Ratings for Dr. Patricia Harvey

Caring, compassionate, extremely knowledgeable and an absolute professional. I would have been blind years ago if not for Dr. Harvey. She is very busy...the best always are...but she will spend the time when it is warranted.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017

Wow reading some of these brings back memories. My daughter is completely blind because of her!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

I took my infant son in to see her in 1995 twice before his first birthday. She misdiagnosed him saying he had a layer of skin over his eye that would eventually fall away. A few years later we found out his retina had been detached and it was now too late to reattach it!! He is now blind in that eye because she doesn't know what a detached retina looks like!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I've been seeing her since I was born in 1992. She seems to rush people but she's BUSY. I love her and in my 25 years of seeing her I've never seen her yell at her staff. I mean one of her nurses retired from the Hamilton office and came to work in the Toronto office. She's a good woman.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr Patricia Harvey was very rude to my mother and may have even misdiagnosed her. My mother is legally blind. She did not take the time to explain to her why she changed her diagnosis from the previous year, she did not ask my mother if she has any questions or concerns, and just walked out of the room without even saying she is done! I mean really?? What kind of a doctor does that to their innocent patients that are completely relying on their doctor's for help. As a doctor, it is your job to to explain each patients condition clearly, to 'CARE' about your patients and be there to address their concerns. Unbelievably disgusted by this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

She has been my doctor for many years. Dr. Harvey is over worked, and still manages to take the time to address all your concerns, and explains everything to you. Love her, she is great, and one of the best in her field. I generally wait in excess of 2 hrs. to see a specialist, even with a set time for an appointment. I have never experienced this with Dr. Harvey.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Dr. Harvey is rude, rushes patients in and out of her office and provides incomplete information or non at all. I was recently misdiagnosed, given a next appointment for a year from now and pushed out of her office with a'see you in one year' when I asked a question about my sight after a 5minute visit. Needless to say I did not get an answer. Thankfully my optometrist saw what was wrong and referred me elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

She is a very knowledgeable Ophthalmologist but is unprofessional and rude with her staff and patients. I have witnessed her raise her voice several times with her staff and patients. I would never recommend her and I totally agree with thought around she is all about the money; hence the over booking and mass assembly line.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Very unprofessional. Did not take the time to answer questions and was very impatient and rude. Like another reviewer said, it was like a factory the way things worked. Also books appointments for half a year later. Seems to be all about the money.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Have been seeing Dr Harvey for thirty years. Both at Mac and her office in Toronto. I can't say enough good about this Dr. I would not have the vision I have today without her excellent care and knowledge. She may not have personality plus but is always pleasant. I have never found her office to be overbooked. I am always out in a timely fashion. She has always been willing to explain procedures to me with both risks and benefits. I also like her thoughts on just how far to go in treatment of patients eyes and how best to keep as much of their vision as possible. She is not quick to rush into a risky treatment unless absolutely last resort. She will try less risky procedures first with your consent.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015