Ratings for Dr. John Hasell

I had a BA done in May and waited until everything settled until confirming my suspicions. I went to Dr. Hasell because he was supposed to be 'the best'. The receptionist was difficult to deal with and it amazed me to listed to her speak with people on the phone, while in the waiting room. He spent very little time with me and when I went for a follow up appointment with concerns, he never actually addressed them directly. I left feeling foolish and unsure. Fast forward to now and I want nothing more than a revision. I went with a very modest size but the placement is poor which has caused the nipples to point outwards. The pain after surgery was far worse than many others and it took 3months until I was able to many activities. I barely saw him at the hospital and he acted like it was the first time we had met. I'm disappointed with the outcome and wish I had gone elsewhere.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I had a breast augmentation with Dr. Hasell 8 years ago. I just yesterday had a revision with a different doctor and that is why I am writing this review now. My experience with Dr. Hasell was horrible. His receptionist Peggy was awful to deal with and made you feel like you were an inconvenience any time you called for clarification on anything. She is very rude and abrupt and does not make you feel welcome. Dr. Hasell spent very little time with me (15 mins) in the consult room (my current surgeon and his staff spent almost 90 minutes with me). He told me what I was going to get and didn't take any time to explain any other options. He was the expert so I went with what he said. The hospital care was not great and my recovery was horrendous. I was in massive amounts of pain for two weeks and after 6 months when all the swelling was gone I have hated my chest every day since. I am not even 24 hours from my current surgery and I cannot believe the night and day difference from not only how I feel (I haven't touched pain meds) and on how the experience as a whole was. I do not recommend this surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I can't rate on anything other than the receptionist as she iffered me one day for a consult (during my work hours) and when I asked if there was anything else she said I would have to call another time and pretry much hung up. Good news is...I've heard Peggy is retiring!!! I will call back then.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

I am now one month post op after a facelift, neck lift and upper eyelid blepharoplasty and the results are outstanding. I look 20 years younger! I am still having some swelling but that is normal. Dr. Hassel is an excellent PS. He did a great job and I am very pleased. I have never heard of any Dr. who stops by your house the next morning of the surgery to check how you are doing. When I was released from the hospital the day of the surgery, Dr. Hassel’s nurse came to my house and stayed until 10pm checking all my incisions. She came back the next day to wash my hair. What a service! His receptionist, Peggy is wonderful and very efficient and always treated me with respect. She always had time for me and my questions. I would recommend Dr. Hassel 100%.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

I called to inquire about a lift and reduction and Peggy was very rude. Couldn't even be bothered to answer my questions. I can't even rate the Dr as I turned away before I could even sk questions. Then Peggy just hung up on me. Thanks for helping

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

My experience with Dr. Hasell, his reception, the staff at Chinook hospital and of course the results- could not have been better! He is by far one of - if not- the best plastic surgeon in Alberta. I felt instantly at ease from my first consult and within 1 week happily healed and progressively better as each week past. Post-surgery now 6 months and could not be happier !

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I have never been treated so welcoming and helped as much as Peggy or dr Hasell. Very pleasant and eases your mind. Every time I have called to asked questions even when I had my appt I have had nothing but awesome, kind and pleasant service by Peggy and dr Hasell. I am scheduled for August 9th for my surgery and I couldn't ask for a better cosmetic surgeons office.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I had a BA with Dr. Hasell some time ago and I could not be happier with the results. I had no problem with Peggy whatsoever, (she was actually very kind) but even if I had to deal with a rude staff member, I would to get the best end results. I'm going to have this body forever, I only want the best working on it and that is Dr. Hasell!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Very rude reception. Every time I have spoken to her on the phone or in person has been unpleasant.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

10 years, 3 procedures, numerous visits for consultation from Calgary, Outstanding experience in every way.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016