Ratings for Dr. John Hasell

I had a few procedures done 5 years ago and I'm still very pleased. I just wanted to point out to others reading this that when you get any sort of argumentation done to your breasts you have to remember that breast tissue is very delicate and it takes almost a year for things to really settle down. I had a reduction and lift and at first they were hard and bigger than I wanted. But after that year went by they turned out great. I think my favourite part about my surgery was being coloured on with the black marker. Haha. Great dr and I've referred many people to him without anyone being disappointed.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I am 2 weeks out of a mini facelift as well as a upper eyelid blepharoplasty and I can't speak highly enough of my experience. Dr. Hasell had done two previous procedures for me, and I knew he was truly an artist, but honestly has exceeded my expectations this time. Dr. Hasell has given me my confidence back and I can't thank him or his wonderful team enough for taking such great care of me. And, as a side note, I have read many comments regarding the reception staff in his office and while I don't believe that should be how a choose a surgeon, I feel I should note: Peggy and all of the ladies were amazing. I have not one single complaint regarding my care. So thank you to Dr. Hasell and staff. This was such a wonderful experience and I'm very grateful for all you did.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I recently had a Breast Augmentation with Doctor Hasell, I'm very happy with how everything went my consultation was very short and sweet and to the point I trusted he knew what he was talking about and went with his suggestions. If you want someone who will sit and talk with you for an hour he is not the guy for you but I can tell you one thing he knows what he is doing and I couldn't be happier with my results. The day of surgery was great Dr Hasell made sure all my questions were answered and he was great at calming my nerves before I went into surgery. I would highly recommend his work and his staff are great also very helpful. If you are looking for someone to hold your hand and spend hours answering a million questions this is not the surgeon for you.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I am almost 3 months post surgery after having a breast aug and I have to say, I'm fairly disappointed. I drove 2 hours for a 15 min consult that was very brief. I've had 2 kids and a considerable amount of weight loss so he suggested a lift which I was on board with. I voiced my opinion on having the implants look subtle, suggesting a "C" cup. I tried on 400cc and 375cc and said I wouldn't want bigger than 375. I should have tried on 350cc and I kick myself for not doing so. I also wanted to make sure my areolas ended up symmetrical because I had one breast that was bigger than the other. I left the office feeling ready for surgery but he didn't exactly woo me over. At the hospital, I told him I was very nervous and again stressed the fact that I thought I might want to go smaller. He advised me that when in between two sizes, going slightly bigger yields a happier end result for the patient. Recovery was not as bad as I thought but the pain killers he gave me made me anxious and he wouldn't give me anything different. I wasn't asking for stronger - I just wanted something effective. Currently, my right areola is larger than my left and my bra size is, wait for it....DD. I had a 405cc and 375cc placed. I don't fit into any of my old shirts and have the same size breasts now as I did when I was 30 lbs heavier. When I went in for a post-op check I told him I was concerned about the size and he didn't address the issue, he basically said and did nothing to make me feel better. And I drove another 2 hours to have a 5 min appointment. I think I'd honestly spend the extra money and find a PS in Calgary that shows more compassion and concern for their patients.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I have just had a BA march 17. I have been very sure for a few years about having the surgery performed but was very nervous when looking up PS in the area. I came across Dr Hassell on rate mds and really it seemed like the only thing people were rating was his former secretary Peggy. I called the office and spoke to Peggy to was more then happy to answer my questions and book my consult, learning that they only have clinic days on Mondays (dr does surgery the rest of the week) makes me understand why she was so busy to be answering phones and taking questions while there was a full waiting room of people. When I had my consult Dr hassell was very informative and knowledgeable took all my measurements and went over options and different sizes with me. He was very confident that I would get the exact look that I was going for. Two weeks before my surgery His new receptionist even stayed at the office over her lunch hour for me to come in and have a final fitting because I was coming from out of town. Fast forward 2 months I'm now day 4 post-op, the day of my surgury Dr hassell made me feel extremely comfortable in the pre op room while doing the markings he went over everything, after surgery I woke up in the worst pain I've ever felt in my life the nurses in recovery paged him to come and talk to me for some reassurance which he did, so far I couldn't be happier with the way my surgery turned out and the way my breasts look I'm so looking forward to the swelling and the tightness to subside so I can see my final results !! If you are thinking of going with Dr hassell do it he is great! His staff is wonderful his receptionist is so nice to talk to and completely honest about what she thinks. I would definitely go back to him and recommend my family and friends!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I had a mallet finger injury. After finger casted for 8 weeks, waited 1 hour for a 30 second appointment, which he removed cast and told me to go home and play guitar. 2nd appointment 2 weeks later, I waited another hour. As I was an Alberta Health Care patient (not a paying plastic surgery patient) I felt like I was just an annoyance to him.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

By far the best Doctor I have ever seen! SO KIND and does an outstanding job, I was so impressed with him and his entire staff. Truly Can not give Dr Hassell enough praise, just an overall incredible experience and the work he has done looks amazing on me! Thank you to his office!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I have nothing but praise for Dr. Hasell and his office staff. His work for cosmetic surgery is superb. I have had a few procedures done and so have family and friends with outstanding results.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

I had a BA done in May and waited until everything settled until confirming my suspicions. I went to Dr. Hasell because he was supposed to be 'the best'. The receptionist was difficult to deal with and it amazed me to listed to her speak with people on the phone, while in the waiting room. He spent very little time with me and when I went for a follow up appointment with concerns, he never actually addressed them directly. I left feeling foolish and unsure. Fast forward to now and I want nothing more than a revision. I went with a very modest size but the placement is poor which has caused the nipples to point outwards. The pain after surgery was far worse than many others and it took 3months until I was able to many activities. I barely saw him at the hospital and he acted like it was the first time we had met. I'm disappointed with the outcome and wish I had gone elsewhere.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I had a breast augmentation with Dr. Hasell 8 years ago. I just yesterday had a revision with a different doctor and that is why I am writing this review now. My experience with Dr. Hasell was horrible. His receptionist Peggy was awful to deal with and made you feel like you were an inconvenience any time you called for clarification on anything. She is very rude and abrupt and does not make you feel welcome. Dr. Hasell spent very little time with me (15 mins) in the consult room (my current surgeon and his staff spent almost 90 minutes with me). He told me what I was going to get and didn't take any time to explain any other options. He was the expert so I went with what he said. The hospital care was not great and my recovery was horrendous. I was in massive amounts of pain for two weeks and after 6 months when all the swelling was gone I have hated my chest every day since. I am not even 24 hours from my current surgery and I cannot believe the night and day difference from not only how I feel (I haven't touched pain meds) and on how the experience as a whole was. I do not recommend this surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016