Ratings for Dr. Brian Hands

Very pleasant doctor to deal with quite knowledgeable. Secretary Tina is amazing and very friendly.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I was honestly very nervous about going into this appointment with Dr. Hands, due to all of the negative reviews I've read. I personally had an excellent experience. I drove in from 5 hours away to see Dr. Hands, and am so glad I did. Dr. Hands was kind, understanding, and very knowledgeable about the voice. He walked me through his process verbally before starting, so I knew what to expect. He listened to my every word, and took his time with me. I felt very important, and didn't get the sense that he was in a rush. Dr. Hands provided me with great feedback after scoping and assessing me, and gave me prescriptions to help my sinus/vocal issues. He referred me to multiple other doctors to further my process, and overall was a great help. I highly recommend Dr. Hands.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Dr. Hands is an incredible doctor. I've had a lot of problems with my nose for over 20 years (allergies, inflammation, etc), so finding a specialist who can actually monitor my condition and prescribe me medication that a) will cause relief and b) will not be something I cannot function without, has been very hard. Most doctors just don't want to deal with it. I've been seeing Dr.Hands for almost 4 years now and I am impressed by his deep knowledge, sincere desire to make me feel better and his incredible professionalism. His team is amazing and very friendly too, always so eager to help. With other doctors, I often feel that I leave in exactly the same shape as I arrived: unaware of what is wrong with me and how to fix it. Every time I go to Dr. Hands' office, I know I will walk away with actual answers and solutions. He is exceptional!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Dr. Hands is efficient, disarmingly direct, and very thorough. He is also compassionate and understanding. I've lost count how many times this ENT has helped me - often seeing me within 24 hours. He is extremely knowledgeable and goes the extra mile with insurance companies as well as with timely referrals to medical colleagues for further investigation. In 30 years he has never let me down. I owe this fine doctor a tremendous debt of gratitude. Thank-you Dr. Hands.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Having read some of the reviews below, I wonder if I visited the same doctor? I encountered a doctor who was approachable, professional and knowledgeable about this area of medicine. He examined me for ear blockage which he cleared, suggested I keep up what I was already doing and recommended a supplement which has helped. I had an emergency on Friday with another ear problem and his assistant (a lovely lady) told me I could come in for a last appointment before noon. Once again, he was very helpful and reassuring. They are a good team with a friendly welcoming office.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2016

Clearly this man is a greedy salesman, not a doctor. Diagnosed me with reflux & something else but tried to instill fear in me, highly pushing very, very expensive speech therapy (by his company) & his stupid book on me. Threatened that my voice would always be hoarse if I didn't take these two options, despite me telling him that I had no extended health coverage & couldn't afford said treatments. Also has very poor bedside manner. Stuck two tubes up my nose to the point where it was very painful. I asked him to stop a couple of times; it was too painful. He ignored me. I will never return to him & I don't recommend this greedy, disrespectful clown to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

I have no idea why people complain about bad experiences/staff/pain/ doctor trying to sell things. I went to see him today because of an issue with hearing I developed, lady at the front desk was really nice to every patient who was there, than I got to see the doctor. He talked to me for about 20 minutes, than he proceeded with examination. It was not pleasant when he inserted and instrument up my nose but I didn't feel any pain or had any nosebleeds. Than he looked into my ears and got me to take a hearing test. After results came in he didn't try to sell me anything or didn't try to advertise any business that sells anything. He gave a prescription, suggested getting custom made ear protection and asked me to come back in 3 months for a check up. My overall experience is very positive. I did have to go to an emergency quite a few times for various injuries and a lot of times I could feel that doctors just didn't care for one reason or another. Being tired, being sick of dealing with huge number of patients every day etc. I didn't get that vibe from Dr. Hands. We were just sitting there, having a conversation about my condition before and after all the tests were done. Some people might get offended by the fact that he tells the truth without sugarcoating it. I wasn't offended. He told me what I already knew. Truth is truth. Anyways, I came to see him in order to get a full picture and understand what I'm dealing with. He presented it in a clear manner. I'll be seeing him in 3 months.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Perhaps if you are a singer looking for a voice doctor, Dr. Hands may be a good choice otherwise don't waste your time going to see this egomaniac salesman

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I met Dr Hands today referred by my GP. Excellent bedside manner, straight-forward and recommended an appropriate remedy; given his senior years I found it easy to recall my childhood family doctor and felt comforted. Reading over some of the negative reviews makes me wonder whether others mistake professionalism with condescension. Widely respected in the musical community, itself over full with readily irritated divas.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

We are temporary living in Toronto and I lost hearing on my left ear, Iand a colleague of my husband recommended Dr. Hands. His assistance Tina was very nice, she was able to get me to see him the next day. She is very professional and very nice. I had a melt down at the office and she was very kind. I am 40 years old, and after Dr. Hands evaluated my issue, gave me medications and explained everything in details. They called me to follow up and also went to see him for a follow up. I recovered my hearing!! I would definitely recommend Doctor Hands! He knows what he is doing! I am very thankful I went to him and I was able to recover my hearing!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015