Ratings for Dr. Richard Bolduc

I must agree, Dr Bolduc needs to retire. The comments here that are positive come from patients who have been with Dr Bolduc for 30 + years, they have no idea about how current doctors operate. He will not refer to spealists and will not order expensive tests. His personal appearance is not the way a doctor should present himself, he looks sloppy. His office staff follow his lead, either tight jeans, tight sweaters, or they look like they just fell out of bed. not an ounce of professionalism anywhere to be found. And the wondering dog just tops the cake. The girls are constantly eating and gossiping with each other. All the people in this office should visit a real doctors office to see how it’s done. Wow, you need lots of change in that office. Shameful.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Bolduc for over 35 years and I am grateful for the outstanding medical attention I have received from him over the years. During a recent visit to another doctor for a debilitating groin issue I was told there was nothing that could be done for my condition. Thanks to Dr Bolduc, I am again pain free and able to pursue my active lifestyle.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

So, I'm going to start off here saying that I posted the rating on March 20, 2017. I am also going to say that I am not a confrontational person at all. My previous experience last week was so frustrating because I've been seeing Dr. Bolduc since I was probably 10 years old and Melissa, who I've found out was the staff member I was speaking to, is consistently a horrible person. Not just to me but to every patient that I've ever seen her have an encounter with while sitting in the waiting room. Today, March 30, 2017, I went in for an appointment with Dr. Bolduc. When I got there the girl at the front desk completely ignored the man and myself standing in front of her for probably a minute before she finally looked up and acknowledged us. That's fine. I was early for my appointment anyways cause I had been doing something else in the area. I sat down and got in fast, way before my booked appointment time. I was really happy because then I could head to work earlier and not miss as much. Dr. Bolduc and I had our appointment and at the end he brought up the previous rating I had given. So his staff are trolling this website, enough to know that I posted my rating on March 20th, "five minutes" after getting off the phone with Melissa. This is a PUBLIC FORUM. This is a place where patients go to rate THEIR medical doctor. This is so that they can let other patients and potential patients know about how this practice runs and whether or not they should go to this doctor. Like I stated before, I am not a confrontational person at all. When Dr. Bolduc asked me if I had written that review, I said no. I said no because it's none of his business. The point of this website, if the doctor's staff is reading, is to take into consideration what the people, YOUR PATIENTS, who are coming to you for medical care, are saying. Consider the fact that everyone here consistently says that the staff are horrible. Even if you can tell who wrote a review why don't you try being human beings and reading what the person is saying and treating them better instead of confronting them and making a situation extremely awkward. Dr. Bolduc, I will never be visiting your office again and will urge the family members of mine who still see you to consider switching as well. I've never seen a doctor be so unprofessional and I can't believe that you and Melissa thought it was a good idea to bring this up to me. You realize this is an anonymous website, correct? I hope this note goes in my chart too. I will be finding another doctor. Also, Dr. Bolduc, I think you should retire. Sometimes you're extremely nice to me and sometimes you're the grumpiest person I've ever come in contact with. I have come to you with problems where your solution is useless. I've struggled with an allergy to the sun since I was about 10 years old. I came to talk to you about it when I was 18 and you told me it's because I eat too much mango and tropical fruit. FYI, I've never eaten mango and to this day still cannot go out in the sun or I get a full body rash. Melissa, apparently you're Dr. Cody's daughter, maybe you should go find another job as your bedside manner and all around personality are seriously lacking. I've never been so angry in my entire life. I have worked for Dr.'s offices before. I personally, have looked up their names on ratemd and sometimes, yes you can tell who has written the review but NO YOU DON'T GO SHOW THE DOCTOR AND MAKE HIM MENTION IT TO THE PATIENT. Who do you guys think you are? Seriously...I continued to see you, Dr. Bolduc because when you were in a good mood you treated me so nicely and I could not ignore the convenience. You give me the meds I need, most of the time without question or hesitation but this is the last straw. I hope other patients and potential patients read this and BEWARE this is no longer a public and anonymous forum, the staff members (who apparently have no other word to do besides reading ratemd after getting off a phone call with a patient) are trolling this forum waiting to see if someone else says anything bad. Weirdos.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I find the staff here are completely rude. They don't care. Half the time you go in there they're turned around in their chairs chatting to one another and don't bother to turn around. I've googled Dr. Bolducs name because I was out and about but remembered I needed an appointment. I called the number that came up and it was the one for dr. Cody, not Dr. Bolduc. The girl who answered was totally rude, barely listened to me, and gave me so much sass. Dr. Bolduc is old, and sometimes is in a good mood and sometimes not which is weird when going to a doctor, why do I need to deal with your mood swings. Unfortunately my whole family goes to him and I've been going for so long that I don't switch. Maybe he'll retire soon.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Staff is to bust babysitting a dog than paying attention to patients Dr leaves my mother suffering bladder infections over the weekend multiple times as he does not call in rx very upset that I have to once again take her to the clinic to get help --- should have gone there to start

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I'm surprised reading some of the comments about him. I've been a patient of his for over 30 years. He was recommended by the head of Emergency at the Foothills at the time. I had a previous Doctor that was telling me to slow down in my physical activities in my twenties and I felt I needed a more proactive Doctor. I have not been disappointed. I was diagnosed with cancer in time because he suggested that I have additional testing for a lab result that was slightly elevated. I've remained cancer free for over ten years and will always be grateful for him catching it early. If you're looking for a "pill pusher", you should probably go to another doctor. I see him for checkups and those I have to book far ahead. Otherwise if I see him it's Usually due to injuries as I try to stay active. I have always gotten in on short notice in those cases. The rest of my family see him as well, and they also like him.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Was referred over as my doctor retired, but this doctor is long in the tooth- quite elderly. For me it was better that I see someone more in touch with fitness and athletes. My perspective is that its cheap to run tests and catch things early than just let things crop up and deal with the issue then. It just wasn't a match- he is pretty old school, less preventative more reflexive- that's not the health care I want for myself or my family. antibiotic pusher. Staff is crabby, it's everything you have heard that is wrong with healthcare. I was better served in a walk in clinic, if that says anything.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Dr. Bolduc was a longtime family friend but despite this he has provided with poor care of the years. I made it clear to him that I was suffering from injuries and he did nothing but use big words to tell me that the problem would go away on its own, or to live with it. He had to be prodded very hard to write me a referral and would never refer me for MRI's or other procedures even when I was showing obvious swelling and was in pain. My own doctor refused to give me necessary care because as he put it "he didn't want to waste expensive medical resources". He made me believe that I was doomed to be sore and have these problems for life until I went to a walk in clinic and immediately got the help I needed and was told that my injuries were severe enough that I was almost instantly triaged as a candidate for surgery. To top it off he was always late, unapologetic and cold. This man does not strike me as passionate about his job and should retire.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014

Dr Bolduc has been my doctor for over 37 years. He delirved 3 of my healthy children. He has always been empathetic, knowagble & helpful even giving advice on family who were not his patients. Unfortunately I moved from Calgary last year and my new doctor has not come close to filling his shoes. If I return to Calgary, I truly hope he will take me back.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2014

This is a hard review to write as Dr. Bolduc delivered me and I've gone to him the past 30 years. He is a very nice man but he has really dropped the ball when it comes to my baby. Part of me feels that he's waiting to retire? My daughter at one month had projectile vomiting. I brought her in. With the symptoms present dr. Bolduc should have sent us for an ultrasound. But he won't go that extra mile these days. He told me it was a virus (that's his answer for a lot of things) and sent us on our way. We ended up at the children's a week later. She had pyloric stenosis and needed surgery. After researching it I was dumbfounded that Dr. Bolduc would send this month old baby away without further investigation. Her symptoms were textbook! Since then we have got two more recommendations from health nurses to check her hips and a flat spot forming. did he act on them.no. Why won't he send for tests? Or refer patients? If he won't do it for a month old baby..we can't trust him as our doctor.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013