Ratings for Dr. Anna Dugas

Moi j ai eu docteur Dugas pendant 39 ans et j ai eut un pincement au coeur quand j' ai su quelle fermait son bureau je lui souhaite une bonne retraite elle va me manquer. HS

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Moi je suis très peiner que Dr.Anna Viola Dugas ferme son bueau je suis avec elle 23 et cé le meilleur docteur que je ne pouvais avoir je la consul régulièrement et elle a toujours été très professionnelle et toujours trouver et soigner ben mes maux alors moi je lui dit bonne retraite elle la humblement mériter.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

She is beyond rude, extremely unprofessional, and just plain ignorant. I scheduled an appointment with her to change the birth control I was taking. I told her it has been causing me to break out on a regular basis, she completely agreed with me that this was not normal and prescribed me a new birth control. I eventually went to my pharmacy to pick up my proscription (full price, I didn't have insurance) when I arrived at home and opened my bag I was confused to see the exact same prescription of birth control I was previously taking. I scheduled another appointment with Dr. Dugas to let her know she made the mistake of prescribing me the same contraceptive that we both agreed wasn't agreeing with me whatsoever. When I told her this she became extremely defensive and told me this was all my fault. I couldn't get one word in, she aggressively told me that she's prescribed me way too many birth controls and I completely refuse them all. I became very confused seeing that I've only ever been on one before this for three entire years. I told her to open my file and she'd see that she's only ever prescribed me two types of contraceptive since I was 17 years of age (now 21). She refused to show me and said I will never prescribe you any birth controls anymore, and if I want her advice to use a condom... She then told me to get out of her office. I would advise people to not waste their time on her.

Submitted March 17, 2015

Don't ever go see this women she use take new born babies from their mother and sell them to other families!!!! How she got her license back I'd beyond me.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

No bedside manner whatsoever. Very rude sarcastic and over bearing, mosly uncaring.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Very rude. When I forgot the name of the prescription I was asking her to re-new for me (suddenly blanked on the name), she just left the room, saying she wouldn't give it to me unless I knew the name. The name would have been written in my file that she was holding. I even asked if she could name a few of the names for the type of pill (I'd know the name if I heard it) and she wouldn't. Changing doctors.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

Dr. Dugas delivered me and was my doctor through the births of my 2 sons, so for 27 years. She is very tempermental and you never know what mood she'll be in when you go see her. I had many skin problems with my youngest son as a baby and was constantly at the hospital for chaffed, cracked and bleeding on his bum. I was prescribed every kind of cream in the market. Brought him to the emergency one time and demanded he be admitted until the problem was solved. Dr. Dugas proceeded to alert Child Protection Services, saying there was a problem with me because I was constantly bringing my son to the hospital!! I developped depression with all this, and she never picked up on it. Lost my partner as a result. It was not until I switched doctors and was properly cared for that everything was fine again. My son's rash was properly treated and so was my depression. Unfortunatly, not soon enough to save my relationship. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

My mom has another family doctor but was at the hospital and was expected to leave the hospital over the weekend and Dr Dugas was the one covering for her regular family doctor. She asked my mom how she was and said she was ok but was disappointed that she was going home with the same problems and added pills (went from 17/day to 23/day) and said my brother had told her she should go see Dr. Oz (tv show)as a joke. Dr. Dugas closed her file and said "you want to insult me, so I'll insult you. You'll only go home on Monday when your family doctor is back"...and left the room. How ignorant can a doctor be????????

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

I find the secratary hard to get to know and I have been going there for 15 years. Dr.Dugas will tell it like it is!She provided excellent care for my Mom(she had Guillan-Barre)and didnt hesitate to send her to specialists when needed.If your looking for a Dr. to get you out of work,look somewhere else.I have a condition and she keeps right on top of it and does the proper testing annualy.She has no time for people who will continue to smoke when it is obviously hurting your health.I will miss her terribly when she retires(although she told me she wont!).

flag | Submitted September 12, 2010

Sometimes you can get good enough help from her. But most of the time you catch her in a bad mood. Today I went in to see her with a few problems and got yelled at for a simple question. She complained that she was busy and didn't have time to listen to me. I had other things to ask but she continued to insult me and slammed the door in my face. She then proceeded to treat another of her patients, leaving me in the room to wait. I waited a while and when she did not return (she continued to go to other patients) I decided to leave. Humiliated and frustrated, I told the secretary that I was leaving and I walked out without having gotten any help at all. I have been going there since I was 2 years old and I am now 18. I have never caused a problem and I have always been polite despite the answers I got back. This was one time too many and I will not be returning to her office. I hope very much that her patients who have not yet seen this side of her never will have to.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009