Ratings for Dr. Fred Gentili

Nothing negative to say- he saved my life. While I still have pain in my neck, I thank God He was my surgeon

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

I have hydrocephalus. Gentili is my surgeon but I was referred back to him by ER doctors because I end up in the ER every couple of years with crippling headaches. He told me not to come in for regular checkups (because who ever wanted to establish a baseline anyway). He was not interested in investigating the cause of my headaches. Implied that I don't even need my shunt anymore, but performed no tests to verify. He brushed the headaches off as "some type of migraine" but when I asked if there was anything he could do (prescribe anything, just something to keep on the shelf for when I feel something coming on) he said he couldn't do that because I wasn't experiencing the symptoms that day. So I'm supposed to try to get an appointment with him while I'm having crippling pain? Except that it can take months to get in to see him. He is condescending and completely unhelpful. I will be asking for a referral.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

HE is my HERO ! From me he gets one vote for [If there be any] A Shiney Star on Walk of Fame for out-standing Surgeons of the world. He is an Artist, I am a retired Archtect. He operated on me for growth advancing towards petuitary gland on October 19th 2016. I came back with all my faculties intact before that evening. I thank my good fortune having him for this operation, is my Allah to give quick recovery and my family and friends prayers and faith in Dr. Fred Gentili.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Dr gentile and team did an excellent job on my Brain Anuresym surgery and follow ups care. Dr gentile was very engaged in the care to ensure I was recovering as I should. His team is very good...his direct medical team was exceptional as is Dr Gentile. and stress. The doctor himself is exceptional.His staff is so good to keep the followup appointments.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Had a pituitary tumour removed in june 2008. Im 100% better. In on Friday out on Monday...good job!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

This lovely, humble, brilliant, and dedicated neurosurgeon is always professional and completely commuted to his patients and profession. He saved my life and continues to oversee my medical care. I am grateful beyond words - he saved my life.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Dr gentile and team did an excellent job on my recent surgery and follow ups care. Dr gentile was very engaged in the care to ensure I was recovering as I should. His team is very good...his direct medical team was exceptional as is Dr Gentile. My only issue was the clerical teams setting up and coordinating appointments a but a bit of a mess which caused confusion and stress. The doctor himself us exceptional

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I can't really complain about the doc! He knows what he's doing. The surgery he performed on me for a pit-tumour went off without a hitch. I found him to be very professional and explained everything - which is not always the case with surgeons. Unfortunately the pituitary clinic at Toronto Western is not the greatest! They've cancelled two of my follow up appointments without telling me, and then altogether forgetting to book the third. I really feel as though I have to be my own advocate in tracking down answers and organizing appointments while dealing with the pituitary clinic. They're so busy that they even warn you that it could be three days until someone gets back to you...

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Why oh why is this COW of a secretary still on the face of this earth. I only just came across the website and feel compelled to do my due diligence. I have been an operating room nurse for 30 years... 7 years ago I was diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma and ended up with DrGentile. I was assisting on the removal of an acoustic neuroma ( benign brain tumor) the morning my results came in so believe me when I say "I know my stuff" I know all the 'in's and out's of this surgery and I had been convinced by another surgeon Dr Tator that he was the best .HA .... I know that the BEST approach is trans labyrinth.. ( just behind the ear)) which he told me he would do... that was not the case.. he did a sub-occipital ( back of my neck through all the muscles) resulting in excruciating pain which necessitated physio 4 days a week for a year and to this day I still have resulting pain. He was not on the specialized list of surgeons at Toronto Western Hospital consequently my physio was estimated to be in the THOUSANDS. I got in touch with Dr Tator who said I could use his name as he was on the list. Something wasn't ringing true here and so I got a copy of my operative report and lo and behold there in black and white was the approach he had made. I was FURIOUS and gate crashed my way past his FOWL UNCARING B....of a secretary and demanded that he tell me why he didn't do the approach behind my ear and was his choice of incision ' doctor's preference'. This terminology in the business basically means he chose to do it this way because he was uncomfortable doing it the way I had discussed with him I. e. he was not competent and did not want to enlist the assistance of an ear, nose and throat surgeon to help him --relying instead on a resident who, by the way, would have been the one who replaced the part of my skull bone and closed everything up-- I still have all the jagged bits sticking out where it has not been aligned properly. I took my case to a lawyer specializing in medical malpractice .....alas it seems he has endeared himself to his un-knowledgable , unsuspecting patients and subsequently is thought highly of. I could not get around that. The outcome of my surgery was total paralysis on the left side of my face and all the ensuing problems that that entails..... I will conclude by saying there should be a minus rating on these stars. My rating is sub-zero......

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

He's reviewing my mothers' file on a yearly basis for the past 3+ years and going forward. Had the pleasure to meet him 2 out of 3 times and he has a reassuring presence that comes with experience. The Toronto Western office /reception team were extremely friendly do I'm not sure if this was a new or old team as our visit was Jan. 2015. . Thank you Dr. Gentili for the comforting words and positive feedback each visit!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015