smith with any future pregnancies.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I had the worst experience with him during my first pregnancy. He was awful. He would not answer questions. He overbooked, often leaving you waiting for an hour or more in his office, that did not have a bath room. His wife is the secretary and she was just plain rude. Never said hi or greeted any one upon arrival. He gave birth to my son, and made it a horrific experience. I did not want forceps. So he used them. He broke my water without telling me he was going to, couldn't have waited until my hubby was out of the washroom. Just over all a terrible experience. I have switched doctors for this pregnancy.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Smith has been my OB for both my children. The staff is excellent, except the receptionist can be a bit short in temperament. I only had one appointment where I was 30-45 minutes late getting in to see him but this was due to him delivering a baby. I never feel rushed in my appointments with him and my questions are always answered. He has great bedside manner, not intimidating or pushy, and always made me feel comfortable in those awkward situations. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for an excellent OB in the Woodstock area.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I had to find my own OB, as my family doctor is out of town and was not able to provide a referral in Woodstock. I picked Dr. Smith based on these reviews and was very happy with my choice. He was great during the appointments (rating him based on punctuality I don't think is entirely fair, as he did have to leave at one point to go deliver for another patient and I don't think that can be held against him). Although he is busy, I did not feel rushed at any of my appointments and he always took the time to answer any questions. I delivered on a Friday and he came in twice to see me that day, once in the morning to break my water and then later in the early evening to deliver my daughter. My husband was very impressed with his calmness during the delivery!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Dr Smith delivered 6 of my babies and performed surgery for ectopic pregnancy. I have always received excellent care and I truly feel that he is very capable and nowledgeble as well as caring. I would definitely reccomend this doctor!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Smith is highly professional and super helpful. He has a wealth of knowledge and is an overall excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Dr. Smith was a great voice for me against my own family physician when he wanted to follow me during my high-risk pregnancies, whereas my GP thought it best if he continued with me. He ran many tests to rule out any possibilities, and took great care of my kids and I. Unfortunetly he has yet to deliver any of my kids, hopefully with the next one.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

I saw Dr. Smith for a D & C after a MC. He had a very abrupt bedside manner and did not seem compassionate at all. He showed up right before I was put under anaesthesia and didn't even speak to me. A little reassurance would have gone a long way. There was no follow-up whatsoever. I could not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010