Ratings for Dr. Marc Dufour

My husband and I found Dr. Dufour very patient and thorough. He did all the regular checks and left time at each appointment for our questions, which he answered fully or directed us to the correct place for more complete answers. His nurse was very friendly and made each visit pleasant. She was helpful with forms and giving us all the info for the hospital, clinics, and pre-admissions. Also, every appointment was on time, or within 15 minutes. We honestly never had to wait more than this amount of time. Dr. Dufour did not deliver our baby but I would have been completely comfortable with him, if he had been on call.

Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr.Dufour delivered my son almost 3 years ago, my son died 8 min after he was born. After being called in to assist with my doctor, he denied the option of c-section, quote "i can do it" and proceded to use the suction which he failed 3 times. He then chose to use forceps which crushed his skull and caused extensive hemorraging in his brain and neck. After all was said and done, he tried to blame this terrible ordeal on me, saying it was my body. He had no bed side manner, and was very disrespectful in all doctor notes that he wrote. He has been under investigation with the college of physcians for this incident, I hope that you will not trust this man with the life of your baby as he only cares about getting his shift done and leaving the hospital.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

Dr. Dufour put in my IUD for me and he told me that the pain would only last 30 mins, turned out it lasted like 8 hours. A couple of days later, I felt the string coming out a bit so I went to the hospital, I was also bleeding alot. Well, the doctor at the hospital said he wasnt able to take it out because he wasn't specialised to do it, but when he took a look down there, the IUD was already halfway out, falling out, so he was able to take it out. Dr. Dufour did not do a good job at all putting it in and I would have never went to see him again. Unfortunately, I have another appointment with him soon, suggested by my doctor, and I am not very happy with it. Lets see how this goes ....

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Excellent doctor-had him for my first baby and had a schedule c-section. I requested him because three friend of mine had his for c-sections and the recovery time was excellent-within one week all of us felt almost back to normal and the scar was completely healed-I would recommend him to anyone-I saw two other OB's before him and he was the only one who had a bedside manner

Submitted January 13, 2010

The only good thing about his clinic is Marsha (the secretary). She is ever so sweet. Dufour on the other hand is the biggest IDIOT i have EVER met. I have PCOS, endometriosis, severe pain, and irregular bleeding. I was his paitent for 8 months and he never did ONE test on me. He just kept telling me that I was fat and needed to take birth control. He was never nice to me once, and didnt seem to know what he was talking about. I went to the hospital after bleeding for 2 months straight, and went to see him for a followup. The doctor at the hospital said i needed laproscopic surgery - and Dufour said "I dont do that its damaging." I called his office, said I didn't want him as a doctor anymore, and got referred to a new one. I have heard so many bad things about him from other people EVEN NURSES AT THE GENERAL HOSPITAL. Even a midwife, and doctor I know personally dont have nice things to say. I wonder where this guy got his license from... A cereal box?

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

I think Dr Dufour is VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE! I had him for all 3 of children.I suggest you go to this site and you will see that there are NO RESTRICTIONS on Dr Dufour http://www.cpso.on.ca/docsearch/details.aspx?view=1&id=%2071004 Dr Dufour is a wonderful man and people like you guys who don't get what they want from a Dr decide to take it out on the Dr!

Submitted January 26, 2009

This Dr has no idea what he is doing. He delivered my first child. When i could no longer push, he said he did not want to do a c section, because it was too late at night and wanted to go home, instead he used forceps and got my son in the eye, so he was born with a black eye and not breathing well. Later i found out that he COULD NOT preform a c section because he had lost his hospital rights and could not operate alone, undfortunetly, it was probably due to someone elses bad experience. HE should not be aloud to see people at all!!!!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009

I would tell all women out there not to see this doctor. He did not get the heatbeat from weeks 11-18 (My baby stopped growing @ 11 weeks & I needed a D&C which another OB/GYN did--Thank God!) I was also spotting for 2 weeks & I told him I was very concerned for my baby. Not once did he send me for an emergercy U/S & told me everything would be ok. I went to my family doc & he told me to go to the emerg. right away. I felt as though he never listened to me. I was also told he could feel my baby "move" when infact it was not alive. Beware...

flag | Submitted November 29, 2008

run away as fast as you can if you get "sent" to him

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr Dufour's for a number of years now. I started seeing him in my early 20's because I had never had my period and wanted to have children. After a number of closely monitored fertility treatments, I had my little girl. He also discovered a number of underlying issues which had caused my fertility problems in the first place. I had a some unavoidable complications from my c-section with my daughter, and Dr Dufour could not have been more caring or supportive. This man is not just concerned with the gyno issues of his patience, but also their overall health. Thanks to his help and encouragement, I am 100 pounds lighter than I was when I started seeing him, and am having my second child in 3 weeks. His honesty can occasionally catch you off guard but it is always said with the patients best interest at heart. This man is the ONLY Dr in Sudbury I would allow to be in charge of my care, because I know he has mine and my babies best interest at heart.

Submitted November 13, 2008