Ratings for Dr. Gerald Achtymichuk

Both the doctor and his receptionist are extremely patient and attentive with seniors .

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I have come to this site to sing the praises of this wonderful office. Last week I began have chest pain and being the stubborn old man that I am I decided to drive myself to the hospital. I didn't get too far when it began to get worse. Being close to my doctor's office I thought it might be better to stop there instead for medical assistance. I couldn't get out of my car and called up to the secretary. She immediately called 911 and an ambulance was dispatched directly. She came out with the doctor and sat with me and comforted me the whole time I was in distress. The ambulance arrived and took me to the hospital where I was treated for a mild heart attack. I can't thank this person enough. You know who you are and you know who I am. You literally saved my life. Also for the comment below all I can say is it appears you were calling them on a Thursday afternoon which is their afternoon off and has been for as long as I can remember or maybe just maybe you called while I was being attended to. Something to think about before you post something so eloquent.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr achtymichuk has been my doctor my whole life he is also the doctor to my 4 month old baby. He is a wonderful man who takes your concerns very seriously I was having an issue which he couldn't find an answer to but he trusted me when I said there was something wrong and he referred me to an endocrinologist which found something on my brain so grateful to him and all his staff sometimes you might wait a little longer to get into him but it's worth it for somebody who cares I especially love his receptionist Carol Ann and kit

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Most amazing man. He really listens. I love going to see him and so do the kids.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Most people dread going to the doctor. It is not the case with Dr. Achtymichuk. I am fortunate enough to have become a patient of this practise. When I first moved to here, I got very sick. My mother in law told me how amazing this Doctor was, and I can confidently say that I haven't been disappointed. My expectations have been exceeded. Carol Ann at the front desk is very kind. She is very easy to talk on the phone with, and is very kind and welcoming when coming into the office. She is absolutely lovely to have a conversation with. She really cares about the patients, and is so genuine. It's nice to see that in a busy office. I have dealt with Corrine, the nurse, quite a few times. She is just as wonderful! She really helps put a patient as ease, and is very knowledgeable! Dr. Achtymichuk himself is very knowledgeable, and is very kind. He is very good at listening to everything I have to say and is very good at assessing the problem. He doesn't rush me, which is fantastic, especially knowing how busy he is with all of the fax renewals he has to sign, the charts, the prescriptions, and every other patient he has to keep in mind. Thank you Dr, Carol Ann, and Corrine for your exceptional service.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I have been Dr. Achtymichuks patient for over 20 yrs. I have been through alot in my life medically and emotionally, he has helped me through all of this and more , as well as his receptionists, they have all helped me through a rough time in my life and for this i dont know what i would have done with out them. Nor do i want to have to find out either.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. A's for just over 4 years and I do work in the medical field. I am very grateful that he took me and my family on as patients. He is an amazing doctor. He is everything and more that me and my family could ever want in a doctor as are his staff. He always takes my concerns seriously and works with me as a partner in my health care. I really like Corinne the nurse. She is great with my kids and helps to counsel me on best practices for healthcare for them. I was sorry to see Jessilyn leave but I know she started her own business and I am in fact a client of her new business. There was never any problems "behind the scenes". I have not really had much opportunity to speak with Kit on the phone as I think she is there only a day a week but I have spoken to Carol Ann on numerous occasions. She is very kind and very helpful to me. I have been there at the checkin window chatting with her when a call came in from a patient who wanted an appointment that morning and when they were told that there was not one available they became extremely irate and started yelling obscenities at her. I was shocked at what was being spewed at her. I saw her keep calm and calm the patient down right away. I think if Carol Ann is ever rude it is because someone was being rude to her in the first place. I personally would have hung up on the person. Coming from another practice who had several doctors in it I can see what a wonderful office this is. It would take me 2-3 months to get into see my old doctor. 2-3 weeks for non urgent stuff here is amazing. It would take me 2 years to get in for a physical at the old place - here the wait is 1 week. If something is urgent we are seen the same day. I think if you are not happy then look elsewhere. You will be shocked at what other doctors offices are like. They are not like this one. Dr. A and his staff make me and my family feel like part of the family. And besides which if you are not happy and you leave it might free up a space that my brother and his wife could take.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I have been with Dr. Achtymichuk for a while now and his staff along with himself are wonderful. I always have all my questions answered and anxiety eased. Anytime I have had problems, need prescriptions refilled, or get an appointment for testing they are always so friendly and helpful. I give this doctor a 5* as himself along with his staff have never let me down. Keep up the amazing work that you do. I had an appointment for 3:15pm and was taken in early and out before my appointment was even to start now that is amazing service. I have to note that the new nurse Corine is exactly what a nurse should be, she made me feel comfortable, welcomed and at ease. She made sure all my questions were answered and that I was aware of everything that was going on throughout the appointment. The bedside manner of this office is top notch I'd give them 10 * if I could.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Dr. Achtymichuk is a wonderful doctor. His staff is lovely and very helpful. Kit has been there a long time and is alway helpful and friendly, always has a friendly smile. Not too many offices are this nice anymore. When Kit retires, they will struggle, for sure. They have no idea what a blessing she is. Carol Ann has been very helpful and friendly to me. It's true, we do ALL have bad days but you shouldn't bring your s*#t to work. Keep up the good work.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I have been a patient here all of my life, I find the Dr. to be a wonderful help and do really appreciate that if I have a problem that requires immediate medical attention they ALWAYS make time for me, ALWAYS! Otherwise yes, like many of the reviews posted it is a little bit of a wait to get in... but the way I look at this is, if he wasn't busy, and I could get in right away would I not wonder why. He is busy because he is a good doctor. Plain and simple. To address the concerns that seem to be arising about the staff, I have always found they try to HELP. I am not a huge fan of the current nurse because of an issue with her over the summer(she insisted I must be pregnant after coming to her about some issues with my always regular period, when I assured her that was not a current possibility she continued to press that I must be pregnant... Well I then announced quite definitively that seeing as I, at the time was 16 and not having sex... NO I ACTUALLY WAS NOT PREGNANT) The receptionist Carol Ann is helpful and if you feel you need to see a doctor in spite of what she suggests she has ALWAYS booked me an appointment. I find the ENTIRE staff of this office to be helpful and while I do not get along with the current nurse, it is not like she is incompetent... One MINOR bad experience does not make a bad doctors office... WE ALL HAVE BAD DAYS RIGHT???

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016